Federal government already fighting state's rights in marijuana legalization

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2012, 08:02 PM
RE: Federal government already fighting state's rights in marijuana legalization
(08-11-2012 07:58 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(08-11-2012 07:50 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Muffs, you may have FINALLY hit upon your business plan!
It's not legal here.
Hello. You're evil. Legal doesn't matter.

There's no reason why you can't work from there. You form an offshore corporation that buys a warehouse in the suburbs of Seattle, and then you hire me and Stark to manage the grow op and distributing to the merchants!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
08-11-2012, 08:09 PM
RE: Federal government already fighting state's rights in marijuana legalization
(08-11-2012 08:02 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(08-11-2012 07:58 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's not legal here.

There's no reason why you can't work from there. You form an offshore corporation that buys a warehouse in the suburbs of Seattle, and then you hire me and Stark to manage the grow op and distributing to the merchants!
Wait a minute here. Since when did we discuss cutting Muffs in on this?

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
08-11-2012, 08:13 PM
(08-11-2012 08:09 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(08-11-2012 08:02 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Hello. You're evil. Legal doesn't matter.

Wait a minute here. Since when did we discuss cutting Muffs in on this?
Shhhhh! He's the money man and the patsy that takes the fall when the Feds decide to challenge States Rights, remember? Fuck! You do this every fucking time!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
08-11-2012, 09:07 PM
(08-11-2012 08:13 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(08-11-2012 08:09 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Wait a minute here. Since when did we discuss cutting Muffs in on this?
Shhhhh! He's the money man and the patsy that takes the fall when the Feds decide to challenge States Rights, remember? Fuck! You do this every fucking time!
GODAMMIT! This memory of mine! I can't figure out.....what......ummm......did you say Feds? States whatsamahoosits?

Look! Something shiny!

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
08-11-2012, 09:08 PM
(08-11-2012 08:02 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(08-11-2012 07:58 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's not legal here.

He also doesn't own a large cigarette company.

Then again the cigarette company would probably lower the THC to the point you had to smoke two packs a day to get a little buzz going.
Fucking capitalism...
[+] 1 user Likes Diablo666's post
09-11-2012, 04:46 AM
If I was to do such a thing I wouldn't be leaving you two in charge of anything, I'm not stupid.

I would however require two very experienced quality assurance experts...

Quote:Then again the cigarette company would probably lower the THC to the
point you had to smoke two packs a day to get a little buzz going.

Fucking capitalism...

No they wouldn't.
They don't do it for ciggs, quite the opposite in fact.
If they were to sell a product with half the potency someone would just create a stronger product that would then out sell the weaker product.
Look at Frank Lucas (The guy 'American Gangster' was filmed about), he sold heroin at far stronger potency then his competitors and was able to run them out of business because of it.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
09-11-2012, 06:38 AM
(08-11-2012 07:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(08-11-2012 07:20 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Because they don't stand to profit or have the resource control.

WTF do you mean they don't stand to profit? Of course they stand to profit. They're big tobacco.
They can buy weed in larger quantities and hence cheaper. They can manufacture mass packets of joints just like do cigs. They could sell it like rolling tobacco, just package and sell it as is.
They can sell it far cheaper then some small corner store.
How do you think Wal Mart got so successful? Because they're big and can sell shit cheaper then the little guy.
Plus, they already have the shelving in stores, they could sell this shit at the grocery store next to all the cigs. People like convenience and if they can buy an ounce conveniently over the counter while doing their groceries instead of making another trip to the local weed store with the creepy stoner clerk, then they're going to.

I'm sure there is a huge market for stressed the fucked out adults and not just teens and undergrads.

No, like most of the filthy rich they have forgotten what it is like to have competition. People have proven that it is pretty easy to grow pot in your house. The tobacco companies own the only land in the U.S. where it is legal to grow tobacco. If weed becomes legal and they switch from tobacco to weed, their competition would ensure that they are not a billion dollar a year business any longer. They only want to compete if they are the ones with the monopoly. That is why it is so hard to become rich in the first place. The uber rich dictate policy that helps them and makes it damn near impossible to get started.
09-11-2012, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2012 08:04 AM by earmuffs.)
(09-11-2012 06:38 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(08-11-2012 07:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  WTF do you mean they don't stand to profit? Of course they stand to profit. They're big tobacco.
They can buy weed in larger quantities and hence cheaper. They can manufacture mass packets of joints just like do cigs. They could sell it like rolling tobacco, just package and sell it as is.
How do you think Wal Mart got so successful? Because they're big and can sell shit cheaper then the little guy.
Plus, they already have the shelving in stores, they could sell this shit at the grocery store next to all the cigs. People like convenience and if they can buy an ounce conveniently over the counter while doing their groceries instead of making another trip to the local weed store with the creepy stoner clerk, then they're going to.

I'm sure there is a huge market for stressed the fucked out adults and not just teens and undergrads.

No, like most of the filthy rich they have forgotten what it is like to have competition. People have proven that it is pretty easy to grow pot in your house. The tobacco companies own the only land in the U.S. where it is legal to grow tobacco. If weed becomes legal and they switch from tobacco to weed, their competition would ensure that they are not a billion dollar a year business any longer. They only want to compete if they are the ones with the monopoly. That is why it is so hard to become rich in the first place. The uber rich dictate policy that helps them and makes it damn near impossible to get started.
a) They wouldn't replace tobacco for weed, it's called having more then 1 product...
b) It doesn't have to be a billion dollar a year industry to be worth it, last I checked a few 100mill was still a lot of money. And that's saying it wouldn't be a billion dollar industry when I'm fairly certain it would be.
c) Tobacco is legal to grow at home (here anyway), yet how many people do it? Nobody.
d) Weed is the way it is, small growers selling to small dealers selling to individuals because it's a largely illegal industry, it's the only way to do it. Making it legal changes the whole ball game, changes all the rules.
You can say it's done this way or that way, but it's not about the way it's done NOW, it's about a better way to do it the FUTURE. And I'm telling you, selling packets of weed like they ciggs at the convenience of the grocery store will sell a shit ton more then people growing their own or going to some weird corner store on the fringes of town and having to deal with that creepy stoner clerk.
Nobody will grow their own if they can buy a cheap pack at the gas station like they do ciggs. The same reason nobody grows their own big mac.

Marlboro, Camel, Holiday etc.. all well known cigaret brands, nothing stopping a similar name brand that sells weed being a common house hold name.
While at the gas station just saying "and a pack of Marlboro red" is a great example of how easy it is to buy ciggs and how easy it could be to buy weed.

09-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Re: RE: Federal government already fighting state's rights in marijuana legalization
(08-11-2012 07:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(08-11-2012 07:20 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Because they don't stand to profit or have the resource control.
WTF do you mean they don't stand to profit? Of course they stand to profit. They're big tobacco.

Apparently the reason passed you by... Because they don't have control over the resource. They have the hold on tobacco, even with their money, the expansive growth of private farm and foreign marijuana sources. People love their habits, they won't stop hippy shops at done instant rate.

It's why they haven't done this by now or pushed for legalization. I though I didn't need to expand how controlling a resource to create insane profit is different from marginal profit.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
09-11-2012, 08:40 AM
(09-11-2012 08:14 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(08-11-2012 07:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  WTF do you mean they don't stand to profit? Of course they stand to profit. They're big tobacco.

Apparently the reason passed you by... Because they don't have control over the resource. They have the hold on tobacco, even with their money, the expansive growth of private farm and foreign marijuana sources. People love their habits, they won't stop hippy shops at done instant rate.

It's why they haven't done this by now or pushed for legalization. I though I didn't need to expand how controlling a resource to create insane profit is different from marginal profit.
Of course they don't own the resources, IT WAS ILLEGAL.

If business people only went into business selling things they current possess then the only shops around would be garage sales.