Felix Baumgartner Survived.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Felix Baumgartner Survived.
I was going to post this in the Science section... but I don't know... it just seems to me like another adrenalin junkie getting his stunt on. Dodgy However...

Felix Baumgartner is an amazing fool!

It really is incredible though - he jumped from the edge of space!! From a balloon!!
Bowing I want to say to you... Bravo Felix Baumgartner!! Bowing

I'll bet your Mom didn't know what the fuck you were getting up to. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
15-10-2012, 12:56 PM
RE: Felix Baumgartner Survived.
Sciencing it up. Yes, that's a word... now.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
15-10-2012, 12:56 PM
This page has several videos of Baumgartner's jump. Some were taken from cameras mounted on his space suit.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/video/20...spin-video

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
15-10-2012, 11:44 PM
This isn't science, it is theistic bulshit. I have evidence that the redbull didn't really give him wings!

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
16-10-2012, 12:34 AM
[Image: soundbarrier.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like LadyJane's post
16-10-2012, 03:07 AM
(16-10-2012 12:34 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  [Image: soundbarrier.jpg]

Well considering all objects are pulled towards the center of earth at the same rate no matter their weight....

It's slightly odd that just last week I was had a hankering for jumping out of a helicopter from a height so high you could see the curvature of the Earth and then the night of this I'm watching the news and this comes on. Was a little freaky to say the least.

While watching it all I could think of was what a great business that would be. Like I know there are special built planes that go into low space now, but balloons... genius. It would be simply, cheap, easy. Just have a big bus like thing pressurized capsule, strap a couple of these balloons to it. Don't know how you'd get down though... maybe pop a few? Consider

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
18-10-2012, 03:31 AM
I would so do that, I would do that tomorrow morning right after breakfast and a coffee!
I would just love to do that.
Jax however, she wouldn’t be too keen on letting me.
She wasn’t too happy with me jumping out of a plane, but she knows what drives me and ya know, I would be in the dog box for months but I think I would just have to if it was ever offered.
My concession; I won’t go looking for it, but if it finds me? Well that’s quite different… Thumbsup

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Karl's post