Feature???!!! OH HELL YA!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2017, 04:28 PM
Feature???!!! OH HELL YA!
So I was playing Pesona 5 and had Spotify running in the background and I noticed something.

There's no in game volume settings. Instead when I loaded the game with Spotify on it automatically turned off the in game music!! Fucking awesome feature, wish more games had that.

Then again, because I'm loosing my hearing I have to turn down all the game sounds a bit and leave voice at max volume to understand what the fuck anyone is saying... It's not really a problem in a game like Persona but it could be a problem in other games with lots of loud booms and the assumption that everyone can understand what the fuck is being said during said loud booms

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2017, 01:36 AM
RE: Feature???!!! OH HELL YA!
(28-08-2017 04:28 PM)JesseB Wrote:  There's no in game volume settings. Instead when I loaded the game with Spotify on it automatically turned off the in game music!! Fucking awesome feature, wish more games had that.

Persona 5? So that means you were playing it on a PS4, so can I assume that you were also running Spotify through your PS4? In that case, it's probably not so much a game feature, as a console one. As in, that probably wasn't something the developers of Persona 5 went out of their way to include, so much so as just how the PS4 handles Spotify when you start up a game?

Actually, I looked into it more, and it is indeed a feature of the PS4 version of the Spotify app.

After a particularly painful wait, the Spotify application has put in a surprise appearance on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 today. One of its niftiest features on Sony's next-gen hardware, however, is its ability to enable audio playback – while you're playing games. Most games manually adjust to this feature – with the soundtrack dropping out while sound effects and dialogue remain – but your mileage may vary.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/03/g..._ps4_games

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply