Poll: I accept the premise that we are born believers because of evolution.
Yes.
No.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Feedback requested on a new hypothesis on the origin of atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
18-09-2016, 06:11 AM
RE: Feedback requested on a new hypothesis on the origin of atheism
(18-09-2016 03:22 AM)morondog Wrote:  Rug vendor, how many of your previous book did you manage to sell? I ask 'cos I suspect not a lot. Does your God want you to fail at life?

Well, I wanted to make my life easier, and wanted to get a 'copy' of it that I could cut and paste from, instead of manually transcribing from the Amazon preview. I was entirely unable to find a copy floating around in the bay. Nobody seems to care enough to pirate it. Laughat

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
18-09-2016, 06:40 AM
(18-09-2016 06:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Nobody seems to care enough to pirate it. Laughat

The modern measure of man. Angel

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
18-09-2016, 10:02 AM
I've seen this kind of breakdown before. I expect the topics to switch to lap-sitting comely brown girls, Shekinah, Trans Ams, and Metatron soon.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-09-2016, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2016 10:15 AM by Gloucester.)
Quote:Ha, ha. Joke's on you. I don't go to church. Rarely ever did.

A church is not just a building, it originally meant assembly, can also be applied to any group with a common belief - as in creationists.

Since most, more sensible, churches do not hold creation to be literally true I would guess you might be less than fully, warmly welcome in most buildings dedicated to the supernatural.

It's usually only other fundies that like fundies.

Added: unless, of course, they are fundies of a different stripe then it's Hellfire and Damnation on them for being heretics!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
18-09-2016, 10:24 AM
(18-09-2016 10:02 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I've seen this kind of breakdown before. I expect the topics to switch to lap-sitting comely brown girls, Shekinah, Trans Ams, and Metatron soon.

Yup ... and admitting a blushing afinity for masturbation.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
18-09-2016, 10:29 AM
(18-09-2016 10:24 AM)kim Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 10:02 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I've seen this kind of breakdown before. I expect the topics to switch to lap-sitting comely brown girls, Shekinah, Trans Ams, and Metatron soon.

Yup ... and admitting a blushing afinity for masturbation.

With a comely brown girl sitting on his lap?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
18-09-2016, 10:36 AM
(18-09-2016 10:29 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 10:24 AM)kim Wrote:  Yup ... and admitting a blushing afinity for masturbation.

With a comely brown girl sitting on his lap?

Or a brown girl comming on his lap?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
18-09-2016, 11:09 AM
(17-09-2016 05:28 PM)Randy Ruggles Wrote:  So, I've invested about 10 hours or so into this message board and, although I've appreciated much of the constructive feedback, much of it has been - to put it nicely - valueless. Here are some of the issues I will no longer respond to:

Let me make this very clear to you, since you sound a little annoyed over the 10 hours you’ve spent here. You are not going to change anyone’s position on this because you lack credentials and evidence, and the subject you’re trying to push on us isn’t as self-evident as you think it is.

If you find our input valueless, then leave. You are not going to get this time back and if you stay here, you will continue to speak to a hostile audience who is not willing to lower their standards to meet you half-way in any kind of compromise.

Your time on this forum will continue to be “valueless” until you present us with data (studies, tests, peer-reviewed information) that we can review. We need this to have an intellectual conversation with you.

(17-09-2016 05:28 PM)Randy Ruggles Wrote:  1. Theological questions: This thread is about science, not why God would do this or that?
2. The word "atheopathy": The arguments against it are petty and childish. If, and only if, it turns out to be inaccurate, I will change it. But not just because it hurts your feelings. Truth does not care about your feelings.

The word “atheopathy” isn’t a word at all. I looked it up. It’s not real. Sorry if that hurts your feelings, but the next time you coin a word, give Merriam-Webster dictionary a heads up. The truth is that you have, as of now, not created a word, and this word did not previously exist.

(17-09-2016 05:28 PM)Randy Ruggles Wrote:  3.The notion of whether we are natural-born theists: This is a well-established scientific fact for which there is little dispute in the literature. If you disagree, I strongly suggest you minimize your bias and educate yourself.

If you’ve presented this information, I’ve missed it. Show us your studies on the subject. Once I see the data, I’ll happily “educate myself”.

I am not interested in what this or that Christian scientist thinks in their heads. I want their data. If they are truly scientists, then they respect the need for data. Contact those scientists, obtain the data, and present it to us. Until you do that, you’re just like every other proselytizing Christian who comes here, jumping around like a monkey, trying to impress us with their poop flinging. We are not interested in your shit, Randy Ruggles.

(17-09-2016 05:28 PM)Randy Ruggles Wrote:  The notion of whether or not we’re born theists is irrelevant because we’re shaped by our environments and experiences anyway.

This I readily agree with.

(17-09-2016 05:28 PM)Randy Ruggles Wrote:  4. Anything about my previous book on evolution: It is irrelevant to the thesis of this book.
5. Anything about my personal religious views: They are also irrelevant to this thread. However, I'd be happy to entertain honest questions elsewhere.

The reason that your personal religious views may be an issue here is because your personal religious views have led you to behave like an evangelist. You have to understand that on this forum, evangelizing is a bad thing. It’s really looked down on, and you’re rubbing us as one of these bad people.

(17-09-2016 05:28 PM)Randy Ruggles Wrote:  The main thing I'm interested in is why some people - although it appears very few - are born without a belief in God. If you have alternate theories to the one I propose, I would like to hear them.

The people on this forum have views, not theories. That’s what you have, by the way. You have a view or an idea. You don’t have a theory. If you want to answer this question, then raise a lot of money and get a proper research university to design and conduct an experiment.

(17-09-2016 05:28 PM)Randy Ruggles Wrote:  But I assure you that others are already beginning to work on this and when my, or a similar hypothesis is vindicated, you will look very foolish and you will be forced to accept what you once rejected out of ignorance, pettiness and unbridled bias.

ROFL! Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load How are we supposed to take you seriously when you write stuff like this?

Let us suppose that other people are actually working on this. Let’s just pretend that for a moment. What happens for real if this “hypothesis” is really carried into the next phase of “theory”? Well, we can assume that if this idea of yours makes it into a theory, that some reliable data was presented to paint a clear picture, can’t we? And when we have good data, we can see an actual picture and take people seriously. Data is what it takes to make people listen to you.

But we don’t have that data now, do we?
No, we sure don't.

We have nothing but a crazy Christian lunatic with questionable credentials ranting and raving about how his ideas are so awesome and we should just trust him because… because why? Because he’s a Christian? Laugh out load
[+] 10 users Like Aliza's post
18-09-2016, 11:20 AM
(18-09-2016 11:09 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Let me make this very clear to you, since you sound a little annoyed over the 10 hours you’ve spent here.

That's my favorite part of the thread. I hope he stays for a lot longer.

18-09-2016, 11:21 AM
Wow. Aliza is lit. I don't remember her being so hostile. You guys are a bad influence on the poor girl. Angel

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post