Feeling extra alone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2016, 07:00 PM
Feeling extra alone
I have been in training for 4 days. Tomorrow is my last and I go home. I have had zero texts from my family and zero calls. I am 5 hours from home. It doesn't seem like a lot but I'm here all alone. The only person I've really talked to is my boyfriend.. I think that's because he knows I'll say something for he doesn't message me.
It's just weird.. Everyone was all "let us know every couple of towns where and how you are" once they knew I was here that was it. My dads the kind to get mad if you don't call him. If I mention my little sister he's all "who's she again?" Because she doesn't call or come around.. But he doesn't call me. I've called to check on him during tornado weather and storms to make sure he's ok ok the road but here I sit in a no where town with no one I know without a single missed call or text. My mom hasn't answered my calls since Monday or even face booked me.. My sister just asked if I would help her move Wednesday when I called her. I spend most of my time out of training sitting at the side of the hotel watching the Alabama music hall of fame lights blink on and off. It just bothers me that no one has checked on me. With the exception of two people.. Brandon and my friend on here. I guess that's better than nothing?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2016, 07:04 PM
RE: Feeling extra alone
Hugs hugs hugs. Hug Heart

☆☆☆
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
19-05-2016, 07:07 PM
Some folks just don't make the calls in a relationship, and no, I don't think it's right either. My sister is that way. She's always happy to hear from me, but drops all this woulda coulda shoulda about her not calling. Weird.
I'm sorry you feel lonely.
19-05-2016, 07:07 PM
(19-05-2016 07:04 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Hugs hugs hugs. Hug Heart

Thanks
19-05-2016, 07:09 PM
(19-05-2016 07:07 PM)skyking Wrote:  Some folks just don't make the calls in a relationship, and no, I don't think it's right either. My sister is that way. She's always happy to hear from me, but drops all this woulda coulda shoulda about her not calling. Weird.
I'm sorry you feel lonely.

That's how it is.. They are swamped with their first shift jobs.. But when it's time for their birthday party you bet they call..
And thank you.. It really stinks
19-05-2016, 07:10 PM
Ah! The difference between extrovert and introvert.

I get pissed off when people disturb my peace ... don't they know how deep in meditation I am when sitting at the side of the hotel watching humanity blink on and off.

Big Grin

But I get what you're saying.

Question:
Are you in need of the people you need showing they need you?
Or are you simply someone who needs to feel needed / want to feel wanted?

If it's the latter, then random connections are easy to make.
If the former... sometimes people just need a little nudge to be reminded that you exist.

Nudge someone.

Smile

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
19-05-2016, 07:13 PM
I've gone through a lot of this....so much so that I more or less stopped expecting anybody to go out of their way to contact me. Without the expectation, I don't get sad. It might not be the happiest solution, but it works for me. I figure everybody has their life going on, and I can't expect to be the first thing on their minds.

Anyways, sorry you feel lonely, I know it sucks. Just be happy you have your boyfriend, and don't feel bad reaching out if it makes you happy keeping in contact.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
19-05-2016, 07:14 PM
DlJ, I think she did. I felt nudged Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
19-05-2016, 07:17 PM
(19-05-2016 07:14 PM)skyking Wrote:  DlJ, I think she did. I felt nudged Big Grin

From one random connection to another... I felt nudged too.

Wink

19-05-2016, 07:19 PM
(19-05-2016 07:10 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Ah! The difference between extrovert and introvert.

I get pissed off when people disturb my peace ... don't they know how deep in meditation I am when sitting at the side of the hotel watching humanity blink on and off.

Big Grin

But I get what you're saying.

Question:
Are you in need of the people you need showing they need you?
Or are you simply someone who needs to feel needed / want to feel wanted?

If it's the latter, then random connections are easy to make.
If the former... sometimes people just need a little nudge to be reminded that you exist.

Nudge someone.

Smile

Hmm that's an interesting question.. I'm really not sure which it would be
[+] 1 user Likes Jewelarcher's post