Feeling a bit low recently

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2018, 10:42 AM
RE: Feeling a bit low recently
Update:

Been on the meds a week, and am no better. It can take 2-4 weeks for it to get into your system, so up until then I'm struggling on. Some days are better than others, but really having a hard time at the moment.

I've been sat at work today quietly loosing it, and don't want to leave work as I don't want to take time off, (in case I don't get paid) or for people to think any less of me. Plus I've not been signed off, so to just up an leave looks even worse, in my mind at least.

Money has been a massive thing for me as well, being generally out of pocket as it is with debts, and more so due to Christmas. I'm hoping that's done in June/July, but the closer it gets the more agitated i'm getting. On top of that I'm really not enjoying my work at the moment, and if I leave, I won't get this supposed bonus in june/july time, and I'll be paying it for another year. Had a long conversation with my wife about it last night, who now hates me because I've broken the bad news that we can't afford any of the shit we're doing this year, and that we might have to cancel it.

I'm just sat here unable to concentrate which effects my work, (can't read a book at the moment for the same reason) . I'm stressed out to the eye-balls, worrying about work/money/family stuff and I have no idea what the hell I'm doing with myself.

Fucking hell, my head hurts at the moment.

God never finds you at a good time. You’re never sittin’ courtside at a Knicks game gettin’ a hand job from Halle Berry, God shows up. “Ah, she strokes a good dick, don’t she? I made her! I made your dick, too. Enjoy the game!” - Chris Rock
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
15-01-2018, 10:54 AM
(15-01-2018 10:42 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Update:

Been on the meds a week, and am no better. It can take 2-4 weeks for it to get into your system, so up until then I'm struggling on. Some days are better than others, but really having a hard time at the moment.

I've been sat at work today quietly loosing it, and don't want to leave work as I don't want to take time off, (in case I don't get paid) or for people to think any less of me. Plus I've not been signed off, so to just up an leave looks even worse, in my mind at least.

Money has been a massive thing for me as well, being generally out of pocket as it is with debts, and more so due to Christmas. I'm hoping that's done in June/July, but the closer it gets the more agitated i'm getting. On top of that I'm really not enjoying my work at the moment, and if I leave, I won't get this supposed bonus in june/july time, and I'll be paying it for another year. Had a long conversation with my wife about it last night, who now hates me because I've broken the bad news that we can't afford any of the shit we're doing this year, and that we might have to cancel it.

I'm just sat here unable to concentrate which effects my work, (can't read a book at the moment for the same reason) . I'm stressed out to the eye-balls, worrying about work/money/family stuff and I have no idea what the hell I'm doing with myself.

*hugs* I think it might help to just take things in pieces, just day by day. Don't look too far into the future because I think that is adding to your stress and anxiety.

Is it possible to get a loan from your parents or a close friend just to take some of the pressure off? If not, where else can you tighten up to save just even a little extra to pay down some of the debts. If you are renting, is it possible to move to a cheaper apartment? Do you need to drive every day to work or can you take public transportation to save on gas? Is there any way to tighten up the grocery bill? Go to a neighborhood park and have a family picnic for example instead of doing things that cost money when spending time together as a family, etc. What about a gofundme site? People have done them on here before.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
15-01-2018, 11:04 AM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2018 11:07 AM by OakTree500.)
Edit: never mind, I'm just moaning now. I just need to boil me head or something.

God never finds you at a good time. You’re never sittin’ courtside at a Knicks game gettin’ a hand job from Halle Berry, God shows up. “Ah, she strokes a good dick, don’t she? I made her! I made your dick, too. Enjoy the game!” - Chris Rock
15-01-2018, 11:13 AM
(15-01-2018 11:04 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(15-01-2018 10:54 AM)jennybee Wrote:  *hugs* I think it might help to just take things in pieces, just day by day. Don't look too far into the future because I think that is adding to your stress and anxiety.

Is it possible to get a loan from your parents or a close friend just to take some of the pressure off? If not, where else can you tighten up to save just even a little extra to pay down some of the debts. If you are renting, is it possible to move to a cheaper apartment? Do you need to drive every day to work or can you take public transportation to save on gas? Is there any way to tighten up the grocery bill? Go to a neighborhood park and have a family picnic for example instead of doing things that cost money when spending time together as a family, etc. What about a gofundme site? People have done them on here before.
In terms of saving money, there honestly isn't much more I can do. I don't "own" anything really, and have very little in the way of actual 'things' in my house generally. I personally walk to most places, (I only live in a small town), and my wife owns the car, so she pays for anything that needs. Living wise, we get a good deal on an "ok" sized house to rent, as we know the landlords, so if anything it could cost us more if we moved. Loan wise: nope. My parents are still working themselves, (both in late 40's paying their own things) and I don't have any friends with that kind of money, and even then I wouldn't ask them if the did. I had thought of Gofundme, but I don't really want to advertise to the immediate people I know that I'm piss poor really.

I think part of it is, I'm paying out £450 a month on my debt, to get it all paid off quicker. If I drop those payments down it'll take longer, which isn't something I'm looking to do really. 5 months and it should be done, I just don't know if I can stand this job for that long in all honesty.

5 months isn't that long at all to pay off debts. That will go by fast. So it sounds like it's more the job that is upsetting to you and it makes you anxious that you may want to or need to leave before your debts are paid off. Do you think that's the real source of all of the anxiety?

Is it possible to look for another job in the meantime?

You could set up a gofundme site on here...just for people on here to donate and not notify anyone else in your immediate circle if you're not wnating to share that witrh them.
15-01-2018, 11:14 AM
(15-01-2018 11:04 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Edit: never mind, I'm just moaning now. I just need to boil me head or something.

No, you get to vent. *hugs* It's good to get it all out. It really does help.
15-01-2018, 11:38 AM
(15-01-2018 11:13 AM)jennybee Wrote:  5 months isn't that long at all to pay off debts. That will go by fast. So it sounds like it's more the job that is upsetting to you and it makes you anxious that you may want to or need to leave before your debts are paid off. Do you think that's the real source of all of the anxiety?

You could set up a gofundme site on here...just for people on here to donate and not notify anyone else in your immediate circle if you're not wnating to share that witrh them.
Ah, it's fine honestly. I feel bad asking people for money, so starting a gofundme wouldn't really be something I would do.

Job wise, it probably is a larger factor. I'm just not wanting to throw away a decent job, just because I'm losing my mind. Who's to say when I'm feeling better, the job will seem more appealing? I honestly don't know if I'm coming or going at the minute. I'll keep my eyes open, as I always do.

And yeah 5 months isn't that far off at all, that's why it's kinda getting to me now. I've been paying this stuff off for years, (Different debts each time, but this is the final thing), so the closer it gets I'm getting more annoyed at myself, because I can't make it go any quicker.

[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
15-01-2018, 12:27 PM
(15-01-2018 11:38 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(15-01-2018 11:13 AM)jennybee Wrote:  5 months isn't that long at all to pay off debts. That will go by fast. So it sounds like it's more the job that is upsetting to you and it makes you anxious that you may want to or need to leave before your debts are paid off. Do you think that's the real source of all of the anxiety?

Ah, it's fine honestly. I feel bad asking people for money, so starting a gofundme wouldn't really be something I would do.

Job wise, it probably is a larger factor. I'm just not wanting to throw away a decent job, just because I'm losing my mind. Who's to say when I'm feeling better, the job will seem more appealing? I honestly don't know if I'm coming or going at the minute. I'll keep my eyes open, as I always do.

And yeah 5 months isn't that far off at all, that's why it's kinda getting to me now. I've been paying this stuff off for years, (Different debts each time, but this is the final thing), so the closer it gets I'm getting more annoyed at myself, because I can't make it go any quicker.

You've done so good paying everything off though and it's almost here Smile Be proud of yourself. You've done awesome *hugs* That's not easy to do and you've done it. Thumbsup

I agree with hanging with your job until things stabilize with everything in terms of the meds, etc. There is always an escape hatch in looking for another job. Take it one day at a time. Don't look too far down the road. Just take one breath at a time. focus on today. Let the rest go.

I always find the more stress I get is from the constant worry of what *could* happen and overplaying it in my head. I've found over the years, now that I'm older and wiser Hobo Wink that it's better just to let things play out because they are never as bad as your mind makes them out to be. So better just to let them stay in the future and focus on the present. Just focus on the moment you are in, right now. That's it. Nothing else to do. Let the rest go. The future will be here soon enough. Right now, you just live in the moment. *hugs*
15-01-2018, 12:50 PM
(15-01-2018 10:42 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Update:

Hug

I hope you feel better soon, and my recommendation for what little it may be worth is to try to do something that requires a fair amount of physical exertion; that may help calm down your body and take some of the thoughts with it. A brisk walk or run, moving boxes up and down the stairs, etc.

But also, if you're actively feeling worse right now, rather than better, it's a good idea just to check in with someone at your doctor's office and let them know what's going on. Maybe they'll reassure you, but also maybe they'll ask you to come in or recommend some kind of tweak to your treatment.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
16-01-2018, 03:46 AM
(15-01-2018 12:27 PM)jennybee Wrote:  You've done so good paying everything off though and it's almost here Smile Be proud of yourself. You've done awesome *hugs* That's not easy to do and you've done it. Thumbsup

I agree with hanging with your job until things stabilize with everything in terms of the meds, etc. There is always an escape hatch in looking for another job. Take it one day at a time. Don't look too far down the road. Just take one breath at a time. focus on today. Let the rest go.

I always find the more stress I get is from the constant worry of what *could* happen and overplaying it in my head. I've found over the years, now that I'm older and wiser Hobo Wink that it's better just to let things play out because they are never as bad as your mind makes them out to be. So better just to let them stay in the future and focus on the present. Just focus on the moment you are in, right now. That's it. Nothing else to do. Let the rest go. The future will be here soon enough. Right now, you just live in the moment. *hugs*

Cheers, Jenny, and yep you're 100% right. I used to be very much that, just taking life as it comes, although over the years it's become harder...but that's me and my baggage catching up I think.

Yep nearly done, just gotta hang in there!

(15-01-2018 12:50 PM)julep Wrote:  Hug

I hope you feel better soon, and my recommendation for what little it may be worth is to try to do something that requires a fair amount of physical exertion; that may help calm down your body and take some of the thoughts with it. A brisk walk or run, moving boxes up and down the stairs, etc.

But also, if you're actively feeling worse right now, rather than better, it's a good idea just to check in with someone at your doctor's office and let them know what's going on. Maybe they'll reassure you, but also maybe they'll ask you to come in or recommend some kind of tweak to your treatment.

Thank Julep, I actually started a BJJ class last week, and went last night as well. Feel a lot better this morning in all honesty, so maybe that's helping or it's the meds kicking in or both, or non of the above haha.

Sleep is what I need I think. Just days and days of sleep.

[+] 3 users Like OakTree500's post
16-01-2018, 09:55 AM
Bit of an update: after speaking with my mum in particular, she advised mentioning this to my boss on the off chance things get real bad one day and I have to leave or something.

Done that now, and he's told me not to worry and that I'm doing a good job at work etc, and that it's a fairly common thing (to his knowledge) and it's good I'm seeing a doctor and so on. So that is reassuring some what. And he's pointed me towards some company stuff that is for mental health advise, should I need to look into that as well.

So that's a minor plus Smile

[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post