Feeling a bit low recently

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2017, 04:11 AM
Feeling a bit low recently
[Note: nothing of a severe nature, just me being a pillock I think]

So the past few weeks, I've been not in best of moods, and it's slowly getting worse I think. I've come to see this as a sign of depression, as I've dealt with it before. I have a meeting with my doctor next month, and have my med's to keep me going, so should be fine I think.

I've got a lot of stuff on my plate at the moment, (work/family etc), along with issues coming up that cause me to stress out a bit [My grandmother has had a massive relapse of her own mental health issues recently] but the straw that broke the camels back, and really just sent me down stream into this, is Chris Cornell passing away. I know that sounds a bit silly, but this is the first singer or anybody famous to pass away that has hit me really hard. He was a big part of my life, with his music influencing me and helping me through some tough times of my own as a teen/more recently.

Fairly sure I need to get over myself a bit in that respect, as I've lost loved ones in the past and felt just as bad, which is not the same really in comparison to a person whose music I like.

I don't know, just needed a minor vent that's all.

TL ; DR - I'm being garbage at the moment.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like OakTree500's post
23-05-2017, 07:16 AM
RE: Feeling a bit low recently
Hug I'm sorry to hear about your grandma and that you are going through a hard time right now.

It sounds like you are being proactive about dealing with everything that's going on (by seeing your doctor) which is a good thing. That said, I think it is quite normal to feel overwhelmed by life sometimes. You just got to ride it out like a wave. I know easier said than done, but in the meantime focus on your yoga that you've been doing, throw in some breathing exercises, and maybe try some meditation to help quiet the static in your mind. Lean on your family and friends. Come on here to blow off steam. Be gentle with yourself. Take a walk in the woods. If you can, take a day off from work to unplug for a bit. Do some activities you enjoy to try and take your mind off things. I know these things aren't an end all fix, but they may help soften life's blows a bit until you can see your doctor.

I've felt sad as a fan at the loss of musicians/actors as well. The last one for me was Prince. I love his music and whenever I was having a bad day, I would crank up his music and dance around my house like a crazy person and it would always put me in a better mood.

I don't think there's anything wrong with feeling a sense of sadness over the loss of a person in the entertainment industry. It's still a loss, it's still sad. We can still grieve over people we don't know personally. Through their art and music, we bring them into our homes, and in some cases, we grow up with them and they are there with us at important times in our lives through their music and art. Sometimes, we associate them with family members. For example, my dad was a huge Billy Joel fan and whenever I hear his music it makes me think of my dad.

Anyway, we are all here for you if you ever need a friend to talk to *hugs*
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
23-05-2017, 07:28 AM
Cheers JennyBee.

Yoga + Meditation are the way to go, they really helped me during the bad patches before an they will help me again as well.

The musician one just really got me, as even when people like Bowie/Prince passed away last year, two people I highly respect and love some their music, this one really got to me. Maybe it was because of the more "relative" nature of his music being intertwined with my teenage years and other troubled times, but it's a bit hit, and still is almost a week later.

I'll get over it, just needed a minor vent. I'm very lucky to have a good support network in my family, so I'll be fine I expect.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
23-05-2017, 07:34 AM
(23-05-2017 07:28 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Cheers JennyBee.

Yoga + Meditation are the way to go, they really helped me during the bad patches before an they will help me again as well.

The musician one just really got me, as even when people like Bowie/Prince passed away last year, two people I highly respect and love some their music, this one really got to me. Maybe it was because of the more "relative" nature of his music being intertwined with my teenage years and other troubled times, but it's a bit hit, and still is almost a week later.

I'll get over it, just needed a minor vent. I'm very lucky to have a good support network in my family, so I'll be fine I expect.

Hug good, I'm glad you have a support system in place. Still, more hugs anyway. Smile
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
23-05-2017, 08:19 AM
Hug

I think there's something in the weather these days, making things unusually sucky!

It's okay to grieve the loss of an artist you loved! Allow yourself to be sad about that. Sadness is a part of life and it's good to let yourself feel it.

Depression is a miserable state! Try to get as much off your plate as possible.
And don't worry. It gets better. Hang in there until your doctors appointment, then you can work with your doctor on making a plan for how to proceed in getting you healthy. And we're all here for you Smile We care!

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
[+] 2 users Like LadyDay's post
23-05-2017, 08:24 AM
Hug

Thanks Lady, I do appreciate it.

23-05-2017, 08:40 AM
I was really upset when Carrie Fisher passed...she was a huge inspiration to me. It felt like a part of my childhood had died.

It's perfectly fine to grieve, heck I think it's normal, for someone you may not have known but still played a role in your life.

Hugs to you Hug

Keep your chin up.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
23-05-2017, 08:53 AM
Cheers Loom Smile Hug

23-05-2017, 09:16 AM
Best wishes. Hope the depression bugbear doesn't grip you long. Depression sucks.
[+] 2 users Like big green mouth's post
23-05-2017, 09:19 AM
Cheers Green.

Think I'll be good, I have a good understanding of what's what these days, just all of lifes garbage getting on top of me and dragging me down a bit. I'll probably be the complete opposite this time next week, just gotta ride it out.

[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post