Feeding The Homeless Prank

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2013, 04:04 AM
Feeding The Homeless Prank
This guy does a lot of pranks and whatnot on his Youtube page. Usually they're funny for all the worst reasons, but this one was actually pretty cool. Thumbsup

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
22-01-2013, 05:22 AM
RE: Feeding The Homeless Prank
You just know that some fucktard douchebag will put a stop to it and have a fucking cry because they "impersonating a police officer".

It's really neat though.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
22-01-2013, 05:26 AM
Hah, that is pretty awesome.

[Image: opforum1.png]
22-01-2013, 05:56 AM
(22-01-2013 05:22 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You just know that some fucktard douchebag will put a stop to it and have a fucking cry because they "impersonating a police officer".

That's precisely the nature of the war taking place in the comments section. lol. Someone wants to "report him to Miami police".

I don't know the law where this guy is from, but technically speaking, he never identified as a police officer. He simply said he's a "sergent" (of what?) and that he had "undercover agents". Again, I don't know the law, but I think his careful wording keeps him in the clear.

(Could be wrong though)

22-01-2013, 06:33 AM
(22-01-2013 05:22 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You just know that some fucktard douchebag will put a stop to it and have a fucking cry because they "impersonating a police officer".

It's really neat though.
he said he had some undercover agents, he didn't say what kind of agents.
22-01-2013, 06:41 AM
So if someone wanted to feed me if I was homeless, I would certainly be happy and hungry for a free meal.

I might not be so happy that my sorry plight was being turned into entertainment for the masses.

Why not just personally go over there and buy them a fucking meal?

Ah well, in other countries there are vids of the homeless being set on fire in the name of entertainment.... there are worse things to complain about, I guess.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
22-01-2013, 06:53 AM
(22-01-2013 06:41 AM)DLJ Wrote:  So if someone wanted to feed me if I was homeless, I would certainly be happy and hungry for a free meal.

I might not be so happy that my sorry plight was being turned into entertainment for the masses.

Why not just personally go over there and buy them a fucking meal?

Ah well, in other countries there are vids of the homeless being set on fire in the name of entertainment.... there are worse things to complain about, I guess.
I think you misunderstand his intentions.

There isn't really a prank here. At most, there is some mild confusion as to why they're being given pizza. By the reactions of the instigators, however, the real motive is to do something nice for others, then stick around to watch them enjoy it.

The elaborate setup (phone calls, fake identity, etc.) is meerly to keep in trend with his usual, prankster antics. It's what we expect from him - prank calls and confused "victims". But overall, the point is to use those antics for good and see the resulting happiness in people's faces.

22-01-2013, 08:54 AM
(22-01-2013 06:53 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  ...
I think you misunderstand his intentions.

No misunderstanding. I'm just not too impressed by anyone who seeks to gain (financially, publicity, notoriety etc.) at the expense of others.

If he asked their (the dinners) permission to use the material, then I have no real problem with it. But I still think it more honourable just to buy them a meal (with no cameras).

Similarly, I had a pretty low opinion of Tony Blair but he leapt up in my estimation after my sister (a Director, at the time, of the London Ambulance Service) told me that he had visited the victims of the London bombings of 7/7/05 (usually a good photo opportunity) and had refused to allow the press to be there and in fact had visited in secret so the press didn't even know he had been to the hospitals.

Don't bite me, I'm just saying how I feel. Blush

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
22-01-2013, 09:23 AM
As with most of the things he does, I think it's more about sharing than gaining. In this particular case, sharing the rewards of doing something good for others.

[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
22-01-2013, 10:59 AM
I see your point DLJ, but I'm thinking this might inspire some other would-be pranksters into feeding the homeless. I this case I think the cameras are a good thing. Still, I agree, it would be best if he got their permission. From a legal standpoint I think he is within his rights to film people in public and put in on YouTube though. I saw no ads so I'd assume he isn't directly profiting from it.