Poll: I accept the premise that we are born believers because of evolution.
Yes.
No.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Feedback requested on a new hypothesis on the origin of atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
19-09-2016, 10:42 AM
RE: Feedback requested on a new hypothesis on the origin of atheism
(19-09-2016 10:14 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 10:02 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Because the forum is a free-for-all, dipshit. Drinking Beverage

Ah okay, so since the forum is a free-for-all, that means you weren't just referring to me as a dipshit, but everyone on this forum as a dipshit?

Of course you weren't.

Now go back and read the exchange again with this in mind, and wipe Fatbaldhobbit's cum off your chin, you fucking lackey.

I thought it was "seed", biblically speaking. Drinking Beverage

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2016, 10:44 AM
(19-09-2016 09:53 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 09:50 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  apistevism

Hmm

Thanks, FBH, a new word for me. Interesting.

I picked it up on one of Aronra's lectures. Forget which one.

Wondered what bees had to do with the subject at first glance.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
19-09-2016, 10:44 AM
I'm beginning to see a behavior pattern emerging in the aggression and/or derisive nature of our theist visitors.

(Certain notable exceptions excluded, of course.)

More chapters for my glossy-covered pop psychology book on the problems religion causes by interfering with rational thinking.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
19-09-2016, 10:46 AM
Tomasa, I would still like your explanation of the function of the heart.

I did ask fairly nicely.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
19-09-2016, 10:49 AM
(19-09-2016 10:14 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  [Now go back and read the exchange again with this in mind ...

As already noted, it's an open forum.

And, here:
(19-09-2016 09:10 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  And also let me know as an atheists...

Last I checked, plural meant "more than one". Drinking Beverage

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
19-09-2016, 10:52 AM
(19-09-2016 10:14 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 10:02 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Because the forum is a free-for-all, dipshit. Drinking Beverage

Ah okay, so since the forum is a free-for-all, that means you weren't just referring to me as a dipshit, but everyone on this forum as a dipshit?

Of course you weren't.

The hell he wasn't. It's an entrance requirement. Did you not read the sign on the door?

#sigh
19-09-2016, 10:55 AM
(19-09-2016 10:44 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I'm beginning to see a behavior pattern emerging in the aggression and/or derisive nature of our theist visitors.

At least they're starting to learn to cuss properly. So that's something at least. Hopefully they will spread the word to all their theist friends.

(19-09-2016 10:14 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Now go back and read the exchange again with this in mind, and wipe Fatbaldhobbit's cum off your chin, you fucking lackey.

#sigh
19-09-2016, 11:31 AM
(19-09-2016 10:44 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I'm beginning to see a behavior pattern emerging in the aggression and/or derisive nature of our theist visitors.

(Certain notable exceptions excluded, of course.)

More chapters for my glossy-covered pop psychology book on the problems religion causes by interfering with rational thinking.

Yes, Felicia, pop psychology.

I'm curious to hear your analysis of equivalent aggression and derisiveness among atheists, what's interfering with their rational thinking?

I also didn't know that aggression/derisiveness and rational thinking are mutually exclusive.

I guess when all you know about a person is their religious beliefs, the only thing you have to blame for there character, is their religious belief, at least for the single minded.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
19-09-2016, 12:56 PM
(19-09-2016 10:14 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Now go back and read the exchange again with this in mind, and wipe Fatbaldhobbit's cum off your chin, you fucking lackey.

Is this sort of puerile, schoolyard nonsense really the best repartee you can manage? Your own language again illustrates just how poor are your powers [sic] of logic and debate.

Ad hominems are the last resort of the intellectually bankrupt.

Dodgy

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
19-09-2016, 01:06 PM
(19-09-2016 12:56 PM)SYZ Wrote:  

Is this sort of puerile, schoolyard nonsense really the best repartee you can manage? Your own language again illustrates just how poor are your powers [sic] of logic and debate.

Ad hominems are the last resort of the intellectually bankrupt.

Dodgy

I remember that next time someone calls me dipshit, lol.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."