Feeling lonely and helpless

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2016, 12:58 AM
RE: Feeling lonely and helpless
(26-05-2016 11:34 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I wish I had some good advice for you, LD, but I don't -- I don't know what it's like to be where you are. But I wish you the best and hope you can find the happy place in your heart -- and when you find it, anchor yourself to it, hon. Too easy to slip off, otherwise.

You do have good advice! I'll hold on as tight as I can Smile
I do think I'm finding more and more of that happy place. Life seems to slowly get better and better these days. I'm getting better and better at dealing with the depressive episodes. Like finding the courage to vent to you guys instead of letting the bad thoughts get out of hand. Smile And the episodes seem to be getting fewer and further apart.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like LadyDay's post
27-05-2016, 06:12 PM
(27-05-2016 12:47 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  
(26-05-2016 05:52 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Nothing wrong with nonstandard except when the lights won't turn on.

This should be in a fortune cookie or something. Smile Brilliant line!

I'll forgive the pun.

Quote:I think in some ways I need to accept my own wiring. I think you guys are very right that I'm an introvert. I need to start embracing that rather than feel bad because I don't enjoy being surrounded by people constantly.

Acceptance is a good beginning. Feeling bad about being who you are is just plain unhealthy.

Quote:When I am feeling well and up to it, I thrive among people. I just don't feel comfortable having people arround all the time.

That's a pretty typical introvert. The real trick is striking the right balance. Too many people will wear you down but without enough human interaction you wind up stuck with your own dark thoughts and that's a very bad recipe for depression. I find that I need a few hours a day interacting with other people, minimum, or I start going a bit squirrely. I can go for a few day, even weeks if need be, with no interaction, but I start noticing it.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
27-05-2016, 06:34 PM
I am intimately familiar with your symptoms. Doc calls it major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder. I call it can'tseemtogiveashititis.

Here is how I see the world unmedicated.

And this is how I see the world when properly medicated. There's no stopping the inevitable downward spiral dance into the abyss. But I can look at it differently.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-05-2016, 11:03 PM
You aren't alone. I am simply very ill now. When I am discharged we will Skype. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
28-05-2016, 12:35 AM
(27-05-2016 06:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And this is how I see the world when properly medicated. There's no stopping the inevitable downward spiral dance into the abyss. But I can look at it differently.

Yeah. It might end in death either way, but the trick is to learn to have fun getting there. (adorable kids Heart )
[+] 1 user Likes LadyDay's post
28-05-2016, 12:38 AM
(27-05-2016 11:03 PM)Banjo Wrote:  You aren't alone. I am simply very ill now. When I am discharged we will Skype. Smile

Well, you're the only friend I have in Australia or similar timezone, and therefor the only one who's at home, and awake, during normal Danish work hours. So it's simply unacceptable for you to go get yourself hospitalized! Facepalm
I'll give you a good scolding once you're fit enough to survive it!
28-05-2016, 11:16 PM
I also often feel very alone and only have my fiancé to talk to and we just got in a big fight so I logged in here to see whats new and reading your message makes me feel not so alone, just a little voice saying they understand. I feel like I could've wrote your exact words. It's interesting to know so many people feel this way, so isolated yet here we are reaching out across space speaking to each other, still alone but together, even briefly. I'm glad you are being looked after medically, it's a good sign and I'm glad you have a boyfriend to talk to, here's a cyber hug Hug and I really hope you are feeling better after sharing your feelings.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like SitaSky's post
29-05-2016, 09:41 AM
(28-05-2016 11:16 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I also often feel very alone and only have my fiancé to talk to and we just got in a big fight so I logged in here to see whats new and reading your message makes me feel not so alone, just a little voice saying they understand. I feel like I could've wrote your exact words. It's interesting to know so many people feel this way, so isolated yet here we are reaching out across space speaking to each other, still alone but together, even briefly. I'm glad you are being looked after medically, it's a good sign and I'm glad you have a boyfriend to talk to, here's a cyber hug Hug and I really hope you are feeling better after sharing your feelings.

You're always welcome to talk to me if you'd like. Smile It's really nice to know I'm not the only one in the world feeling like this!
I am firmly convinced we'll both get through this stuff. I know how extremely hopeless it is when you're in the middle of it, but I also know that having known pain like this makes you appreciate happiness even more when you get to it! It's really awesome to have good days when you've gone through so many bad ones!
And on bad days, it's extra good to have a forum like this! Imagine, people all over the world who genuinely give a shit about how you're doing! Who think about you and wish you better! Cyber hugs may not be the same as real hugs, but the intention behind them are just the same! So here's a cyber hug right back to you: Hug
Feel better dear!
29-05-2016, 04:15 PM
(29-05-2016 09:41 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  
(28-05-2016 11:16 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I also often feel very alone and only have my fiancé to talk to and we just got in a big fight so I logged in here to see whats new and reading your message makes me feel not so alone, just a little voice saying they understand. I feel like I could've wrote your exact words. It's interesting to know so many people feel this way, so isolated yet here we are reaching out across space speaking to each other, still alone but together, even briefly. I'm glad you are being looked after medically, it's a good sign and I'm glad you have a boyfriend to talk to, here's a cyber hug Hug and I really hope you are feeling better after sharing your feelings.

You're always welcome to talk to me if you'd like. Smile It's really nice to know I'm not the only one in the world feeling like this!
I am firmly convinced we'll both get through this stuff. I know how extremely hopeless it is when you're in the middle of it, but I also know that having known pain like this makes you appreciate happiness even more when you get to it! It's really awesome to have good days when you've gone through so many bad ones!
And on bad days, it's extra good to have a forum like this! Imagine, people all over the world who genuinely give a shit about how you're doing! Who think about you and wish you better! Cyber hugs may not be the same as real hugs, but the intention behind them are just the same! So here's a cyber hug right back to you: Hug
Feel better dear!

Awww thanks for the kind words, it just sucks fighting with the one person you talk to the most. I think about if we broke up who would I talk to? I could reach out to my family but that's always tough, I don't really get along with them. I know I can talk to you guys and at the very least get an outsider perspective so that's nice. I will have to talk to him tonight and go over what was said yesterday, it wasn't that big a deal but I need him to just understand so we can get past it. I do feel a bit more confident that my feelings are valid, thanks for understanding and the cyber hug. Big Grin

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
30-05-2016, 06:48 AM
(29-05-2016 04:15 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(29-05-2016 09:41 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  You're always welcome to talk to me if you'd like. Smile It's really nice to know I'm not the only one in the world feeling like this!
Feel better dear!

Awww thanks for the kind words, it just sucks fighting with the one person you talk to the most. I think about if we broke up who would I talk to? I could reach out to my family but that's always tough, I don't really get along with them. I know I can talk to you guys and at the very least get an outsider perspective so that's nice. I will have to talk to him tonight and go over what was said yesterday, it wasn't that big a deal but I need him to just understand so we can get past it. I do feel a bit more confident that my feelings are valid, thanks for understanding and the cyber hug. Big Grin

I hope you solve the disagreement. Smile It would be sad to risk the relationship over some little issue. Be nice to each other.