Feeling a bit low recently

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2018, 01:34 PM
RE: Feeling a bit low recently

Sorry thought a little humor might help. I've had severe anxiety throughout my entire life so I kind of know what you are going through. Stay strong buddy, things can and will get better.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze

[Image: uj9MSSa.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
02-01-2018, 01:46 PM
(02-01-2018 03:56 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  My news years resolution has been to not go back on the meds for my anxiety issues, as I've been off them now for 3 months. But it looks like that might have to be a promise I have to break already. ... I came off the meds back in September, after my Anxiety seemed to be getting worse. ... Once I got it all out of my system, I genuinely felt a lot better. At least less "robotic" as, in my experience, you feel less "yourself" when you're on this stuff. ... because I don't want to be this "robot" person again when back on the meds,

Before I comment further and make an ass out of myself, what were the meds?

Oh, and I can give you this, you big goofball. Smile

[Image: 73cgPF4.jpg]

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem. - Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-01-2018, 02:00 PM
(02-01-2018 01:34 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Sorry thought a little humor might help. I've had severe anxiety throughout my entire life so I kind of know what you are going through. Stay strong buddy, things can and will get better.

So this is apropos in that I am not at all sure it is a good idea for the diseased OakTree to do it all by his self without a trained arborist on site. I'm serious when I say I'm really not sure if it's a good idea or not, this is the Oakster's call. I've tried it with and without supervision and I can do it better all by myself. But I'm a professional who's been doing this for 4 decades now. ... God be with you, brother. Let me know if I can help. ... And you need to think hard before you try this at home. Smile

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-01-2018, 02:09 PM
And this. I can give you this. Smile

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-01-2018, 02:58 AM
Laugh out load Thanks J-dogg

(02-01-2018 01:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Before I comment further and make an ass out of myself, what were the meds?

I was formerly on Sertraline, which is an Anti-depressant but also used to reduce panic-attacks and a whole bunch of other stuff. I was also given beta-blockers, as this would slow down my heart rate to also reduce panic attacks/anxiety. (That's what I was told it does anyway)

I was also informed that the only other medications available in the UK for a similar type of thing are some form of sedative, which apparently the health service here try to avoid if possible.

Update: Haven't been able to get in touch with my local doctors as of yet, so will try again today.

I'm training for a 10K run, read about it in my blog :
Lost In Pace - A Running Blog
04-01-2018, 03:30 AM
Update: Finally managed to get through to my local Doctors. Can't get in until Saturday morning.

Despite the constant panic I'm in, I'm still going to work and trying to function "as normal". Hopefully that will help me in some way. I am finding it very hard to concentrate, and am dropping things/sending emails to wrong people/can't really read all that much at the moment, so that sucks a little bit.

I'm training for a 10K run, read about it in my blog :
Lost In Pace - A Running Blog
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
04-01-2018, 03:47 AM
Hug

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
04-01-2018, 04:52 PM
(02-01-2018 03:56 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  My news years resolution has been to not go back on the meds for my anxiety issues, as I've been off them now for 3 months. But it looks like that might have to be a promise I have to break already.

I came off the meds back in September, after my Anxiety seemed to be getting worse. Whilst I still had good days/bad days, it was mostly bad days leading up to me having a minor meltdown on the weekend, before all starting again on the Monday. Once I got it all out of my system, I genuinely felt a lot better. At least less "robotic" as, in my experience, you feel less "yourself" when you're on this stuff. The only plus side was I could concentrate a lot more, when having a decent day/week. So feeling more like an actual person, I was happy for a bit. And then it started again.

Generally, I kept myself going with the idea of not going back on them before the end of the year, just to prove something to myself I think, but with the holiday season in full swing/my minor debts/work pressures and all sorts of other things kicking in, it's all proven a bit too much and the past few days in particular, I've really struggled to not completely lose it. So much so I had to leave the house for a a few hours recently, just to get away from the noise of my home/family, because it was making me very tense.

Work has been stressful, (no stressful than any other job I expect), but I'm finding it hard to concentrate due to all of this, and it's getting to me so much so, that I can't even read a book, which is something I enjoy doing a lot.

Some "incidents" have happened also, where people have gotten either in my face or expected me to do something by antagonizing me purposefully , and I've not done anything: A) because I'm not that kind of guy, but also B) because I'm genuinely terrified. Either way, these things add to my overthinking of things, because I'm the son of a "well respected man", who would happily beat the shit out of people [back in the day] and I kinda of feel like i'm not representing him/letting the family down, by proxy. Of course I know that's all bullshit, but it's there in my mind and I can't seem to drop it.

I realize now that I've just been hiding a lot of this stuff, from myself/my family, because I don't want to be this "robot" person again when back on the meds, but in all honesty, for now, it may be whats best for me and those around me. I think it may be time to throw in the towel and head to see a therapist also

Please don't view seeing a therapist as "throwing in the towel". No
There is no one anywhere ever who couldn't benefit from some kind of help at some point. Would you not call for help if you were drowning?

Have you talked with your doctor about adjusting your medications? Consider

[Image: B0zZfoQCYAEr0AK.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
04-01-2018, 05:01 PM

(04-01-2018 03:30 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Update: Finally managed to get through to my local Doctors. Can't get in until Saturday morning.

Despite the constant panic I'm in, I'm still going to work and trying to function "as normal". Hopefully that will help me in some way. I am finding it very hard to concentrate, and am dropping things/sending emails to wrong people/can't really read all that much at the moment, so that sucks a little bit.

Hugs OT, I'm so proud of you for getting help Smile Just a few more days to make it through and you have all of us for support every step of the way.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
04-01-2018, 05:43 PM
I was shocked, when I heard, myself. Soundgarden was up in my Top 5 throughout my High School years, and beyond. It's not silly to miss Chris!! Hug

Glad to hear you got in touch with yo Doctor man. Just hang in there till Saturday! Flex Iz only day-&-a-morning away!

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post