Fellow Brits---Hang your heads in shame

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2015, 01:51 PM
Fellow Brits---Hang your heads in shame
For long we have both laughed at and pitied our cousins in the colonies across the Atlantic for harbouring creationists in their southern states.
No more can we do this, indeed it is our turn to suffer derision and I hope some sympathy as well.

I found this on Keith Fitzpatrick-Mathews excellent blog https://badarchaeology.wordpress.com/ and web site http://www.badarchaeology.com/

"The Creation Science Movement was founded in 1932 and started out as The Evolution Protest Movement. Based in Portsmouth (Hants, UK), it continues to claim that “society witnesses to the effect of atheistic humanism which belief in the theory of evolution has brought–fragmented family units, abortion, child abuse etc.”. It runs its own exhibition in the former National Provincial Bank at The Hard in Portsmouth, called Genesis Expo (warning: Boris the Tyrannosaurus rex is terrifying, apparently the bastard offspring of Jurassic Park’s T Rex and Barney)."

This claims to be the oldest creation movement in the world. If so, I must apologise for us doing it first and giving the idea to the rest of you....Sorry.
If you must look here is the exhibition http://www.genesisexpo.co.uk/ (I know you are now curious to see what Boris looks like) and the creationist science movement https://www.csm.org.uk/ . I don't need to warn you of the stupid you will find.

What is it about the south, both here and in the US that makes the thick and dense gravitate there?

What do you mean Life is short. It's the longest thing you're going to do.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes stevec's post
17-08-2015, 02:29 PM
RE: Fellow Brits---Hang your heads in shame
So you first give us Darwin and then this?

You are still on the plus side but just minimally. Angry

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
17-08-2015, 02:39 PM
(17-08-2015 02:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  So you first give us Darwin and then this?

If we're actually honest about it, we generally export the worst to other continents. The thieves went to Australia and the puritans went to America.

Britain ... getting relatively better by making everywhere else relatively worse.
[+] 16 users Like Mathilda's post
17-08-2015, 02:46 PM
(17-08-2015 02:39 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(17-08-2015 02:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  So you first give us Darwin and then this?

If we're actually honest about it, we generally export the worst to other continents. The thieves went to Australia and the puritans went to America.

Britain ... getting relatively better by making everywhere else relatively worse.

Well, you also shipped prisoners to Georgia...so the South. Your Puritans either got them "right with gawd" or they used the church to exploit their neighbors. Thanks a lot Angry

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
17-08-2015, 02:50 PM
(17-08-2015 02:46 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(17-08-2015 02:39 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  If we're actually honest about it, we generally export the worst to other continents. The thieves went to Australia and the puritans went to America.

Well, you also shipped prisoners to Georgia...so the South. Your Puritans either got them "right with gawd" or they used the church to exploit their neighbors. Thanks a lot Angry
Or they are one and the same. Which would explain the televangelists.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
17-08-2015, 08:22 PM
(17-08-2015 02:39 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  If we're actually honest about it, we generally export the worst to other continents. The thieves went to Australia and the puritans went to America.

Well that certainly sheds light on Ken Ham, but he ricocheted off of Australia and landed in America. Well played......Consider

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
26-08-2015, 02:54 PM
Strangely enough I'm having an on-off sparring match with a creationist troll on a social media site who appears to be from that neck of the woods. A complete nut-job who is a nasty little shit.

Wonder if he's connected?
26-08-2015, 03:18 PM
(17-08-2015 01:51 PM)stevec Wrote:  What is it about the south, both here and in the US that makes the thick and dense gravitate there?

It's 'cos of gravity. They fall down Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
27-08-2015, 01:25 PM
(26-08-2015 03:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-08-2015 01:51 PM)stevec Wrote:  What is it about the south, both here and in the US that makes the thick and dense gravitate there?

It's 'cos of gravity. They fall down Tongue

That's what I thought.Wink

What do you mean Life is short. It's the longest thing you're going to do.
[+] 1 user Likes stevec's post
27-08-2015, 02:11 PM

It's the opposite here in Ireland. They're up North. Descendants of those protestants you lot sent over here to colonise the land all those years ago. The Caleb Foundation comes to mind.
http://www.calebfoundation.org/page3.htm

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí