Poll: I accept the premise that we are born believers because of evolution.
Yes.
No.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Feedback requested on a new hypothesis on the origin of atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
23-09-2016, 07:25 AM
RE: Feedback requested on a new hypothesis on the origin of atheism
Come back Randy!

You are far less boring and boorish than some!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
23-09-2016, 12:33 PM
Feedback requested on a new hypothesis on the origin of atheism
(22-09-2016 08:07 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  OK, I'd always thought that Tomasia was a white guy. Everybody's just words on the screen, but judging by his tone and behaviour I was getting white, vaguely paunchy, balding... But then I suck at visualizing the bodies that go with the personality. What's the point?

Tomasia, you were being stalkery. Not every woman finds that attractive. It isn't unusual for stalkers to become violent so Aliza's comments about rape and murder are hardly unfounded. If you need to bring race into it that's your problem. One of many by the sounds of it.

As for concerns of physical violence, I'm a vaguely amused that Aliza didn't yank your sack off for referring to her as a "chick".

Aliza response indicate that wouldn't be the case at all, she sees a nosey neighbor curious as to why someone who used to live next to him was in jail, and Googled it, as harmless, though he should have minded his buisness.

If skin color isn't the missing ingredient, then I'm not sure what is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
23-09-2016, 01:54 PM
(23-09-2016 12:33 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(22-09-2016 08:07 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  OK, I'd always thought that Tomasia was a white guy. Everybody's just words on the screen, but judging by his tone and behaviour I was getting white, vaguely paunchy, balding... But then I suck at visualizing the bodies that go with the personality. What's the point?

Tomasia, you were being stalkery. Not every woman finds that attractive. It isn't unusual for stalkers to become violent so Aliza's comments about rape and murder are hardly unfounded. If you need to bring race into it that's your problem. One of many by the sounds of it.

As for concerns of physical violence, I'm a vaguely amused that Aliza didn't yank your sack off for referring to her as a "chick".

Aliza response indicate that wouldn't be the case at all, she sees a nosey neighbor curious as to why someone who used to live next to him was in jail, and Googled it, as harmless, though he should have minded his buisness.

Does anyone else notice what an antisemite Tomasia is? Rolleyes
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
23-09-2016, 02:06 PM
(23-09-2016 01:54 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 12:33 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Aliza response indicate that wouldn't be the case at all, she sees a nosey neighbor curious as to why someone who used to live next to him was in jail, and Googled it, as harmless, though he should have minded his buisness.

Does anyone else notice what an antisemite Tomasia is? Rolleyes

Why now that you mention it my psychic powers do indicate that this is the case. My psychic powers tell me that Tommy won't see the irony of your post and instead will focus on flapping his gums about irrelevant shit again.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
23-09-2016, 06:03 PM
(23-09-2016 01:54 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Does anyone else notice what an antisemite Tomasia is? Rolleyes

I'm having a hard time seeing it through the blinding misogyny.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
23-09-2016, 06:07 PM
(23-09-2016 12:33 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  If skin color isn't the missing ingredient, then I'm not sure what is.

'I don't get it, thus racism.'

You are to race relations what intelligent design is to science. The sound of the wind whistling through your ears should be a telltale as to where the missing ingredient is missing from.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 5 users Like Paleophyte's post
23-09-2016, 10:10 PM
(22-09-2016 06:22 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  [...] And as an FYI, I've lived in a gay neighborhood for several years, have plenty of gay friends, attended gay clubs, been an pride, etc [...]

And these claims are precisely what closet homophobes make every day in their defence against their accusers. "Oh, I've got lots of gay friends etc etc etc." ad nauseam.

Quote:So calling me gay is as offensive to me, as insulting me for wearing shoes, or for riding a bike.

Can I ask you if you're capable of doing either?

Quote:I have no problem whether you assume I'm straight, bi, transgender, gay, etc...., whether I've sucked a cock, or slept exclusively with overweight women.

Can I also ask you if you spit or swallow?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
23-09-2016, 11:07 PM
My apologies for taking this OP even further off-topic, but it seems to have morphed into a 'Tomasia versus the rest of us' thread. And I can't resist the challenge LOL.

(22-09-2016 11:23 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  No, my race likely has everything to do with it. Not sure what else you based your violent and sexual inferences from [...]

[Image: USA_2009._Percent_of_adult_males_incarce...nicity.png]
Prison Inmates at Midyear 2009 - Statistical Tables (NCJ 230113) U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics.

The incarceration rate of black males was over six times higher than that of white males, with a rate of 4,749 per 100,000 US residents.
Kouzmin, Alexander (2012). State Crimes Against Democracy: Political Forensics in Public Affairs.

Undecided

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
24-09-2016, 03:49 AM
(23-09-2016 11:07 PM)SYZ Wrote:  My apologies for taking this OP even further off-topic, but it seems to have morphed into a 'Tomasia versus the rest of us' thread. And I can't resist the challenge LOL.

(22-09-2016 11:23 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  No, my race likely has everything to do with it. Not sure what else you based your violent and sexual inferences from [...]

[Image: USA_2009._Percent_of_adult_males_incarce...nicity.png]
Prison Inmates at Midyear 2009 - Statistical Tables (NCJ 230113) U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics.

The incarceration rate of black males was over six times higher than that of white males, with a rate of 4,749 per 100,000 US residents.
Kouzmin, Alexander (2012). State Crimes Against Democracy: Political Forensics in Public Affairs.

Undecided

Well... now that this is a race debate... Does that indicate (a) black males commit more crimes because they're just more violent ( b) black males are disproportionately discriminated against by the justice system © black males do commit more crimes because they tend to be stuck in lower-class neighbourhoods and areas, have less access to education, less job opportunities etc.

IMO, and this is just opinion, it's probably a combination of b and c. Although I'm sure Birdie will be along shortly to insist that it's (a). This is where Shai Hulud would be a useful guy - he lectures on prisons and incarceration etc.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
24-09-2016, 07:23 AM
(23-09-2016 11:07 PM)SYZ Wrote:  My apologies for taking this OP even further off-topic

You have our eternal gratitude.

---
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post