Feel like severing my connection

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2014, 08:55 PM
Feel like severing my connection
I've been having trouble with the thought, and feeling, that I desire to sever all connections with my friends and acquaintances, to become a loner of sorts.

I can figure many drawbacks and many advantages, and for few drawbacks, there are certainly many advantages (such as working harder and more often on school work).

Come to think of it, I've never really liked many people in general. I tend to focus more on the worst traits that reside within my fellow man, while focussing little on the good.

If someone ever says something that strikes me as idiotic, I will repeat it over and over again in my head, reliving the moment in which I was embarrassed for them. These things that people have said haunt me every single moment of my life (along with my own mistakes), and I just want to remove them from my mind.

I feel as if I want to cease talking, as if I want to cease my social life.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2014, 09:02 PM
RE: Feel like severing my connection
(21-04-2014 08:55 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  I've been having trouble with the thought, and feeling, that I desire to sever all connections with my friends and acquaintances, to become a loner of sorts.

I can figure many drawbacks and many advantages, and for few drawbacks, there are certainly many advantages (such as working harder and more often on school work).

Come to think of it, I've never really liked many people in general. I tend to focus more on the worst traits that reside within my fellow man, while focussing little on the good.

If someone ever says something that strikes me as idiotic, I will repeat it over and over again in my head, reliving the moment in which I was embarrassed for them. These things that people have said haunt me every single moment of my life (along with my own mistakes), and I just want to remove them from my mind.

I feel as if I want to cease talking, as if I want to cease my social life.

Maybe you just need some new friends? Big Grin

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
21-04-2014, 09:36 PM
Do it. I ran away fom a bad situation as a boy. The result was my never needing anyone. My life has followed my course. And I only assosciate with those I choose.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
22-04-2014, 01:05 PM
Rehashing things keep you dwelling on the past, yet you are living in the present moment. Ditching those thoughts can be difficult but I've learned to treat those voices like a wayward child and tell it to sit in the corner, that I'll deal with it later and of course, later never comes.
22-04-2014, 02:09 PM
The fact that you relive the bad/stupid comments people make over and over and over again worries me a bit.

Have you seen a doctor about this? Might be a disorder, it doesn't sound right....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
22-04-2014, 06:20 PM
(22-04-2014 02:09 PM)Dom Wrote:  The fact that you relive the bad/stupid comments people make over and over and over again worries me a bit.

Have you seen a doctor about this? Might be a disorder, it doesn't sound right....

I'm pretty sure this very thing runs within my family, as we tend to dwell on the negatives of most things, the things that cause most anxiety whether it be socially or physically motivated.
23-04-2014, 01:01 AM
I have no intention at all to encourage you to sever you connections and ties with others.

Yet I kinda agree with you when you said you felt like doing it. If you are able to tell those around that you want to withdraw for a brief time, I think that sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Reasonable because there is a psychiatrical therapy easing the pain from anxiety and depression, which is call the Morita Therapy. In it, a person lies on a bed in a quite room, with no phone conversations, few visitors, no entertainment and no medication. It lasts for 7 - 14 days, during which time the disturbance in the mind gradually wears out from lack of stimuli, and the love of live slowly regenerates.

Get better, you will.

[Image: bee3ef62gw1ef7zax9i91g201e01eq2z.gif]

Want something? Then do something.
23-04-2014, 01:02 AM
(22-04-2014 06:20 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  
(22-04-2014 02:09 PM)Dom Wrote:  The fact that you relive the bad/stupid comments people make over and over and over again worries me a bit.

I'm pretty sure this very thing runs within my family, as we tend to dwell on the negatives of most things, the things that cause most anxiety whether it be socially or physically motivated.

Then a few pills will be what is commonly adminstered and necessary.

Want something? Then do something.
23-04-2014, 02:27 AM
Yes, focus more on yourself and try to change your perspective. People tend to lean on others to gain confidence but being alone and building one's own character takes real work.

Maybe you're an introvert, or maybe you need to recalibrate your thoughts, who knows? Only you do Smile
24-04-2014, 11:57 AM
Yeah, get some new friends. but if you have some unhealthy obsessions about people's shortcomings, maybe you should go get that checked out. you shouldn't care so much about stupid people. fuck them.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."- Albert Einstein.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Steven Hawking
[+] 1 user Likes elconquistador's post