Feeling good. Feeling positive. Humanity. Happiness. Hope.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
08-01-2013, 10:54 AM
RE: Feeling good. Feeling positive. Humanity. Happiness. Hope.
@SingingBear, my list was by no means or exhaustive. Feel free to add, subtract, or substitute what you like. I meant Ralph Stanley, but Monroe kicks butt as well. This was just some of the stuff that I seriously dig.

Godless in the Magnolia State
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cjs's post
08-01-2013, 10:43 PM
(29-10-2012 07:02 AM)Logisch Wrote:  I wished I had decided to go to the meets more often for this group. I was a member of the online group for a while and only recently decided to finally meet them. Glad I did! Last night I hung out with a few of our local group and this came up in conversation. I thought it was fantastic that the group goes out and helps the community and someone mentioned it would be good to post this up:

[Image: event_168125592.jpeg]
Ah. A fellow Oregonian Smile

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
19-02-2013, 03:29 PM
These are some photos of real places on our planet - they are not photoshopped. I see these as very successful interactions of human and environment. Sometimes, the simplest things are just astounding to me. Shy

This is a treasured and protected place in Japan - it's simply a path through a bamboo grove.
[Image: bamboopathjapan_zpsb63767cc.jpeg]

This is also in Japan - it's a tunnel of different varieties of Wisteria.
[Image: WisteriaJapan_zps0d29fc36.jpeg]

This is a place in Northern Ireland - it's known as the dark hedges - it's quite surreal and looks different with the variety of light and weather.
[Image: darkhedgesNireland_zpsbf83ac7e.jpeg]

This is an actual train track surrounded by trees in Ukraine.
[Image: leaftraintunnel_zpsd529d5d1.jpg]

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
19-02-2013, 04:25 PM
Kim, the Ukraine one was amazing! And the dark hedges... no matter how many photos I see of it (and I've seen heaps), it's still amazing...
[Image: dark_hedges.jpg]

Am all of a sudden reminded of this unbelievably beautiful street in Cascais, Portugal, with plane-trees growing on both sides... it was a like a tunnel. Words just cannot describe how beautiful it is (esp. as plane-trees are my most favourite trees in the world... love doesn't even begin to cover it...).

[Image: plane-tree.jpg]

[Image: the-mottisfont-plane.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
15-03-2013, 06:43 PM
WOW I LOVE this idea!! (I hope this video shows up but in case it doesn't... its what I am up to right now.... cordwood barn construction)

and this:

and this:

[font="Arial"]Ámê®ï©âñ¤WømåÑ
[/font]
29-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Sic transit... (And yes, I think there a special kind of hope in the fact that everything decays and dies. And is then replaced by something else.)

[Image: 5304d2a242c0f1367a305241973b96ac.jpg]

[Image: __there__s_still_life_there______by_leir...3l1jww.jpg]

[Image: 317179_6a9769e326275e9bf888c2da6aba72a3_large.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
03-05-2013, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 05:13 PM by Vera.)
That actually kinda ties up with my previous post here, so I think this thread is even more appropriate than I thought (not that anyone comes here anymore, but a lot of the best things in life are those that only few know about [Image: icon_shh.gif])

"Back 1975, American photographer Nicholas Nixon once took a photo of his wife Bebe and her three sisters, and they came up with an idea to make it an annual tradition. Since then, the Brown sisters took a photo every year till 2010. To make the series more coherent, the four sisters – Heather, Mimi, Bebe, and Laurie – always posed in the same order."

I find this rather beautiful and touching...

[Image: sisters01.jpg]

[Image: sisters36.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
03-05-2013, 05:42 PM
(03-05-2013 05:09 PM)Vera Wrote:  That actually kinda ties up with my previous post here, so I think this thread is even more appropriate than I thought (not that anyone comes here anymore, but a lot of the best things in life are those that only few know about [Image: icon_shh.gif])

"Back 1975, American photographer Nicholas Nixon once took a photo of his wife Bebe and her three sisters, and they came up with an idea to make it an annual tradition. Since then, the Brown sisters took a photo every year till 2010. To make the series more coherent, the four sisters – Heather, Mimi, Bebe, and Laurie – always posed in the same order."

I find this rather beautiful and touching...

[Image: sisters01.jpg]

[Image: sisters36.jpg]

That's very cool. 35-year time lapse photography. Cool ... I like what Bebe does with hair. "Awwwww ... fuck it, let it do what it wants."

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-05-2013, 05:58 PM
Speeches w/ Phil by Kim, bemore's "free hugs" vid, and all the lovely pictures? This thread, by itself, makes me happy Big Grin You people posting on it give me hope for humanity! You guys rock. I had a frustrating, if not a plain o'l bad, day before fishing around in here Thumbsup

03-05-2013, 06:13 PM
(03-05-2013 05:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That's very cool. 35-year time lapse photography. Cool ... I like what Bebe does with hair. "Awwwww ... fuck it, let it do what it wants."

Time, flowing like a river
Time, beckoning me
Who knows when we shall meet again
If ever
But time
Keeps flowing like a river
To the sea

Goodbye my love,
Maybe for forever
Goodbye my love,
The tide waits for me
Who knows when we shall meet again
If ever
But time
Keeps flowing like a river (on and on)
To the sea, to the sea

Till it's gone forever
Gone forever
Gone forevermore

Goodbye my friends,
Maybe forever
Goodbye my friends,
The stars wait for me
Who knows where we shall meet again
If ever
But time
Keeps flowing like a river (on and on)
To the sea, to the sea

Till it's gone forever
Gone forever
Gone forevermore.

There's an even more appropriate Alan Parsons' song, but I've already posted it in a totally different context, and... Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Say something positive about the above poster (forum game) kingschosen 1,366 23,614 28-03-2014 08:12 AM
Last Post: War Horse
  positive a/theism viking 0 220 30-05-2013 06:59 AM
Last Post: viking
  Say a positive QUOTE game. LadyJane 12 490 17-03-2013 08:23 PM
Last Post: LadyJane
  Positive reactions to atheism Leela 2 438 29-07-2012 08:29 PM
Last Post: il_bandit
  What is your good book? angry_liberal 20 1,280 14-10-2011 08:41 AM
Last Post: houseofcantor
  How bout the good stuff? Stark Raving 12 1,561 31-08-2010 09:18 AM
Last Post: Stark Raving