Federal government already fighting state's rights in marijuana legalization

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2012, 03:52 PM
RE: Federal government already fighting state's rights in marijuana legalization
(08-11-2012 11:08 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm wondering if your OP was based on the paranoid ravings of one influenced by the pot or do you have citations to go along with this accusation against the evil Feds?

Living in Washington, I've yet to see convoys of DEA vans cruising the streets, rounding up little old ladies toking their joints. The Feds haven't made any responses yet to legalization. The word in the media is at best, they'll treat it like medical marijuana: turn an apathetic eye on the operations that stay strict to the regulations and bust those who violate state regs.

December 6, it will be legal to posses an ounce of weed for personal consumption. Plain and simple. The Feds can't change that. The details on growing and distributing is where the federal battle may get sticky. At this point the law makes possession legal but doesn't speak yet to details of how one is to acquire the wonder weed.

No they haven't done anything yet. But I've lived with this government for 30 years, I know what is to come. Through ambiguous law, they'll make it difficult at every turn to start any business relating to marijuana. They'll bottleneck progress and impede so often that people will give up on it. Then they can point to it and proclaim, "See! We told you this wouldn't work!" The drug companies and drug czars and anyone involved in the "war on drugs" are all deluded and powerful men. Anyone who has seen the Woody Harrelson narrated weed documentary or seen the movie Reefer Madness know that propaganda is their greatest tool. Anyways, it's nothing they've done, but they've already set their targets on it within days of the bill pass. If they do nothing, I'll rescind my complaint.

(08-11-2012 12:52 PM)legendoflink Wrote:  This is ridiculous.
Obama gets re-elected and the first thing that they discuss is about pot.

Shouldn't the debt, war, and education be first on the list?!

No, no, no. Don't do that. That expected right wing complaining about the issues selected right after election. As if whatever he does right after the election has any more importance than what he does all term long. If he had stopped by Taco Bell on his way home, would you be complaining that "THIS is what Nobama chose to do after being elected? Taco Bell?"

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Federal government already fighting state's rights in marijuana legalization - Buddy Christ - 08-11-2012 03:52 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  1 in 10 Deaths related to Alcohol, Marijuana still illegal Revenant77x 28 365 02-07-2014 09:07 PM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  Separation of church and state in your country Tatuks 11 236 30-06-2014 02:57 AM
Last Post: Luminon
  Is having a government scientific? Luminon 199 2,070 19-06-2014 05:39 AM
Last Post: Luminon
  SSM Now coming to a state near you Revenant77x 4 89 06-06-2014 09:44 PM
Last Post: Smercury44
Brick Atheists; Gun Rights Acknowledgement Snuff 396 10,632 05-05-2014 05:54 AM
Last Post: War Horse
  Louisiana to Make Bible Official State Book?! The Germans are coming 9 170 22-04-2014 07:24 AM
Last Post: wazzel
  Are there any nonreligious reasons gays shouldn't have rights Aleprauchanist 26 456 12-04-2014 07:12 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan