Poll: I accept the premise that we are born believers because of evolution.
Yes.
No.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Feedback requested on a new hypothesis on the origin of atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
22-09-2016, 12:35 PM
RE: Feedback requested on a new hypothesis on the origin of atheism
(22-09-2016 12:02 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I don't claim to have a perfect understanding of racism or anything else, but there is absolutely zero evidence of racism in any of Aliza's posts in this thread. You're just makin' shit up, as usual. She was clearly responding to your stalking of RocketSurgeon. She said nothing whatsoever about your skin color.

You are starting to remind of a guy who called himself Wicked Clown. He was White.

She's not responding to me looking into why RS served time in prison, as her inability to paint the neighbor/the coworker/father in my examples as equivalent to murderers and rapists, or even to call them creepy for inquiring about their curiosities.

So whatever led Aliza to paint a picture of a violent rapist, clearly wasn't me googling why RS was in prison for.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2016, 12:37 PM
(22-09-2016 11:50 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Shifting the blame and making yourself the victim is apparently the best he could come up with. Rolleyes

Works for Trump.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-09-2016, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2016 01:47 PM by Aliza.)
(22-09-2016 12:06 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(22-09-2016 11:58 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Yes. I do. You admitted to internet stalking.

I admitted to looking into why someone who stated they served time for nearly decade, was in prison for.

Now you tell me how the makes me a possible rapist of murderer?

If a man found out his neighbor was in prison for 10 years, and looked into why, would you paint him as a possible rapist or murderer?

Let’s go over this again. You did not stalk RS out of any kind of preventative measure to keep yourself safe from his reach, because to you, RS lives in the internet. He doesn’t live in your world, and you’re in no danger from him, perceived or real.

No, and let’s be very clear on this, you stalked him because you’re a nosey fuck and you wanted to discredit him.

The reason I don’t call RS out for his having been in jail is because it’s none of my fucking business. RS is an established forum member who is not trolling, he’s not here to scam anyone, he’s not here to sell us anything or proselytize some ridiculous religion. His life is his own business and the business of those with whom he shares his story. If you don’t believe him, then you just need to remind yourself that everyone is walking their own walk. We’re all learning our own lessons and not every person is in the exact same place you’re in. Be the adult and give them a measure of leeway to experience and grow. Especially in an environment where it shouldn't matter to you one way or another.

You, on the other hand, are not keeping yourself in internet land. You openly admitted to stalking RS and that blurs the line between staying online and inviting yourself into his real life. When you cross that line, you become a threat; a real, tangible threat that needs to be addressed.
[+] 7 users Like Aliza's post
22-09-2016, 01:19 PM
(22-09-2016 12:00 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(22-09-2016 11:50 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  When you admit to doing something creepy and get called out on it, your choices of response are limited.

Shifting the blame and making yourself the victim is apparently the best he could come up with. Rolleyes

I admitted to looking into why someone who stated they served 10 years in prison, was in prison for. Not sure how the connects to begin murder or a rapist.

If you found out your daughter BF was in jail for 10 years, would it be creepy to look into why? If you found your neighbor or coworker was in jail for 10 years, would it be creepy to look into why? I've asked the question several times already in one version or the other, yet with no response.

Actually, you were answered by several posters. You are just ignoring the answers because you didn't like them.

Telling us what we think hasn't worked for you in the past. Neither has playing the martyr.

Doesn't look like either is working this time either...

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
22-09-2016, 01:28 PM
(22-09-2016 12:35 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(22-09-2016 12:02 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I don't claim to have a perfect understanding of racism or anything else, but there is absolutely zero evidence of racism in any of Aliza's posts in this thread. You're just makin' shit up, as usual. She was clearly responding to your stalking of RocketSurgeon. She said nothing whatsoever about your skin color.

You are starting to remind of a guy who called himself Wicked Clown. He was White.

She's not responding to me looking into why RS served time in prison, as her inability to paint the neighbor/the coworker/father in my examples as equivalent to murderers and rapists, or even to call them creepy for inquiring about their curiosities.

So whatever led Aliza to paint a picture of a violent rapist, clearly wasn't me googling why RS was in prison for.

You continue to ignore what has been pointed out to you several times: RS is not your neighbor or coworker or father, he's not dating your daughter -- he is nobody to you but a random guy on the internet, and you have no justifiable reason to stalk him. So why do you keep using that same lame and clearly inappropriate analogy?
22-09-2016, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2016 02:22 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
Fuck, everybody. I'm sorry I started this slugging match. I can see from the quotes that this is still going on.

My original statement was trying to convey that you don't say that kind of thing to people in real life because you're likely to meet someone who'll try to choke you out (or whatever) for talking that way. At least that's the way it is where I grew up in the deep South. This escalated from there.

It's really very simple. I was not in for check fraud, I haven't used checks in 20 years, and I have no idea where he even got that idea. Likely from a similar-named person-- assuming he really found anything like that and isn't just trying to pick whatever low-level crime came to mind.

Drug cases aren't a big deal (to anyone but the defendant) unless a large amount of drugs are found and/or a big raid is conducted... sensational things that news people like to focus on. Neither was present in my case. In fact, I walked into the courthouse and was arrested there, without fanfare. My case consisted of them trying to make a couple of tomato plant hydroponic grow boxes--to be fair, I was trying to develop a system for growing weed for medical patients, in home, but wasn't actually growing it at the time--into a major growing operation, based on the testimony of my ex-GF, who asked for and got a gag order to "protect" herself, so there was little for the reporter (one, once) in the courtroom to report upon. After conviction, there was a little blurb in the local paper, but as I said, it wasn't a paper that put its stuff online at the time, and when I got out and looked, I couldn't even find my own case. I suspect it's on microfiche, but even I don't care enough to go to the library and look through reams of files on that. Maybe they'll digitize, someday, and we can all read about it. But all it'll say is that I got convicted and was given a maximum sentence.

Cases being overturned, which occurs all the time, are never reported on unless either the lawyers behind the case (when a major group such as the Innocence Project) push it to the media or it's a fairly major case like a guy who did like 25 years for a murder or rape he didn't commit. Most overturned cases are lucky to get a paragraph on page six, next to the ads for JC Penny's new summer dress sale, because no one wants to hear that the system makes errors-- they need to believe in the system or else it unlocks a lot of questions people would rather not consider on a serious level. They'd rather think that the reality of the justice system is like the TV show Law & Order.

It's really simple: they built a case out of nothing, cheated to win (not uncommon in small courtrooms), and tried to pressure me into giving up names so they could go after bigger fish. It was a "guy who grows marijuana" case, not a big deal even at the height of the drug war, and they buried me with a max sentence as a penalty for not playing ball. Again, this happens all the time, daily, everywhere in the USA. To expect it all to be reported in the sensational fashion associated with major busts is ludicrous. Maybe if it had been meth or one of the other propaganda-useful chemicals that everyone is scared of, sure. The worst part of it is that they dig through your life-- your computers, your property, interviewing friends and family, everything... and they put it in a big report called a "discovery" that they hand to you to go over in your cell, seeing just how thoroughly their investigators can pull your life apart. It's possibly the single most horrifying part of the ordeal.

When I got out, I asked the lawyer handling my countersuit to keep things low-key, and not to make a media stink about it because I just wanted to restart my life and get back to trying to raise the son whose life I had missed for its first nine years. The damage they did was immeasurable.

Now privacy is paramount to me, and I still have a lot of shit I went through (as they put me in the awful conditions they did so they could try to extract info from me by way of a "plea deal" I didn't even have the ability to give in to) that I need to process. It's beyond despicable to me that this guy tried to dig like that, like they did. I guess he considers anyone who's ever been to prison fair game, still seeing me as a criminal rather than a person who just wants to try to get all this shit out of his head and not have to live with the recurring nightmares.

And I did put three guys in the infirmary. It wasn't the first time I was attacked, but it was the worst. It's amazing what you're capable of when you're fighting for your life in a confined space, full of adrenaline, and you're being stabbed with a screwdriver.

These are the scars I still carry from that attack:

[Image: wounds_zpsjyjituca.jpg]

(Apologies for the lighting and angle... you wouldn't believe how hard it is to take a photo of your own shoulderblade.)

They don't show up well in the picture, but they're pretty nasty looking scars, up close, that I now carry. The physical ones, that is. The eternal vulnerability to what Tomasia (and any other vicious person like him) did will linger much longer than the fear I felt while being stabbed.

This is the last I'm going to say on this subject.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
22-09-2016, 02:27 PM
(22-09-2016 01:10 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
Quote:Let’s go over this again. You did not stalk RS out of any kind of preventative measure to keep yourself safe from his reach, because to you, RS lives in the internet. He doesn’t live in your world, and you’re in no danger from him, perceived or real.

No, and let’s be very clear on this, you stalked him because you’re a nosey fuck and you wanted to discredit him.

I didn’t say anything about danger, you did.

If man hears his neighbor was in prison for 10 years and looks into why he was in jail, because he’s afraid, than that’s perfectly acceptable, it’s neither creepy, nor is he the equivalent of a rapist or murder. According to you.

Yet if he looked into it not out of fear for his life, but out curiosity, than he is creepy, equivalent to a rapist and murderer? Perhaps the neighbor moved away, and posed no real threat at this point, but out of curiosity the man decided to see whether google indicates why his former neighbor was arrested. In this scenario he looks into why his former neighbor was arrested out of curiosity rather than out of real fear.

According you this man would be creepy for doing so, a potential murderer and rapist, ain’t that right?

Or scenario B, he’d just be a man that was curious, but nosey, and should have minded his own business?

I’m assuming by what else you said here. you’d choose scenario B?

Yet when it came to me, you added both a violent and sexual dimension to this, you say this wasn’t because of the color of my skin, then why?

[quote]No, and let’s be very clear on this, you stalked him because you’re a nosey fuck and you wanted to discredit him.

The reason I don’t call RS out for his having been in jail is because it’s none of my fucking business. RS is an established forum member who is not trolling, he’s not here to scam anyone, he’s not here to sell us anything or proselytize some ridiculous religion. His life is his own business and the business of those with whom he shares his story. If you don’t believe him, then you just need to remind yourself that everyone is walking their own walk. We’re all learning our own lessons and not every person is in the exact same place you’re in. Be the adult and give them a measure of leeway to experience and grow. Especially in an environment where it shouldn't matter to you one way or another.

Have you lost the plot? You clearly like to invent your own narrative here. I did a simple google search over a year ago, out of curiosity as to why RS was jailed for 10 years for a crime he didn’t commit. As someone obsessed with crime dramas, podcasts like Serial, it shouldn’t be all that surprising as to why I’d be curious about this. I didn’t do so, so that I could one day discredit him, or to call him out. There was nothing nefarious, sexual, or violent about this, in fact at the time me and RS got along just fine, and I respected him a great deal.

If you wanted to merely suggest that this was none of my business, and I shouldn’t have done this, that I was being nosey, we wouldn’t be having this argument. You’re the one that twisted this into you head, into the portrait of a rapist and murderer. You’re inability to even own up this, continues to support my assumption that there is a racial element in your projections here.

I’m also guessing that you’re just shooting from the hip here, because you don’t even seem to know why the jail thing was even brought up here it the first place, it was so that RS could boast about his capacity for violence.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
22-09-2016, 02:43 PM
(22-09-2016 02:27 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
Quote:Let’s go over this again. You did not stalk RS out of any kind of preventative measure to keep yourself safe from his reach, because to you, RS lives in the internet. He doesn’t live in your world, and you’re in no danger from him, perceived or real.

If man hears his neighbor was in prison for 10 years and looks into why he was in jail, because he’s afraid, than that’s perfectly acceptable, it’s neither creepy, nor is he the equivalent of a rapist or murder. According to you.

Yet if he looked into it not out of fear for his life, but out curiosity, than he is creepy, equivalent to a rapist and murderer? Perhaps the neighbor moved away, and posed no real threat at this point, but out of curiosity the man decided to see whether google indicates why his former neighbor was arrested. In this scenario he looks into why his former neighbor was arrested out of curiosity rather than out of real fear.

According you this man would be creepy for doing so, a potential murderer and rapist, ain’t that right?

Or scenario B, he’d just be a man that was curious, but nosey, and should have minded his own business?

Yet when it came to me, you added both a violent and sexual dimension to this, you say this wasn’t because of the color of my skin, then why?

[quote]No, and let’s be very clear on this, you stalked him because you’re a nosey fuck and you wanted to discredit him.

Have you lost the plot? You clearly like to invent your own narrative here. I did a simple google search over a year ago, out of curiosity as to why RS was jailed for 10 years for a crime he didn’t commit. As someone obsessed with crime dramas, podcasts like Serial, it shouldn’t be all that surprising as to why I’d be curious about this. I didn’t do so, so that I could one day discredit him, or to call him out. There was nothing nefarious, sexual, or violent about this, in fact at the time me and RS got along just fine, and I respected him a great deal.

If you wanted to merely suggest that this was none of my business, and I shouldn’t have done this, that I was being nosey, we wouldn’t be having this argument. You’re the one that twisted this into you head, into the portrait of a rapist and murderer. You’re inability to even own up this, continues to support my assumption that there is a racial element in your projections here.

I’m also guessing that you’re just shooting from the hip here, because you don’t even seem to know why the jail thing was even brought up here it the first place, it was so that RS could boast about his capacity for violence.

Boy, you sure are good at knowing exactly why people do every little thing they do. Will you please be my personal shrink? I'm just dying for you to tell me all the things about myself that I've never been able to figure out.
[+] 6 users Like Grasshopper's post
22-09-2016, 07:12 PM
(22-09-2016 02:27 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  

You sure like to obsess over some stupid shit.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-09-2016, 08:07 PM
OK, I'd always thought that Tomasia was a white guy. Everybody's just words on the screen, but judging by his tone and behaviour I was getting white, vaguely paunchy, balding... But then I suck at visualizing the bodies that go with the personality. What's the point?

Tomasia, you were being stalkery. Not every woman finds that attractive. It isn't unusual for stalkers to become violent so Aliza's comments about rape and murder are hardly unfounded. If you need to bring race into it that's your problem. One of many by the sounds of it.

As for concerns of physical violence, I'm a vaguely amused that Aliza didn't yank your sack off for referring to her as a "chick".

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 6 users Like Paleophyte's post