Feeling a bit low recently

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2018, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2018 08:45 AM by OakTree500.)
RE: Feeling a bit low recently
(15-01-2018 11:13 AM)jennybee Wrote:  You could set up a gofundme site on here...just for people on here to donate and not notify anyone else in your immediate circle if you're not wnating to share that witrh them.

Taking jennys advice on this, as I thought "fuck it" why not. I'll update shortly with the link, so if anybody would be willing to help me out, that'd be beyond awesome.

I'm training for a 10K run, read about it in my blog :
Lost In Pace - A Running Blog
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
17-01-2018, 10:36 AM
(17-01-2018 08:24 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  ...
Taking jennys advice on this, as I thought "fuck it" why not.

The answer to "why not?", is that it was long ago decided that TTA was not a place where selling stuff, fund-raising, promoting a non-Seth-related site and the like was encouraged.

Jenny wasn't to know this as it is not a formal policy, it's more of a cultural thing (kinda like a social contract).

There have been a few (four, I think) exceptions made for dire emergencies (disaster recovery, medical needs) at Admins discretion.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
17-01-2018, 10:40 AM
(17-01-2018 10:36 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

The answer to "why not?", is that it was long ago decided that TTA was not a place where selling stuff, fund-raising, promoting a non-Seth-related site and the like was encouraged.

Jenny wasn't to know this as it is not a formal policy, it's more of a cultural thing (kinda like a social contract).

There have been a few (four, I think) exceptions made for dire emergencies (disaster recovery, medical needs) at Admins discretion.
Yep, spoke to mom's about it and it's been declined. No worries at all, and I thought as much to be honest. Fair enough Smile

[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
17-01-2018, 12:02 PM
(17-01-2018 10:36 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Ahh okay, you are right, I did not know that as I've seen several gofundme posts since I've been here. So was just going from that. I didn't know it was based on certain circumstances. Now I know Smile
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
17-01-2018, 12:06 PM
(17-01-2018 12:02 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(17-01-2018 10:36 AM)DLJ Wrote:  The answer to "why not?", is that it was long ago decided that TTA was not a place where selling stuff, fund-raising, promoting a non-Seth-related site and the like was encouraged.

Ahh okay, you are right, I did not know that as I've seen several gofundme posts since I've been here. So was just going from that. I didn't know it was based on certain circumstances. Now I know Smile

They must not have got you to do the blood pact yet.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze

[Image: uj9MSSa.gif]
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
18-01-2018, 04:02 AM
Ok, moving forward now!

Will stop moaning about my predicament, 5 months isn't a long time all things considered so will [try] and stay positive all around Smile Mom's had a good idea re:debt stuff, so will take that on board, plus everybody advise and helpful words.

Thanks everybody for advice, it's all very much appreciated Smile

[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post