Feeling Useless

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2014, 04:07 PM
RE: Feeling Useless
(10-03-2014 04:00 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 03:59 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Seems like you want a lot. Not everybody is capable of doing what einstein did. In fact very few are.

Dats why I said Darwin.Laugh out load But on a serious note I want to help people with the joys of science. Only thing I can do right is debunk creationist claims, but what good is that?Dodgy

You can become a teacher in school.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2014, 05:22 PM
I'm sure the people who know you irl can give a better list than just one thing you're good at doing. Give yourself some time. Smile And get hugs. You're not useless! <3
12-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Try this:

Write down a number (10 should suffice) of stories from your life when you did something because it was fun, interesting or challenging for you (that means you did it because you wanted to do it, not somebody else).

Then analyze each story as to what skills you used. After that look for the 5 skills you used the most. Chances those skills will ones you are especially good at.

Next make a list of the 5 topics / areas of interest / hobbies you like the most.

When you those two lists, talk to 5 people, to get an idea what types of jobs would fit you interests and skills.

Pick 3 different jobs / fields of work and find people who work in those areas. Talk to them to get an idea of what it is like to do it on a daily basis.

If you find nothing that you find interesting, repeat the last two steps.

Finally, finding a job that suits you is a process of trial and error. That means every job is ultimately a set of trade-offs. Factors I would consider are:
- Work content (Do you like at least some off it? Because if not Frusty )
- Career Options (In the firm, the industry, does the name of the company give you options when changing employers or does it kill them?)
- Workplace Atmosphere (colleagues, supervisors etc.)
- Opportunities for growth and development (if you realize on entry that you are the smartest person in the room something is wrong (unless of course you are a genius Yes )
- And yes money

"Newton's third law: The only way humans have ever figured out of getting somewhere is to leave something behind." - TARS, Interstellar
"Newtons drittes Gesetz: Der einzige Weg wie Menschen irgendwo hin kommen, ist der dass sie etwas zurücklassen." - TARS, Interstellar
12-03-2014, 07:41 PM
(12-03-2014 07:36 PM)therealJim Wrote:  Try this:

Write down a number (10 should suffice) of stories from your life when you did something because it was fun, interesting or challenging for you (that means you did it because you wanted to do it, not somebody else).

Then analyze each story as to what skills you used. After that look for the 5 skills you used the most. Chances those skills will ones you are especially good at.

Next make a list of the 5 topics / areas of interest / hobbies you like the most.

When you those two lists, talk to 5 people, to get an idea what types of jobs would fit you interests and skills.

Pick 3 different jobs / fields of work and find people who work in those areas. Talk to them to get an idea of what it is like to do it on a daily basis.

If you find nothing that you find interesting, repeat the last two steps.

Finally, finding a job that suits you is a process of trial and error. That means every job is ultimately a set of trade-offs. Factors I would consider are:
- Work content (Do you like at least some off it? Because if not Frusty )
- Career Options (In the firm, the industry, does the name of the company give you options when changing employers or does it kill them?)
- Workplace Atmosphere (colleagues, supervisors etc.)
- Opportunities for growth and development (if you realize on entry that you are the smartest person in the room something is wrong (unless of course you are a genius Yes )
- And yes money

Well I love zoology,cladistic, MMA(trying to learn capoeria) evolution, and genetics.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
12-03-2014, 08:05 PM
(12-03-2014 07:41 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Well I love zoology,cladistic, MMA(trying to learn capoeria) evolution, and genetics.

I once studied the relationship between different Rhododendron species using a molecular biology approach. PCR, sequencing, computer analysis and stuff.

If you are in university, you can try a animal genetics program like that.

Want something? Then do something.
12-03-2014, 08:07 PM
(12-03-2014 08:05 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 07:41 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Well I love zoology,cladistic, MMA(trying to learn capoeria) evolution, and genetics.

I once studied the relationship between different Rhododendron species using a molecular biology approach. PCR, sequencing, computer analysis and stuff.

If you are in university, you can try a animal genetics program like that.

Still in highschool. I am really going for evolutionary biology. Studying the relationships and evolution of both extinct and extant fauna.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと