Poll: I accept the premise that we are born believers because of evolution.
Yes.
No.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Feedback requested on a new hypothesis on the origin of atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
13-09-2016, 10:36 PM
RE: Feedback requested on a new hypothesis on the origin of atheism
(13-09-2016 03:13 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  You claim that babies lack a belief in God, and I'm seeking clarification. Do babies have any beliefs, or are they a blank slate absent of all beliefs, such as a belief that they exist, have a mind, etc....

It's entirely relevant to your claim that they lack a belief in God, if you don't understand why, then answering my questions would help to show you why.

Babies have "beliefs" in nothing. They LEARN things. Something you apparently forgot to do at your "prestigious" university.

You're not seeking anything. You're doing yet another lame drawn out boring set-up to preach about atheists, reverend. Isn't it time you name yourself a "bishop" ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
14-09-2016, 12:45 AM
Looks like ol' Rugmuncher's gotten the material he needs Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
14-09-2016, 01:20 AM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2016 01:46 AM by Gloucester.)
(13-09-2016 09:54 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 12:35 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  But still no proof this is our Randy and/or the author.

Read to the bottom of his proposed cover design

[Image: Dishonesty_zpszolaf8i6.png]
Ah, where did you get hold of that?

So, Randy, the answer to our oft-asked-never-answered-question is "YES"!

Therefore you seem to be suffering from a dual personality, part of you denies evolution and part uses it for your own purposes. All in the name of "Almighty God" no doubt.

Give us one good reason why we should trust you one word further.

Later: just realised that last question is redundant already - we could trust nothing Randy says. Not even "Goodbye" in case he reappears in another persona with some other crazy stuff

His one identifiable honesty was using his real name.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 5 users Like Gloucester's post
14-09-2016, 01:41 AM
(12-09-2016 10:27 PM)Randy Ruggles Wrote:  I'm sorry if you are butt-hurt at the term "atheopath" but if you understand the way I am using it, you won't be.

Sorry... passive-aggressive won't work here like it does in your church.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post
14-09-2016, 01:50 AM
Just noticed that all the numerals and letters within the head profile in the cover design are reversed. Except the word "God".

Wonder what a psychologist would make of that?

14-09-2016, 01:56 AM
(14-09-2016 01:50 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Just noticed that all the numerals and letters within the head profile in the cover design are reversed. Except the word "God".

It's probably a copyright thing... a way of avoiding it.

But aren't all the images reversed? I was born without a belief in DOGs.

Acanineopathy?

Consider

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
14-09-2016, 02:11 AM
(14-09-2016 01:56 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 01:50 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Just noticed that all the numerals and letters within the head profile in the cover design are reversed. Except the word "God".

It's probably a copyright thing... a way of avoiding it.

But aren't all the images reversed? I was born without a belief in DOGs.

Acanineopathy?

Consider
You mean someone has copyrighted all numbers and letters written the right way round? We'll all be screwed sued!
Shocking

Big Grin

14-09-2016, 02:19 AM
(13-09-2016 03:13 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  You claim that babies lack a belief in God, and I'm seeking clarification. Do babies have any beliefs, or are they a blank slate absent of all beliefs, such as a belief that they exist, have a mind, etc....

Neonatals hove no sense of self, let alone any knowledge of "gods". The human brain simply lacks sufficient neuronal synapses to allow for abstract thought processes; they don't develop sufficiently until around age 3 years.

[Image: ch1-fg3-synapse-density-over-time.jpg]

The early stages of development are strongly affected by genetic factors; for example, genes direct newly formed neurons to their correct locations in the brain and play a role in how they interact. However, although they arrange the basic wiring of the brain, genes do not design the brain completely. Instead, genes allow the brain to fine-tune itself according to the input it receives from the environment.

Educarer. 2006. educarer.org/brain.htm.
—Corel JL.1975. The postnatal development of the human cerebral cortex. Cambridge, MA.

[+] 7 users Like SYZ's post
14-09-2016, 02:39 AM
(14-09-2016 02:19 AM)SYZ Wrote:  

Neonatals hove no sense of self, let alone any knowledge of "gods". The human brain simply lacks sufficient neuronal synapses to allow for abstract thought processes; they don't develop sufficiently until around age 3 years.

[Image: ch1-fg3-synapse-density-over-time.jpg]

The early stages of development are strongly affected by genetic factors; for example, genes direct newly formed neurons to their correct locations in the brain and play a role in how they interact. However, although they arrange the basic wiring of the brain, genes do not design the brain completely. Instead, genes allow the brain to fine-tune itself according to the input it receives from the environment.

Educarer. 2006. educarer.org/brain.htm.
—Corel JL.1975. The postnatal development of the human cerebral cortex. Cambridge, MA.
I notice the difference between age 2 and adult images there. At two there seem yo be more connections but in the adult the connections look "denser". Could this be due to the "redundancy" where one memory may have have multiple locations with repeated refreshment?

Now I want to see similar images at ages10 and 20, maybe even 25. It seems the brain is "rewritten" in puberty, how?

It seems it adapts.

14-09-2016, 02:46 AM
(13-09-2016 08:10 AM)Randy Ruggles Wrote:  It's also interesting that since research shows that a higher percentage of homosexuals are atheists and that homosexuality likely happens in the womb due to a depletion of testosterone, this may further help to explain atheopathy.

And even more absolute horseshit. Homosexuality "happens in the womb"? Citations needed for that incredible claim.

Anyway, there's a correlation between ANY two things. What matters is how strong that correlation is, and whether that correlation, regardless of strength and direction, is meaningful.

• The divorce rate in Maine is very closely correlated with per capita consumption of margarine,
• The marriage rate in North Carolina is similarly correlated with the number of legal executions in the US,
• The number of PhDs awarded in mathematics is very closely correlated with the number of suicides by hanging, strangulation, and suffocation.

Your purported correlation between atheism and homosexuality, even IF it did happen to be close, is no more meaningful.

[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post