Poll: I accept the premise that we are born believers because of evolution.
Yes.
No.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Feedback requested on a new hypothesis on the origin of atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
19-09-2016, 09:25 AM
RE: Feedback requested on a new hypothesis on the origin of atheism
(19-09-2016 09:10 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 06:44 AM)SYZ Wrote:  This single sentence confirms that you don't understand the meaning of teleology.

No I do, I doubt folks like yourself do.

If you think you know more than I do here on it's meaning, please expand on what a "telos" is, what it means for an object to have an end purpose.

And then let me know if biological objects like the heart have a "telos". And also let me know as an atheists, if you believe teleology exists in nature?

I'm all ears. This should be fun.

Being a sufferer from a serious cardiac condition the heart andbits functions is of considerable interest to me, Tomasia.

Pray tell me what other purposes this organ serves, under instruction ftom the brain and hormonal system (and, in my case, some very clever and complex electronics) other than to pump (which mine does at only about 45% efficiency) blood around the body.

There is feedback to other systems but, basically, the heart is the slave in the treadmill. The better you treat it the longer it will serve you well!

No metaphysical mysteries there.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
19-09-2016, 09:35 AM
(19-09-2016 09:10 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  No I do, I doubt folks like yourself do.

Rather arrogant, don't you think?

(19-09-2016 09:10 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  If you think you know more than I do here on it's meaning, please expand on what a "telos" is, what it means for an object to have an end purpose.

After you answer why we should consider medieval concepts like combining philosophy and science/biology when we have apistevism and the scientific method.

(19-09-2016 09:10 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  And then let me know if biological objects like the heart have a "telos". And also let me know as an atheists, if you believe teleology exists in nature?

Still clinging to outdated and archaic disciplines?
What about computing the number of angels that could dance on the head of a pin?
Or whether the earth is round or flat? (or hollow for that matter...)

(19-09-2016 09:10 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I'm all ears. This should be fun.

Sorry. I have no need or desire to provide your entertainment or gratification.

Go masturbate somewhere else.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
19-09-2016, 09:50 AM
apistevism

Hmm

Thanks, FBH, a new word for me. Interesting.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
19-09-2016, 09:53 AM
(19-09-2016 09:50 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  apistevism

Hmm

Thanks, FBH, a new word for me. Interesting.

I picked it up on one of Aronra's lectures. Forget which one.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
19-09-2016, 09:59 AM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2016 10:03 AM by Tomasia.)
(19-09-2016 09:35 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Rather arrogant, don't you think?

No more arrogant, than an atheists pointing out to a creationist that he doesn't know what he's talking about. But if someone want to make my "arrogant" ass eat his hat, the invitation is open.

Quote:After you answer why we should consider medieval concepts like combining philosophy and science/biology when we have apistevism and the scientific method.

I don't recall asking anyone to consider the validity of any teleological argument. It's only a question of the meaning of teleology, not it's validity. Regardless if the arguments for it are valid, or silly.

Quote:Still clinging to outdated and archaic disciplines?
What about computing the number of angels that could dance on the head of a pin?
Or whether the earth is round or flat? (or hollow for that matter...)

See above.

Quote:Sorry. I have no need or desire to provide your entertainment or gratification.

I didn't know that you're a sockpuppet for SYZ? I'm not sure how else you felt a post responding to SYZ was for you.

Quote:Go masturbate somewhere else.

Nah masturbating here is cheap and easy. Can't pass up the opportunity.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
19-09-2016, 10:02 AM
(19-09-2016 09:59 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 09:35 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Sorry. I have no need or desire to provide your entertainment or gratification.
I didn't know that you're a sockpuppet for SYZ? I'm not sure how else you felt a post responding to SYZ was for you.

Because the forum is a free-for-all, dipshit. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
19-09-2016, 10:14 AM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2016 10:23 AM by Tomasia.)
(19-09-2016 10:02 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Because the forum is a free-for-all, dipshit. Drinking Beverage

Ah okay, so since the forum is a free-for-all, that means you weren't just referring to me as a dipshit, but everyone on this forum as a dipshit?

Of course you weren't.

Now go back and read the exchange again with this in mind, and wipe Fatbaldhobbit's cum off your chin, you fucking lackey.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
19-09-2016, 10:32 AM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2016 03:40 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(19-09-2016 09:59 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  No more arrogant, than an atheists pointing out to a creationist that he doesn't know what he's talking about. But if someone want to make my "arrogant" ass eat his hat, the invitation is open.

Atheists pointing out to fool Creatards their utter ignorance of any relevant topic is hardly arrogance. Simply a fact. You, of course, having a favorite hobby of insulting atheists as a general group, (did they teach you this at your "prestigious" university ?) Laugh out load

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
19-09-2016, 10:34 AM
(19-09-2016 10:14 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Now go back and read the exchange again with this in mind, and wipe Fatbaldhobbit's cum off your chin, you fucking lackey.

Jebus no likey that shit.
How very Christian of you.
(No wonder you don't need a Jesus, in your one-man brand of Christianity).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
19-09-2016, 10:35 AM
(19-09-2016 10:14 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 10:02 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Because the forum is a free-for-all, dipshit. Drinking Beverage

Ah okay, so since the forum is a free-for-all, that means you weren't just referring to me as a dipshit, but everyone on this forum as a dipshit?

Of course you weren't.

Now go back and read the exchange again with this in mind, and wipe Fatbaldhobbit's cum off your chin, you fucking lackey.

If you want to have a totally private conversation, you use the PM feature. That's what it's there for.