Feel free to read this…Its quite long ;)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2014, 01:33 PM
Feel free to read this…Its quite long ;)
don't think religious people are assholes due to many of my best friends being religious. I DO hate the belief though.

Now, before ANYONE says this, I DO not hate God because I cannot hate what I do not think is real. But, I do hate the idea of him and his morality. Lets be honest here…the things he said in the old testament, which is still very valid today according to many Catholics and Christians. "“Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill" (Matt (Matt 5:17)

He does condone slavery, the killing of gay people, children, women, and just about everything else in the book of leviticus.

On gays… "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." Leviticus 20:13 and another one that is similar in leviticus 18:22.

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10) Kinda harsh.

"From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces." (2 Kings 2:23-24) Not very fair…or nice

Like…according to religious people who abide by what Jesus said in the new testament HAVE to then go by what this says in order to be a good Christian or catholic. THIS is the teaching of jesus while ironically teaching love, compassion, and acceptance which is clearly not true anymore

You don't have to read it all. I just commented it because if you have any free time, go nuts!

I kept commenting because I was bored.

Have fun!

My name is Darius by the way Wink
Comments:

Eden Campbell no evidence of a god that cares/loves?
Exodus 34:6 "The LORD, the LORD, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness"
just so u know, exodus comes before Leviticus. I'm not trying to be a bible thumper but u have such strong opinions and like to vocalize them, but have taken them in the wrong context. I'm not here to tell u to convert to Christianity, or any religion. But I plead u to read the bible for urself, find a paster/leader/elder, whatever that can fully answer ur questions. Again I will admit that there is hypocrisy in the world, and yes that means "Christians" or whomever are susceptible to it, people are Imperfect so what... Don't hold what they have done against the bible, or a god(if there is one, I have no solid proof that would "open ur eyes")
actually study, and answer ur misunderstandings, don't just bitch about them, and expect god to show up at ur front door
January 7 roundabouts 7:19in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family I have studied this for a long time and have read it many times.

Let me tell you this, I don't care how nice you say you are but when you condemn children, gays women, men, or just about anyone to death, that cancels everything you have said out. "Oh, god resurrected a few people from the dead? Thats nice, but according to your bible he killed many more people than he "Saved". Please, if i am interpreting these wrong, please correct them for me, or your pastor/priest. And if you do re-interpret them then you have the incredible job of drawing the line between interpretation and actual "fact" in the bible. If I ever have kids, I would hate for them to learn about this in school.

As a side note, you say ti comes before leviticus…What does that even prove? If anything, it just says he condemns gays AFTER he said he is a loving god. It proves nothing.

"Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces." (2 Kings 2:23-24)

"If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her." Deuteronomy 22:28-29

thin the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife. Deuteronomy 22:23-24
January 7 roundabouts 7:35in the evenin' · Arr!

Eden Campbell And not tru anymore? I think the bible is just a tad older then u. There is some crazy violent stuff in the bible, however, ironically, not as violent at satanists or many people have done to others. As for evidence in the world,... Ever look at a sunset? Ever hear a baby's first cry? Ever fully witness the joy of a child's laughter? Ever look into the sky and try to count the stars? Ever hear how Hughes they are? Ever notice how when things come really down the the science god is actually impossible because very thing is too complicated to go from a big bang to the complex cells and even conception on its own is amazing, 2 cells meet and then within 9 months ur holding a human being, one that started from only 2 has grown to billions, "all because of a Big Bang, and cause were all essentially dirt" in school they teach u that humans and chimpanzees are 98.6% alike, the truth is its actually closer to 96%, and each human shares 99.9% and that we share 50% of our DNA, to bananas... I think if we evolved it was obviously from bananas
January 7 roundabouts 7:35in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15)

This one is interesting because it is the same section as the one you quoted. Very nice.
January 7 roundabouts 7:35in the evenin' · Arr!

Eden Campbell Yes and.... It also says fathers don't temp your children
January 7 roundabouts 7:36in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Eden Campbell He does not condemn them... That's what ur not getting, he hates all sin, but loves his children more, hence Jesus
January 7 roundabouts 7:37in the evenin' via mobile · Arr! · 1

Eden Campbell Many of those laws in the Old Testament are laws that are more easy to understand if u understand the context... It was normal to have public hangings...
January 7 roundabouts 7:38in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Eden Campbell The whole point of every single law is, if unloved god, then u love your neighbor, therefor u don't do any of this and don't have to get stoned to death or killed... If u were living before Christ, but were actually in 2014 now, and when people get raped the law takes care of that, the bible says to always obey authority because he has placed it above u, however if authority goes against god, then the obvious is to obey god... Well if that's what u believe
January 7 roundabouts 7:41in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Eden Campbell Lol if u love god*
January 7 roundabouts 7:41in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Eden Campbell My thought, is that much of the Old Testament is what hell is
January 7 roundabouts 7:47in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family Is that after or before exodus? Apparently that matters.. Or maybe it means "unless they hit you"

That last comment you said on the universe is quote sad.

You think that because you find beauty in a baby's first cry (try dealing with that for 3 years, you'll be pulling your hair out), because you can't count all the stars (try counting blades of grass too!)

You are wrong about the big bang. We did NOT go from the big bang to "complex" cells. We went from the big band to rather simple cells which evolved due to natural selection because the ones that could NOT adapt did you evolve or "breed". It took 14.5 billion years for us to get here, and 9 month pregnancy is rather new compared to 14.5 billion years and proves nothing. Point being is that natural selection took the species (amoebas back then) and they slowly evolved ever so slowly. Its NOT random, its just survival and the weak species CAN NOT survive therefore cannot breed therefore cannot breed the type of species that CANNOT survive WHILST the other species evolving SLOWLY through Micro evolution DO adapt and do live and EVENTUALLY we get to where we are. Read that in a science book.

Please correct me if I am wrong but did you just say from 2 came billions? It does NOT work that way. One day there was NOT just 2 human beings. There were thousands of apes that were slowly evolving and when they give birth to their offspring, that is a GRADUAL (to the point where you can barely notice) moving forward in evolution.
January 7 roundabouts 7:47in the evenin' · Arr!

Eden Campbell Explain why human lost their hair, their ability to swing on trees, our muscles are nothing compared to many "evolved" animals... And even the great apes
January 7 roundabouts 7:49in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Eden Campbell Wrong, wrong wrong, ur evolution is wrong and cracks me up... We all have a common ancestor, we didn't evolve to them... It's like wolves and dogs if anything
January 7 roundabouts 7:51in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Eden Campbell See I study evolution and the bible
January 7 roundabouts 7:51in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family Natural selection. We have homes, therefore don't need warmth of hair, we don't swing in trees any more.

Apes are slowly getting extinct, so they are not that great. Theres some natural selection

Of course we have a common ancestor, but that does not mean we are apes, because apes DONT have tails but this is coming from Richard Dawkins who is the guy that is the front man of Darwinism/Evolution.
January 7 roundabouts 7:52in the evenin' · Arr!

Peter Cudmore Actually I have a good explanation for the evolution bit. A great Ted talk from a noted researcher worth watching. http://www.ted.com/.../suzana_herculano_...t_is_so...

Suzana Herculano-Houzel: What is so special about the human brain? | Video on TED.com
http://www.ted.com
The human brain is puzzling -- it is curiously large given the size of our bodie...(tharr be more)
Peer into the depths
January 7 roundabouts 7:53in the evenin' via mobile · Arr! · Remove Preview

Eden Campbell Lol their only going extinct because people are pushing them out
January 7 roundabouts 7:54in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family NATURAL selection. They cannot survive. How do you think these creatures died? Do you think they just dropped dead? We are the apex predator and they are not therefore the "fittest", thus, we can wipe them out (horrible, I know).
January 7 roundabouts 7:58in the evenin' · Edited · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family And what does us sharing 50% DNA to bananas have to do with proving god? It proves evolution
January 7 roundabouts 7:56in the evenin' · Arr!

Eden Campbell I just have to say how she goes on about nothing for a while....and that the human brain is randomly special... No help, just there. And not really, it can also prove that genesis was tru in saying god made Adam from dust of the ground, and made eve from him
January 7 roundabouts 8:01in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Eden Campbell Let me ask u something really simple... Does an object move unless acted apon? No, why would dirt?
January 7 roundabouts 8:02in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family Okay, you do not seriously think (or even slightly accept the fact) that Adam and Eve were real?
January 7 roundabouts 8:02in the evenin' · Arr! · 1

Eden Campbell If only the fittest survive, what messed up in jelly fish?
January 7 roundabouts 8:02in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Eden Campbell Idk....
January 7 roundabouts 8:03in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family Im afraid I do NOT understand that question.

Peter Cudmore, love that video! Ive seen that before and I'm currently watching it again! Thank you
January 7 roundabouts 8:03in the evenin' · Arr!

Eden Campbell I can tell u that I believe with my whole heart and body that there is a loving god, when a year ago I used to give him the middle finger daily
January 7 roundabouts 8:03in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family Well, thats nice and all, but it does not prove anything. A small child believes with all his/her heart that the tooth fairy is real.
January 7 roundabouts 8:04in the evenin' · Arr! · 1

Eden Campbell Their so majestic, I love them, but their98% water... That's useless
January 7 roundabouts 8:05in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Eden Campbell If their lied to

Eden Campbell Same with Santa, and then their heart breaks and they move on... I told u can't prove anything

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family Jelly Fish are doing okay. I have said this many times with other people.

http://www.richarddawkins.net/.../jellyf...ng-over...

RDFRS: Jellyfish taking over oceans, experts warn
http://www.richarddawkins.net
The sun is shining, you're rolling in the waves, showing off the toned torso...(tharr be more)
Peer into the depths
January 7 roundabouts 8:05in the evenin' · Arr! · Remove Preview

Eden Campbell Tiered doing way too ok
January 7 roundabouts 8:06in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Eden Campbell Their
January 7 roundabouts 8:06in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family To say its useless is quite ignorant. The world is over 70% water…so… Is there a problem with being that majority?

http://www.cnn.com/.../travel/jellyfish-...er-oceans/

Another source in case you think the other one is bias

Jellyfish taking over oceans, experts warn
edition.cnn.com
Due to changing water temperatures and overfishing, the gelatinous beasts are proliferating faster than ever before.
January 7 roundabouts 8:07in the evenin' · Arr! · Remove Preview

Eden Campbell Yes when humans are selfish enough to say that they evolved therefore they should dominate, and kill whatever they think is needed
January 7 roundabouts 8:08in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family What does that have to do with anything?

The point is that science has gaps it is working on and WILL figure out just like it has done with many other things, but just because it does not know yet, that does not = GOD. That gives us more problems, more questions, and an infinite cycle of "where did that god come from?"
January 7 roundabouts 8:10in the evenin' · Arr!

Eden Campbell That's my only question really... What made him. And how come when u point out random thins from the bible it's ok but when I make an attack at people it's not ok
January 7 roundabouts 8:20in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family When you make an attack on peoples? Well, I am going to assume you mean attacking people, if not, correct me.

Its perfectly fine for you to attack people, but only their beliefs. I would never say to you "Eden, you are pathetic for believing in god/bible". I would never say that nor do I mean it. I can, however, take your religious doctrine and pick things out to prove your religion is very immoral and redundant today. I have NEVER commented on somebody else pro religion Facebook post and would only do so if it was demeaning to someone. An example of this would be the bible says homosexuals should be put to death" or any of the other things I mentioned above and says they are okay. Well, I will NOT attack him/her because she is religious, I will attack because I am sticking up for my fellow man and that is ALWAYS above any type of belief or religious morality and wherever the argument goes from there is just like a river.
January 7 roundabouts 8:30in the evenin' · Arr! · 1

Eden Campbell See the only problem with that... Is ur missing the whole point, all u see is that. Instead of seeing that that's how Jews felt at that time... How is it ok to attack people on their beliefs? That's the opposite of what I stand for... How many Christians, tell me. Count them. Want to kill homosexuals, verses the amount that don't care.
January 7 roundabouts 8:47in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Eden Campbell It's not our duty to judge...
January 7 roundabouts 8:48in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Eden Campbell I will say this once more, god hates the sin, not the person, he's a god of love
January 7 roundabouts 8:50in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Victoria St Michael HAHAHAHAHAHA
The fact that this debate even happens… ever… makes me chuckle. Do people know what common sense is anymore or? Do people still pay attention in science class? Is that a thing? I don't even know.
See, if you support the whole "love the sinner, hate the sin" idea then I don't see why you have such a problem with Darius. He literally has that EXACT way of thinking when it comes to religion. He disagrees with the religion, but he does not personally attack the person because of it. He genuinely enjoys the discussion and, unless the other person takes it seriously, he does not let it hinder his relationship with the person. It's like, "love the person, hate the religion" …Same concept. And if it can't go both ways then that's hypocritical to the max.
Then again, it's that way for lots of things. Religious people can speak up whenever they want because it's their "Christian right". They can comment on OUR posts that did not specifically target THEM or judge them as people. We NEVER seek them out and comment on their posts if they post a religious photo or quote. You guys have billboards and propaganda EVERYWHERE. Why is it not okay both ways around? Religion gets in the way of things that should not involve religion… Public school systems (I had to say the lord's prayer every morning for years and we almost weren't allowed to learn about evolution AT ALL in high school), politics, the justice system, etc.
That's just my thought process when it comes to these things. I don't condemn anyone because of their beliefs, or try to change them and to be frank I've given up on trying to talk about it. The whole thing is just ridiculous.
There are, however, a lot more teachings of hate and prejudice in the bible than there are teachings of "love". I was brought up in a Christian household. I read the bible twice (once when I was young because it was a necessity in our household and once when I decided to turn to atheism so I would understand WHY I was doing it), and that was exactly what initially turned me against religion. There are enough contradictions to spend DAYS talking about… My whole family is Christian and I love them to pieces, but we will never agree on that subject. That's just the way of things.
January 7 roundabouts 9:11in the evenin' · Edited · Arr! · 1

Eden Campbell And I respect u for ur opinion, Ty, however without religion, this is actually a study from antropology, there is actual social and political unrest, no matter what religion. Unfortunately, if there are contradictions, ur reading the bible in the wrong context, ever heard of hermeneutics? Is comparing what he bible means then and now. If u think u understand it, and much of life at a young age u have much to look forward too. Wen the bible says build a parapet around your roof, it doesn't mean u should do it now, it means make sure ur neighbor is safe, and doesn't fall off ur roof. It's that simple, get a concordance, and read the real bible, in its original language, Greek.
January 7 roundabouts 9:15in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Eden Campbell As for the billboards and such, last time I checked, people have been wanting to take "god keep our land" out of the national anthem, there more songs about killing, smoking, drinking then god
January 7 roundabouts 9:17in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Victoria St Michael That doesn't mean the propaganda doesn't exist... because I assure you, it does. Someone put ONE ATHEIST BILLBOARD up in Times Square NYC and literal political officials have stepped up and tried to have it taken down. Look it up. Like, I'm sure these guys have plenty of things to do being... you know... important political figures... besides target and abuse this one guy because of one billboard when there are DOZENS of Christian ones EVERYWHERE. Which they did.

Yes, there definitely would be unrest. People turn to religion because it comforts them and gives them something to be a part of... we can't just take that away from people. HOWEVER, there is not enough separation of religion and state... even in Canada. And that separation is required by law. But guess what? The people who enforce the law are mostly (gasp) religious! Hence why there is still no separation.
January 7 roundabouts 9:26in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family That anthropological study is utterly full of crap. Show me a reliable source and please don't forget about Uganda, which one of the most heavily religious areas in the world. The violence there is brutal and immoral. In the US, the south is the most religious and yet teen pregnancy, crime, murder, etc is the highest there. The bible is REDUNDANT today. The fact that you said "read it in its original language…Greek" means nothing and I assume you have read it in Greek yourself?

You have literally just admitted that it is redundant to the present day. Why would we go by the teaching of bronze age peasants who lived in a desert and probably hallucinated a man walking on water? Its absurd, ridiculous and again, redundant.
January 7 roundabouts 9:26in the evenin' · Arr!

Eden Campbell Politics? Really? The most unstable, environment where it's built on lying and cheating to get further up in ur career...
January 7 roundabouts 9:28in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family Just like religion^
January 7 roundabouts 9:28in the evenin' · Arr!

Eden Campbell Except the fact that historical facts other then the bible, still prove it right
January 7 roundabouts 9:29in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Eden Campbell How is that like religion?
January 7 roundabouts 9:29in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family And that last part isn't even politics, thats dog eat dog culture which western based culture
January 7 roundabouts 9:29in the evenin' · Arr!

Eden Campbell Which isn't even Christian, it's like saying racism is Christian, and ur stupid excuse of god hating homosexuals... Like at least use something a little more solid?
January 7 roundabouts 9:31in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Victoria St Michael Oh I certainly agree. I don't vote, actually. Politicians all suck, let's be real. BUT. Regardless of whether it sucks or not, politicians have the money and they run the country. It would be nice to have a little less bias. If you don't think there's religious bias in politics then you need to check yourself. You know who else has a lot of money and unjust influence? The Catholic Church! Ohhh boy.
January 7 roundabouts 9:31in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family Religion has lied, killed, stolen and cheated so it can stay in power. Hiding and protecting pedophile priests, (the catholic church in the Vatican has been doing that for years!). There is no backing the existence of Jesus' divinity nor are there any first hand account of his existence except for MANY years after the so called events. He is nowhere to be found in ANY historical records except the bible (which gets many of its facts wrong, and itself, is historically inaccurate due to it falsely citing history).

Stupid excuse of god hating homosexuals? Are you kidding?
January 7 roundabouts 9:33in the evenin' · Arr!

Eden Campbell Oh yes I know.... I personally, and growing up in a Christian home, this is what they believe religion is a recipe for disaster, it's spirituality. I personally hate the Catholic Church, don't get me started lol
January 7 roundabouts 9:33in the evenin' via mobile · Arr! · 1

Eden Campbell So has the rest of the world what's ur point?
January 7 roundabouts 9:33in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Eden Campbell U really need to spend time in history, it's fascinating
January 7 roundabouts 9:34in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Victoria St Michael The bible outright says, in multiple verses, that homosexuals *MUST* be put to death. There are seven of such verses in the bible. Seven. How is that not solid? Why is gay marriage even an issue? Take a wild guess. I fail to see how that isn't a solid argument.
January 7 roundabouts 9:34in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family Define the rest of the world. Religion is at the top of the list on starting wars over the dumbest things.

I have spent many days reading books, I think you should. You are the one who thinks we did NOT come from apes. I think you need to pick up a science book before you go to me and accuse me of not reading. I have probably read more into the bible than you have and have probably read into science, physics and quantum theory a lot more than you have
January 7 roundabouts 9:36in the evenin' · Arr!

Eden Campbell Darius I must point out that u tagged cudmore in this, for what purpose? It's really neither his business, or I doubt he can even say much due to he can't tell anyone what to think, and he's one of my teachers so, it's actually highly inappropriate that's u would take him in something he didn't HaVe to be in
January 7 roundabouts 9:36in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Eden Campbell Multiple verses?! Quote plz
January 7 roundabouts 9:37in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Eden Campbell And even then, on top of his verses, he clearly states its not us that is supposed to be doing the killing
January 7 roundabouts 9:38in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Eden Campbell Or the judging
January 7 roundabouts 9:38in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Eden Campbell I feel bad for u guys that u have taken the bible so wrongly, it's quite the opposite
January 7 roundabouts 9:39in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family I did not tag him in it to get him involved, I tagged him to say thank you for the link after he willfully stepped in to comment on the Brain with his TED talk link.

So its okay for them to be killed? Who does the killing then? Please enlighten me on WHO kills the homosexuals.
January 7 roundabouts 9:39in the evenin' · Arr! · 1

Eden Campbell Did I say it was ok? Darius ur worse at jumping to conclusions, and weird ones at that, then a fricken offend girl. I said no has the right
January 7 roundabouts 9:41in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Eden Campbell God isn't even kill them
January 7 roundabouts 9:41in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family No, you said he clearly states we don't have the right to judge or kill them but says they should be put to death, so tell me, who kills them?
January 7 roundabouts 9:42in the evenin' · Arr! · 1

Eden Campbell So tell me? Am I god? No, go ask him... See u attack random people with ur little questions, man up and ask someone whose gonna give u a straight answer
January 7 roundabouts 9:44in the evenin' via mobile · Arr! · 1

Victoria St Michael Please, don't feel bad for me. I'm doing perfectly well without the bible. I'm a good, kind person, I have good morals and I don't need an outdated, hypocritical, contradictory book to tell me the difference between right and wrong Thanks anyway though! Also, I found a website with the verses on them but I can't copy and paste on my phone. Gimme a minute!
January 7 roundabouts 9:44in the evenin' via mobile · Arr! · 1

Eden Campbell Like I told u, I can't even prove there IS a go, so take ur little questions, and read the bible without being to narrow minded
January 7 roundabouts 9:44in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Victoria St Michael Did you just......... accuse.... us? Of being narrow minded? Hahahahaha k. That's a knee slapper
January 7 roundabouts 9:45in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Eden Campbell If u can't see, that god accepts more then he condemns, ur narrow minded...
January 7 roundabouts 9:47in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family I did not have to because I have seen professor Lawrence Krauss, Professor Richard Dawkins, and Christopher Hitchens asks these questions and they don't say anything. One of the biggest religious spokesman is William Lane Craig and he admits it, but because he is human, he is not going to say "WE should kill them". So I am asking you, who apparently knows a lot about the bible and accuses me of being narrow-minded and not interpreting anything right…WHO is responsible for killing homosexuals if it says so 7 times in your bible.
January 7 roundabouts 9:47in the evenin' · Arr!

Eden Campbell No one is... There is no killing. It just means hell, which is eternity without god... That's all it's Trying to say.
January 7 roundabouts 9:49in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Victoria St Michael Seriously? That's hilarious. Are you one of those people who nitpicks all the good stuff out of the bible (and yes, there are good things too) and turns a blind eye to the oodles of prejudice or? I sincerely hope not.
January 7 roundabouts 9:50in the evenin' via mobile · Arr! · 1

Eden Campbell I do find it funny that u AND ur gf have to come fight me off... ill comment to what u have to say later, good night
January 7 roundabouts 9:50in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Eden Campbell Oh no I like reading the gooey things, revelation is good for weird beasts
January 7 roundabouts 9:51in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Victoria St Michael I'm not fighting I just saw the comments and was interested in the topic at hand. Like I said earlier, we are not "fighting" YOU just because we disagree... in fact, we arem't fighting. We're discussing. As I said earlier. or did you turn a blind eye to all that too?
January 7 roundabouts 9:52in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family I cannot believe you just said that… God condemns you if you work on the damn Sabbath. THAT is in the bible and it says you should be put to death. So, again you are wrong and do NOT even know your own bible OR what your god says because you are a cherry picker you finds versus in the bible which SOUND nice and say "thats my religion and its fair". THATS naive and narrow-minded and from a rationale point of view, I don't care how "nice" you say you are, if you have killed people based on their religious beliefs, whether they are gay or lesbian, whether they work on the Sabbath, or if they have committed adultery…then you are not a nice person and you are most definitely not a merciful person.

We are not fighting you, just your religion, as we said before. Your religion in all honesty, and rationality…suck. They suck from a moral point of view as well.

I think YOU take the bible to seriously and finds metaphors from "homosexuals should be put to death" when they are not even there. If you can find the metaphor, I will apologize.
January 7 roundabouts 9:54in the evenin' · Arr!

Victoria St Michael “Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." —Leviticus 18:22

“A woman must not wear men’s clothing, nor a man wear women’s clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.” —Deuteronomy 22:5

“Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men,” —1 Corinthians 6:9

“We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality…” —1 Timonthy 1:9&10

"God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion" (Rom 1:26-27).

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

There you go I think I should clarify… I didn't mean multiple verses explicitly saying they should be put to death. That was my bad, I didn't clarify. I meant verses condemning homosexuals in general… Which there are clearly plenty. I think Darius posted a couple more, as well. I'm finished here
Again, I am not fighting you or anything like that. Yes, I disagree, but I am just having a discussion and do not judge you for what you believe. I'd say I hope you wouldn't do the same, but you've already called me narrow-minded so that goes out the window. Good night!
January 7 roundabouts 10:07in the evenin' · Arr! · 1

Jerret Whalen I love when people argue about religion, its funny cause when we die we rot in the ground, nothing more. Just like every other person, regardless of what they believe in. Religion is not an excuse for idiocracy and ignorance.
January 8 roundabouts 12:58in the mornin' · Go back on yer likin' · 4

Eden Campbell So u realize that all these verses are the law? The law of the time? Which I've already said, unless you use hermeneutics, u won't get it... If u take everything in the bible literal, it gets confusing, and u end up in circles like you two are doing. And once again I will say, the bible says that ur sin doesn't matter, it's the heart of the person. And u are right these are some controversial verses, I find the clothing verse has more of a backbone then the homosexuality, but there are many many many laws saying, don't cut ur hair, men, don't cut ur beards, women should have a head covering when coming into a church. But that doesn't mean if u allow these ur any closer to god, in fact, if u two have read the bible u would know this, but Jesus came so that people stopped paying attention to the rules, and just loved other people.... Cause that's the whole point, god doesn't care about these laws....
January 8 roundabouts 6:06in the mornin' via mobile · Arr! · 1

Victoria St Michael "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household." - Matthew 10:34-36

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

Hmm… Awkward… Apparently all laws are to be abided by until the end of humanity. Jesus said so. It's funny how you people take all the good stuff out of the bible all proudly and then take the bad stuff and dismiss it by saying "oh, it's a metaphor. it's all just a metaphor." haha. Also the thing about the Old Testament being irrelevant… Clearly it isn't, as it says above. Plus there is nowhere IN the bible that says it's irrelevant, and if it's god's word then humans definitely have no right to determine what's irrelevant and what isn't. Especially since Jesus just said it isn't, and I've heard many Christians SAY it isn't… Oh well. The thing about this topic is that no one is ever going to agree, or change their mind, and that was originally what I came here to say actually. Anyway, I gotta go to work and go on with my sadly unenlightened life and everything. So it was nice to meet you Again. I wasn't "fighting you off" or whatever it is you said, I was just discussing.
January 8 roundabouts 8:46in the mornin' · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family I think I will just continue fighting with my dark, sinful, and hateful soul.
January 8 roundabouts 1:34in the evenin' · Arr!

Jordan Caton peace
January 8 roundabouts 3:01in the evenin' via mobile · Go back on yer likin' · 1

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family Love
January 8 roundabouts 3:01in the evenin' · Arr!

Eden Campbell Lol thank u for using Matthew, and it's not even all metaphors, god shows his wrath through the bible, that's the point of fearing god, it's a type of respect, but also a realization that humans are weak and fragile. Mathew 5:17 is actually one of my pastors fav verses, cause he came to fulfill, not what u think I have said. All the things your trying to prove me wrong with have already been said by me and Darius, or are completely off topic, like when did I say the Old Testament is irrelevant? U kinda need the creation story to go along with the rest of the bible. It seems to me ur trying to fight me off cause u both are saying the same things, quoting the same verses, that's what makes me think u have no idea what ur talking about, get some really good verses, that for someone whose read the bible twice they can't be hard to find. this is the last post, actual questions I don't mind, but I will tell u again, if u love god, u will love your neighbor, therefor all laws will come naturally, and if god forbid u actually decide to open the bible someday, read the verses on forgiveness, how god doesn't care what you've done, just that u have a tru heart. Now I'm gonna say that again cause I wonder if u two actually read the whole paragraph....god forgives all, and it does NOT matter what you have done. Being gay doesn't prevent u from going to heaven anymore then looking at someone with lustful thoughts.... No difference, once again.... It's not what Youve done that matters too god, but that u care to change.
January 8 roundabouts 9:14in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Victoria St Michael Hahahaha okay. Now you're just getting rude. Please do not insult my intelligence, because if you seriously believe in something that has NO evidence whatsoever and do not understand how completely absurd you sound, then I have a few things to say about you as well. You're getting disrespectful and offensive, the telltale sign that you have nothing of substance to say. You have not been asking ANY questions, you've simply been reiterating over and over your blind faith and using THE BIBLE to prove that the bible is real. Sorry, doesn't work that way. Also, you told me that when Jesus came all the other laws went to shit… I found not one but 2 verses (and I didn't read the previous comments so I'm sorry if Darius mentioned them already) directly refuting that. Now, come back to me when "god forbid you actually decide to open up a freaking elementary school textbook". At least then you'll have some actual proof to go off of besides blind faith. Have a nice day
January 8 roundabouts 9:24in the evenin' · Edited · Arr!

Victoria St Michael ALSO- you did say that the old testament is irrelevant… You said that when Jesus came then all the other rules didn't matter anymore. Everything before Jesus came (you should know this) is referred to as the old testament… And by saying that the old testament's rules do not apply anymore, you're saying it's irrelevant. I'm sorry if my choice of diction was above your comprehension.
January 8 roundabouts 9:29in the evenin' · Arr!

Victoria St Michael Nothing you're saying is proving your point. At all. See, the thing about siding with science is that you have cold hard facts to prove your theories… You have the bible and your blind faith. And that's totally cool! I'm not going to judge you for that! But please, do not insult my intelligence. The term "you're interpreting the bible wrong' is a complete cop-out. Who are you to decide which things are metaphors and which aren't? I know plenty of Christians who take those verses quite literally… Because that is the way they interpreted it! The bible is a piece of literature. One of the many merits of literature is that it can be interpreted many ways. It's not up to you to decide which is the right way. I will not try to change your mind and I don't think any less of you for believing what you believe, I simply do not and I am using hard fact to explain to you WHY I do not. If you'd like me to go on about the theory of evolution, the proof behind it, and why I think it sounds more plausible than creationism then I'd be happy to do so… But if you didn't comprehend what I meant by "irrelevancy" then I'm not sure there would be any point.
January 8 roundabouts 9:35in the evenin' · Arr!

Eden Campbell Ahahaha ok, that's because I have to say things so many times before u understand it, that ya u get confused, I've said at least 5 times how its not the rules it's the heart, obviously the rules ,after, but ur so caught up in them I'm trying to show u the real way... And elementary? Never even came up actually, evolution is relatively new to the school system so I've only started learning real stuff about it in school in grade 11 and 12... Also, I'm not claiming to even read any of that... U claim uve read the bible yet still know very little, obviously I'm going to test u. And even if u had made an honest mistake cause u didn't know or something I'd be nice about it, but u come in throwing verses at me and being more of a bible thumper then many Christians... U should expect retaliation if your going to talk about a field u know little about.
January 8 roundabouts 9:35in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Eden Campbell Lol neither is urs... U just think it is, that's why my last post was going to be my last, because u won't realize how blind u are till u see for urself, and I do hope it's not when we die, but if it is, we'll I feel sorry for u
January 8 roundabouts 9:36in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Eden Campbell Good day... I've got better things to do
January 8 roundabouts 9:39in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Victoria St Michael My theories (or Darwin's or any other influential scientists) aren't plausible?? Hahahahaha. Okay. YOU should expect retaliation if you're***** going to talk about a field YOU know nothing about. You clearly didn't pay attention in grade 11 and 12 if you don't see the evidence behind evolution and that although we were able to refute quite a few of Darwin's theories, no one has been able to refute that particular one. The thing is, evolution can be blown out of the water in the blink of an eye… as soon as someone finds a fossil or ruins from ancient life in the wrong geographical location, bam. We're wrong. The thing is, that hasn't happened. What evidence, what cold hard fact do you have that proves the creationist theory? Good luck with that. As soon as it's proven, perhaps I'll change my mind. You go ahead and feel sorry for me because it won't matter when we're both dead in the ground. I don't feel sorry for you because like I said, I'm not one to judge. I grew up in a christian household… of course I'm knowledgeable on the bible. What kind of idiot goes into a debate with no clue what they're talking about? No one. I went to church every sunday when I was little, I went to sunday school, my mother read me bible stories and things like that before bed. I didn't realize I even opposed religion until I was 15-16 and actually read the bible for myself. So again, please do not insult my intelligence.
January 8 roundabouts 9:43in the evenin' · Arr!

Eden Campbell Like I said, I can't prove anything... It's not something u can sit down and do calculations on... U just need to open up your eyes and soul... And sorry I didn't know grammar and spelling mattered on fb... This isn't an essay is it? "Open an elementary book" ...basically, what ur trying to say, is u have no more evidence than I do
January 8 roundabouts 9:47in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Victoria St Michael Would you like me to list the heaps evidence I have? Would you like me to explain in detail the longitudinal studies that were undertaken to prove these theories? I'd love to. Evolution was my favourite unit. I got a 90. I researched it for fun. I have tons of evidence I could show you.
January 8 roundabouts 9:49in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family Eden, you said ask questions, so here I am. You claim that I pull out the same 6-7 verses on homosexuality….

So here,

-How many verses in the bible does it take to prove it is homophobic?

-Where is the line between metaphorical and literal in the bible? Do you know? If so, tell me!

-If you do not know, what if the verse (which you have not presented me with yet) you are talking about that says it matters on the persons heart, is in fact, a metaphor. How does god define "good" in the bible? Clearly he defines good by all these rules, commandments, and laws.

-You say you have to fear god, does that not define a tyrannical? Would you fear you parents to get on there good side?

-You said god meant "hell" for homosexuals in a comment above…Is that not cruel? Is that because they are living in sin? You said homosexuals go to hell, so in your eyes, whats the line between going to hell and not going to hell? If you don't believe you said that here is the conversation.

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family: "...WHO is responsible for killing homosexuals if it says so 7 times in your bible."

Eden Campbell: "No one is... There is no killing. It just means hell, which is eternity without god... That's all it's Trying to say."

Thats it for now. If can't answer even one of these with proof, you are narrow minded, naive, gullible, and obviously have no idea WHAT you are talking about.

You also said you studied evolution but now say you have not studied evolution very much in grade 11 and 12. Yet you don't know that we came from apes? (our common ancestor was an ape and the definition of what an Ape is, is a primate that lacks a tail).

You do have better things to do and that is to read the bible, Origin Of Species, and a textbook on biology/science.
January 8 roundabouts 10:01in the evenin' · Arr!

Daniel Berardi Religious or not, the Bible is something you need to read. It is one of the quintessential thing that has shaped the world into what it is today.
January 9 roundabouts 7:32in the mornin' · Arr! · 2

Victoria St Michael ^truth
January 9 roundabouts 11:49in the mornin' via mobile · Arr! · 1

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family Truth indeed. Look how terrible the world is
January 9 roundabouts 3:42in the evenin' · Arr!

Victoria St Michael It's not all bad There is beauty, too.
January 9 roundabouts 3:55in the evenin' via mobile · Arr! · 1

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family Thats what we see…but we always forget about other sections (religious sections) of the world. Feel me?
January 9 roundabouts 3:56in the evenin' · Arr!

Kelsea Elliott The world is terrible. I agree with Darus. Humanity is gone to hell. But what we choose to do and what god wants us to do. R two different things... laws have changed guys.... we can't kill like before. Or act upon thinags the same because the gvt changed it. It Was a sin to be gay then. That's where evolution steps in the world changes everyday. And so do laws. If u need proof. I suggest watching heaven is for real in April. If you do not care to watch it... theres a book also.
January 9 roundabouts 4:15in the evenin' via mobile · Arr! · 1

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family It is indeed better than before no doubt. Our morals have indeed gotten better for western culture…Places like Iran, Uganda, and other places killing is something that is okay if the victim
is a women going out of her place, or if the victim is gay.

This guy speaks about that exact book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wFaP9duFZU

Atheists, there is PROOF of Heaven!
http://www.youtube.com
Atheists, there is PROOF of Heaven! Hemant Mehta (http://www.friendlyatheist.com/) Join the conversation. Leave your questions and comments below and we'll tr...
January 9 roundabouts 4:19in the evenin' · Arr! · Remove Preview

Kelsea Elliott That's Muslim religion they have a different god.
January 9 roundabouts 4:22in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Kelsea Elliott *believe
January 9 roundabouts 4:22in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family He was speaking of the same book by Colton Burpo
January 9 roundabouts 4:24in the evenin' · Arr!

Kelsea Elliott That's the thing. Personality people take the book on different levels. What I'm saying is for u to read the forty pages yourself then have a opinion. U want proof. It's there. And Muslims have different beliefs than Christians yes we all look up to the * god . But they do have different laws and commitments in their religion that we do not. So with that said they do. Kill over there. It's normal.
January 9 roundabouts 4:28in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family Well, with all due respect, Uganda is one of the most Christian countries in the world. Hence the laws against gay people.

Many of the verses I have quoted above show the violence in the Jesus based religion. Its quite violent.
January 9 roundabouts 4:31in the evenin' · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family As for proof, thats debatable because the fact we all see the same thing in "heaven" just means we all have the same view of heaven. And we do. Harps, clouds, angels, rainbows, etc. And for some reason they are seeing similar things. Why do we never see the books on people going to hell? Why do we also see books based on Allah and Mohammed? Im not calling anyone a liar because they probably do believe they went to heaven.
January 9 roundabouts 4:34in the evenin' · Arr!

Eden Campbell Uganda is also politically unstable... Canada and the US are FOUNDED on Christianity, many many laws... But times are changing, maybe some for good, like the gay rights, and others that allow young people to destroy their lives without knowing. Ad Darius, yes, we are such a horribly violent people, when was the last time a Christian blew up a building... And even then, that's because people take their Bible the WRoNg WAY, and what exactly is Dante's inferno then? There may be other ways these people share their stories? Different cultures don't always write stories and legends down. If ur want books of after times, revelation is good
January 9 roundabouts 6:50in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Eden Campbell And Darius do u even read what I write down? IT'S NOT THE SIN THAT GOD IS CONCERNED WITH, YES HE HATES IT, BUT HE'D RATHER HAVE A GAY OR WHATEVER IN HEAVEN THEN TO C THEM GO TO HELL. HE'LL IS NOT HIS GOAL.
January 9 roundabouts 6:52in the evenin' via mobile · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family US is not founded on Christianity, it was founded on secularism. The founding fathers were DEISTS and tried their best to make sure they could separate Church and State. WHERE you heard it was a Christian nation is something I am trying to comprehend. Read about American History and you will find out. The US constitution has no appeal to God, Christianity, or Jesus anywhere in it. Like I said, many of the founding fathers were Deists, go look that word up. Benjamin Franklin was an Atheist and Washington never went to communion.

You still did not answer any of my questions after you said you would so it shows you know nothing on the bible.

How do you get to hell? Hitler was, by definition a good person by his people because he tried to save Germany from a failed Economy. Is he a good person? He had good intentions, does that mean HE goes to heaven?

How do YOU define gods love? Do you go by what your pastor says? If so, how do you know he is right because you have like 20 other branches of Christianity that cannot agree on HOW to interpret the bible. ALSO, what defines your heart as good? YOU cannot define it, only your apparent good can and considering the evidence, it says he clearly has no tolerance, and he is probably homophobic, racist, sexist, jealous, and chaotic. You think I take terms such as leviticus 20:10 out of context yet it is a direct order…You take quotes and YOU take them literally. YOU are hypocritical and therefore have no argument to base anything off of.

You said before, and I quote; No one is... There is no killing. It just means hell, which is eternity without god... That's all it's Trying to say."

This was on Leviticus 20:10 when I asked who kills the homosexuals if people don't?

Is all sin seen as the same? If so, is murder worse than homosexuality? If it isn't, where does it say where the line is? Your bible is an irrelevant book with no meaning whatsoever.

Another thing, Uganda IS politically unstable, but it does NOT make it any less Christian. PEOPLE are killing in the name of god because they are reading your religious doctrine. WHICH, by the way was presented to them by the British, which IS a Christian country. What a coincidence.

What does different cultures have to do with the bible? The bible is supposed to be a first hand account of Jesus' divinity and yet you are giving the possibility somebody wrote it down wrong? If he wasn't divine and had no contact with god, your whole story collapses and Jesus' turns out to be some guy preaching. By the way, he also says if you love your family more than him, you don't deserve to go to heaven. So much for family values
January 9 roundabouts 11:58in the evenin' · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family You have changed ALL your positions and facts at least 3 times in this thread. WHERE do you stand?
January 9 roundabouts 11:58in the evenin' · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family I think Ross McKinnon would agree
January 10 roundabouts 12:10in the mornin' · Arr!

Victoria St Michael Gotta love the circular arguments of Christian people. Or I guess in this case, all over the place, constantly contradicting and changing position of arguments. No one is going to agree, no one is going to convert or admit they're wrong... What's the point of arguing at this point? It's gone from a debate to just an argument.
January 10 roundabouts 12:14in the mornin' · Arr!

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family Well, for every comment she makes she has contradicted herself...
January 10 roundabouts 12:15in the mornin' · Arr! · 1

Eden Campbell U finally got something right tho Darius.... Sin is all the same in gods eyes... Doesn't matter what u do, he still loves u. When did I even say the nine was wrong? I'm sitting here trying to show u how much of it has already been proven right. He doesn't even say that, like I want to retaliate but it's like arguing with someone in a different language, ur not reading or interpreting what I'm writing down so what's the point? If u have a legit question then ask it, ur just making stupid little attacks at god cause ur not happy with ur life, or whatever ur problem is... Julius ceaser is out of date... Lots of history is out of date, doesn't make it irrelevant. Darius, I'd like to c u actually come up with an issue in the bible that actually makes since, tht u haven't googled lol... Like your arguments are more pathetic then mine, and I have no "proof"
'bout 18 turn o' yer hourglass ago via mobile · Arr!

Eden Campbell Bible*

Eden Campbell FYI, I have never ever changed my opinion during this argument, I have merely had to say things a million ways so u would understand it... But yet still doesn't read it and get it so u come back with the same argument, and even weaker evidence then before...

Eden Campbell Just because u can't understand the words coming out of my much, and ur heart is hardend towards it, doesn't mean I'm contradicting myself... It means u have low self esteem

Sarah Sweeney
Sarah Sweeney's portrait.
'bout 18 turn o' yer hourglass ago via mobile · Arr! · 4

Sarah Sweeney Just for arguments sake seeing as your at 125 comments and don't have any signs of stopping... Dude you don't believe in it and that's cool. But to come on a public site and challenge believers in what you may call a "debate" but I call "bored and wanting to see people be reactive on the internet." If you have all these debates, walk your ass down to the nearest church and challenge the 50 some people that are in it, not over Facebook where the rest of us don't care. I'm not a believer eather, so I don't waste my time reading a book I disagree with, and then starting a 125 comment streak on my status. Please stop the madness.
Sincerely,
Someone who's sick of all these debates!
'bout 18 turn o' yer hourglass ago via mobile · Arr! · 1

Eden Campbell Amen! Lol I'm out

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family Did you just I am not happy with my life? How dare you. That is just rude and probably the biggest assumption you could ever make

I have been asking you this whole time to tell me how to interpret it right. You keep saying I'm wrong yet you don't tell me what the "real" interpretation is. I don't EXPECT you to do such a thing because not even theologians can agree HOW to interpret it. What makes you think YOUR interpretation is right? Another branch of Christianity says my interpretation is correct, and another says its wrong, and 5 more have 5 different other interpretations.

I have not googled. I have plenty of books by great minds such as Daniel Dennet, Lawrence Krauss, Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, and Christopher Hitchens, YOU get YOUR facts from one book written by bronze age peasants who thought the world was flat and believed people lived in whales. Thats in YOUR bible.

We can prove Julius Caesar, we can prove HISTORY. We cannot prove the bible as many of its historical claims about people just simple are not true and any ancient historian will tell you so. I don't give a crap WHO believes the bible, but I do have problems when people are ignorant to evidence and just say "well I don't know so god did it". Of course I will challenge it. Most of all, I really only really fight homophobia, as it is a HUGE issue in the world right with its roots being religion.

Also, you are the one who actually thinks the US was founded a Christian nation which is simply not true. This is funny because every claim you make, I have disproved with logic and evidence yet you just leave it and change the subject. You probably don't know anything about the bible except for what your pastor says which in my opinion, is ignorant. It is ignorant because you get your information from one book, and a pastor. My proof is many books, historical evidence, and the bible itself to prove its wrong. Your book has many contradictions which really just shows its redundancy in the world. I have NEVER said that we should ban religion or you should not believe, but if it comforts you, whatever, nobody can tell you different. It does NOT mean the information in it is right. Being comforted is a great thing but it does not PROVE the validity of fatal claims.

Also, you just said I have low self esteem? What the hell does that even mean? HOW do I have low self esteem? Now you are just turning this into an emotional argument with no backing whatsoever. Who are YOU to tell me I am unhappy with my life or have low self esteem? You know what I think? I think you have nothing else to say because you know your claims are the equivalent of me saying I am superman. You know you are wrong so now you are just being and treating me like I have a problem.

I have proved my point a million times and all you have to say is "you are interpreting it wrong" like YOU have the authority to interpret it correctly and better than other religions. THAT is just narcissistic.
'bout 13 turn o' yer hourglass ago · Arr! · 1

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family Sarah Sweeney, with all due respect you, I DO comment for the fun of discussion and debate. Whether people are mature about it or not. I am not FORCING you to read this, you can hide my posts or simply delete me. I am not FORCING you to have me as a friend.

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family Honestly Eden, the SECOND you started speaking out of emotion just proves to everyone you lost this argument. I honestly knew you lost after you said "I was interpreting it wrong" for the 50th time.

Alex Patrois You can't pick and chose what YOU want to believe, if you believe in any part of the bible you need to take the whole thing with you, if you can't commit to that, don't commit to any of it
'bout 13 turn o' yer hourglass ago via mobile · Arr! · 2

Darius Of-The Moghaddam-Family Precisely. Eden, I trust you are a VERY moral person and could probably know reason and morality without the bible… And if not…then thats quite a scary thought.

I assume you are a smart person to know reason and rationality. I know for a fact you would be fine if you never "found Jesus"
'bout 13 turn o' yer hourglass ago · Arr!

Victoria St Michael Eden, you are just being rude and hateful, arguing in circles and all over the place.. again... and when people get like that it's usually a sign that you have nothing of substance to say. So please, please just grow up and be polite or go away if you have nothing of intelligence to discuss.

This is a public website, people can post what they want. It's so funny because it's only ever religious people who get angry. Having grown up in a Christian household, I have many facebook friends who like to post psalms or scripture or even beautiful images depicting the bible... and I never have anything nasty to say. Either does Darius, or anyone else who has a shred of respect. It's called freedom of speech. Yes, you can retaliate, but if you can't do it in a polite manner then just do us all a favour and delete him... or at least keep your mouth shut.

You have no right to assume that anyone is unhappy with their lives or has low self esteem. Honestly. You can discuss and debate, but deeply personal remarks as such are completely inappropriate. Like I said earlier, I have a plethora of things I could say about you right now but I won't because I have this little mechanism in my brain called common sense... Good night.
'bout 13 turn o' yer hourglass ago via mobile · Go back on yer likin' · 1

Alex Patrois Fair weather Christian afraid of the unknown
'bout 13 turn o' yer hourglass ago via mobile · Arr!

Alex Patrois Classic "how dare you quote the bible and make it look stupid..by it's only stupidity" secondly lols at how it's. "Christians" who get the angriest and rudest
'bout 13 turn o' yer hourglass ago via mobile · Arr!

Hope Adler Stepping into here cuz I love religious debates

I'm a pagan but grew up orthodox Jewish with a pair of grandparents who were in the Catholic Church as a nun and a priest and my grandfather grew up in the Vatican.

He can even attest there is so much wrong doing in the catholic church and saw t first hand. He doesn't preach anymore but he is a marriage counsellor now and my grandmother works for the Toronto catholic school board who allows teachers to teach. They both saw how the church was corrupted and kept jobs in their religious fields but removed themselves as apart of the church itself.

I think it is wrong to tell someone god isn't real or anything. I don't think god is real but hear me out

I believe everyone makes their own god in their head. They have a sense of comfort in it, it's their own way of dealing with things. Sometimes they project it horribly wrong (i.e Westboro baptist church) but I think so long as you do not preach ignorance or hate there's nothing wrong with believing in what you want.

Spirituality is a thing, something's DO happen on earth without a practical or plausible reason but I don't think it's any god doing it. Earth is still changing and we don't understand everything about it. We don't know what happens when we die. We don't even know how to cure a common cold. There's so many things still happening.

It'll take a few more centuries until people have been exposed to the real corruption of the church. It's spread to politics which is wrong. Religion is what rules the world more than people think and it needs to stop. Religion should be a personal thing. Not a way to control the economy or countries or people.

(Ps satanism isn't that bad their commandments are better than the bibles
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2014, 01:35 PM
RE: Feel free to read this…Its quite long ;)
TL;DR: TL;DR.

If we're all made of the same atoms and energy the rest of the universe is comprised of, then we too are parts of the universe. This leads us to the entertainment which is debate. The best part is where the universe, having come into consciousness, cannot agree on how it came to be in the first place. Laughat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Logisch's post