Feeling a bit low recently

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2017, 10:52 AM
RE: Feeling a bit low recently
I'm sorry to hear what you're going through Heart I think it's great that you are sharing it, and that you have a positive attitude. Sometimes it's just a matter of waiting out bad days, getting through them however you can.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Robvalue's post
23-05-2017, 11:17 PM
Hug

you're not alone. it will pass soon. Just like Robvalue said "Sometimes it's just a matter of waiting out bad days, getting through them however you can" Hug
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like TheUnholy's post
24-05-2017, 02:35 AM
Cheer Holy and Rob, feeling a bit more "alright" today, after about 2 weeks of feeling a bit meh. Felt like I needed to just talk about it, even if nobody is listening lol. Seemed to have helped some what anyway.

Thank you all Smile Hug

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
12-06-2017, 05:27 AM
Brief update:

Hit the doctors today. keeping my meds on the same dosage, but also giving me beta-blockers to fend off the "tense" feelings I'm constantly having. Otherwise I'm in good health Smile

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
12-06-2017, 05:40 AM
(12-06-2017 05:27 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Brief update:

Hit the doctors today. keeping my meds on the same dosage, but also giving me beta-blockers to fend off the "tense" feelings I'm constantly having. Otherwise I'm in good health Smile

I'm glad you are doing better. *hugs*
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
12-06-2017, 05:47 AM
Sorry to hear you've been feeling low, Oak. Stay strong, my friend, stay strong.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
12-06-2017, 05:53 AM
Cheers guys!

It's just been an "up and Down" sort of ride recently. Few things had me down, and that passed, and more recently I've just been really "Tense" and struggling to maintain my calm, especially in public places with lots of people.

Hopefully the beta blockers might help me with that, and we'll see what happens Smile

12-06-2017, 06:23 AM
(12-06-2017 05:53 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Cheers guys!

It's just been an "up and Down" sort of ride recently. Few things had me down, and that passed, and more recently I've just been really "Tense" and struggling to maintain my calm, especially in public places with lots of people.

Hopefully the beta blockers might help me with that, and we'll see what happens Smile

I know you practice yoga too, have you tried pranayama (breathing techniques) and meditation? They have been extremely helpful to me anyway. The best way to incorporate them into a daily practice I've found, is to do your asana (yoga) then add some breathing techniques then meditation. But you can really do it any way that works best for you. For me, tenseness comes from an overactive mind and overactive stimulation, not being able to tune that out. Meditation and breathing techniques help quiet things down and with practice, you can be in better control of your emotions, instead of the other way around. This has been my experience anyway. Just might be something to add into your yoga.
12-06-2017, 07:10 AM
I do meditate, when I have chance, not as regularly as I would like though. And although I haven't looked into specific teniques, I do attempt to take a few minutes and slow my breathing down when I can. In fact, doing that was the only thing stopping me going into "total meltdown" over the weekend. I will look that up though, thank you Smile

12-06-2017, 07:17 AM
(12-06-2017 07:10 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I do meditate, when I have chance, not as regularly as I would like though. And although I haven't looked into specific teniques, I do attempt to take a few minutes and slow my breathing down when I can. In fact, doing that was the only thing stopping me going into "total meltdown" over the weekend. I will look that up though, thank you Smile

There are a ton of yogic breathing techniques. The one I usually recommend for newbies is box breathing. Inhale to a count of 4 (or longer if that works for you), hold for a count of 4, exhale count of 4, hold count of 4. I usually do it for a couple of minutes, so it gives your body a chance to calm down and get into a relaxed state.