Poll: I accept the premise that we are born believers because of evolution.
Yes.
No.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Feedback requested on a new hypothesis on the origin of atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
15-09-2016, 09:27 PM
RE: Feedback requested on a new hypothesis on the origin of atheism
(15-09-2016 08:50 PM)Randy Ruggles Wrote:  (Individual stories maybe - like "godless" by Dan barker.)

You could always start with this.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-09-2016, 09:31 PM
(15-09-2016 09:07 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I've seen some Murikan journalism on YouTube so I know that's a non sequitur.

I believe Randy is Canadian. For the record.
15-09-2016, 11:26 PM
Rugrat, if ever any of us wanted to tell our stories I'd say chances are 99 to 100% that we'd want to write them ourselves, rather than entrust them to a person of such dubious credentials as yourself. A schmuck who spends an entire thread avoiding direct questions and pushing a religious agenda, while appearing not to give any thought to the objections raised. Why the fuck would any of us having seen your performance, then expect you to do anything except distort and manipulate any account to fit with your bullshit?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 9 users Like morondog's post
15-09-2016, 11:33 PM
(15-09-2016 11:26 PM)morondog Wrote:  Rugrat, if ever any of us wanted to tell our stories I'd say chances are 99 to 100% that we'd want to write them ourselves, rather than entrust them to a person of such dubious credentials as yourself. A schmuck who spends an entire thread avoiding direct questions and pushing a religious agenda, while appearing not to give any thought to the objections raised. Why the fuck would any of us having seen your performance, then expect you to do anything except distort and manipulate any account to fit with your bullshit?

That was hot, MD. Blush
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
15-09-2016, 11:56 PM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2016 12:24 AM by Gloucester.)
Quote:With a background in journalism, I am known for being unbiased.
Randy, your "journalism" may possibly be unbiased but your authorship of books on matters of creation, evolution and belief are so biased, at least one is so full of misused out of context quotations, opinions presented as facts etc. that on this evidence I would be suspicious if you claimed 2+2=4.

I would suspect an ulterior motive for your use of the truth.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 4 users Like Gloucester's post
16-09-2016, 12:21 AM
(15-09-2016 09:31 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 09:07 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I've seen some Murikan journalism on YouTube so I know that's a non sequitur.

I believe Randy is Canadian. For the record.

Is that a genetic belief?

Big Grin

I appreciate the correction. Thank you.

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
16-09-2016, 02:30 AM
(15-09-2016 08:50 PM)Randy Ruggles Wrote:  With a background in journalism, I am known for being unbiased.

Really ? What made you change that up when you came to TTA to post this feedback question ?

I see you're as delusional about yourself as you are about your deities. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 6 users Like Bucky Ball's post
16-09-2016, 02:42 AM
(15-09-2016 08:50 PM)Randy Ruggles Wrote:  With a background in journalism, I am known for being unbiased.

The moment you think this, is the moment you're blind to seeing it and correcting it. There are few things more biased than someone convinced of their own lack of bias.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-09-2016, 05:53 AM
(15-09-2016 08:50 PM)Randy Ruggles Wrote:  Before I get back to reading and responding to the feedback, I had a thought today. I've had an idea for a few years about writing a book of atheist de-conversions so to speak.

You have got to be joking.

In this thread so far, you have:

-called us broken, corrupted mutants.

-linked atheism to a mental illness.

-linked atheism to autism.

-lied about links between atheism and war/genocide

-shown a complete lack of understanding regarding infant mental development

-used cheap tabloids as reliable sources to back up science subjects

-lied about Galileo and his arrest

-lied about Christianity inventing all sciences

-repeatedly lied about science backing up your false claims

-repeatedly linked pattern-seeking behaviors to religious belief

-misquoted Darwin

-linked atheism to homosexuality.

Did I miss anything?

And now after all that you want to exploit personal stories for your financial gain?

(15-09-2016 08:50 PM)Randy Ruggles Wrote:  I wonder if any of you would like to participate in an interview that might become a chapter in such a book.

No. After what you've posted so far, it's an insult that you are even asking.

(15-09-2016 08:50 PM)Randy Ruggles Wrote:  Of course, you would have to have a compelling story. Obviously, "I've just never seen any evidence" won't quite do it.

And now you're going to judge us in regards to how exciting we are.

Everything you have posted here has exhibited extreme bias.

With a background in journalism you have no business writing a book critiquing evolution, or one on the neurological functions of our brains.

With your behavior here you have no business writing a book that exploits the extremely personal stories of people you have already insulted and denigrated.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 15 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
16-09-2016, 06:11 AM
Good on yer, FBH Thumbsup

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post