Federal Judge rules Obama's amnesty unlawful

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2015, 07:25 AM
Federal Judge rules Obama's amnesty unlawful
http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/...story.html

I knew this would happen. Obama obviously overstepped his constitutional authority, and he knew it. He said on video multiple times he didn't have the authority. No judge will side with him. The 5th circuit court is made up of Bush/Reagan appointees, and SCOTUS will crush it once it gets there.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Patriot10mm's post
17-02-2015, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2015 07:34 AM by cactus.)
RE: Federal Judge rules Obama's amnesty unlawful
Well, yeah, they should be deported, since dey terk er jerbs.
Dey teerrrk err jeeerrrbs!

Or maybe we should just deport them to New York, since the Statue of Liberty hasn't been dismantled yet.
[Image: give_me_your_tired_11x17_poster.jpg?heig...;width=240]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
17-02-2015, 07:36 AM
(17-02-2015 07:27 AM)cactus Wrote:  Well, yeah, they should be deported, since dey terk er jerbs.
Dey teerrrk err jeeerrrbs!

Or maybe we should just deport them to New York, since the Statue of Liberty hasn't been dismantled yet.
[Image: give_me_your_tired_11x17_poster.jpg?heig...;width=240]

There are plenty of people going through the LEGAL process of immigration. Obama is rewarding ILLEGAL immigrants that broke the law. Big difference.

17-02-2015, 07:44 AM
Yes, didn't he know it would happen himself? Didn't he mention he was doing it mainly because you have to some times take a step you can take to make a political statement in politics, and attempt to get the conversation working on a level to assist the issues instead of letting congress do nothing about it? That was kinda the intent.

Now if he can actually do something or more relevant can congress now do something, that would be grand. Black and white legal/illegal isn't quite the greatest way a person should view things though.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
17-02-2015, 10:46 AM
Now will the GOP in the House realize that this gives them exactly what they were looking to accomplish with the strings attached to the DHS funding bill and they now have political cover to vote for a clean funding bill? ... hahahahahahaaahaahahaaahaaa

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-02-2015, 05:52 AM
The judge hasn't ruled Obama's actions unlawful, but instead has placed a temporary injunction on amnesty until the legal battle can be fought.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
18-02-2015, 06:32 AM
@OP, I don't get your name, is it the size of your dick or something?

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
18-02-2015, 06:46 AM
I thought all men were created equal. why does it matter what side of an imaginary line that people are born?

then they label them 'illegals.' How can an individual be 'illegal?'
19-02-2015, 08:37 AM
(18-02-2015 05:52 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  The judge hasn't ruled Obama's actions unlawful, but instead has placed a temporary injunction on amnesty until the legal battle can be fought.

I don't believe that to be correct. The judge wrote a 123 page opinion tearing apart Obama's actions. He even wrote specifically that Obama cannot change written law.

19-02-2015, 05:02 PM
The opinion can be found here: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/...adaca.html

Quote:Finally, both sides agree that the President in his official capacity has not directly instituted any program at issue in this case. Regardless of the fact that the Executive Branch has made public statements to the contrary, there are no executive orders or other presidential proclamations or communique that exist regarding DAPA. The DAPA Memorandum issued by Secretary Johnson is the focus in this suit.
3. Standing Under the Administrative Procedure Act

The APA provides that a "person suffering a legal wrong because of agency action, or adversely affected or aggrieved by agency action within the meaning of a relevant statute, is entitled to judicial review thereof." 5 U.S.C. 702. This right of judicial review extends to agency actions "for which there is no other adequate remedy in a court." 5 U.S.C. 704. To demonstrate standing under the APA, the plaintiff must Show that it has suffered or will suffer a sufficient injury in fact. Nat'l Credit Union Admin. v. First Nat'l Bank Trust Co., 522 US 479, 488 (1998). The plaintiff must also demonstrate prudential standing under the APA, which requires showing that "the interest sought to be protected by the complainant [is] arguably within the 'zone of interests' to be protected by a statute," the prudential showing requirement is
satisfied.
This Court, for the reasons discussed above, hereby grants the Plaintiff States' request for a preliminary injunction. It hereby finds that at least Texas has satisfied the necessary standing requirements that the Defendants have clearly legislated a substantive rule without complying with the procedural requirements under the Administration Procedure Act.

So the way I read it:
- This is a temporary injunction, not a ruling on the legality of the program
- It does not deal with any executive order or instruction coming directly from the president
- It finds that the state of Texas has standing in the case due to potential harm that illegal immigration can do to Texas
- Because Texas has standing the case will be heard to determine the legality of the program
- Because the case will be heard an injunction is warranted to prevent irreversable actions taking place

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.