Fellow Canucks. And whoever else wants to play..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2015, 08:08 PM
RE: Fellow Canucks. And whoever else wants to play..
(07-10-2015 08:06 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Lol! according to the little quiz linked in Res Publica post, I am a Communist... I should start to play Darth Vader theme when I write about politics.

I means you agree with the stances of communsit party of Canada.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2015, 08:16 PM
(07-10-2015 08:08 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 08:06 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Lol! according to the little quiz linked in Res Publica post, I am a Communist... I should start to play Darth Vader theme when I write about politics.

I means you agree with the stances of communsit party of Canada.

I know, a few years ago I was asked by that party to present myself in the 2008 elections as their one of their only candidate in the province of Quebec. I am technically still a member of that party. I thought it was dead, but it seems to keep itself in life-support.
16-10-2015, 02:00 PM
I found greatest similarity with NDP, Green and Liberal platforms (over 88-98%), which I expected.
What I didn't realize was that I was closer to a Libertarian or Christian Heritage supporter than to a Conservative!!!
I find that quite shocking, really!

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
16-10-2015, 04:41 PM
(16-10-2015 02:00 PM)Reducetarian Wrote:  I found greatest similarity with NDP, Green and Liberal platforms (over 88-98%), which I expected.
What I didn't realize was that I was closer to a Libertarian or Christian Heritage supporter than to a Conservative!!!
I find that quite shocking, really!

Conservative still believe in a strong central governement especially in matters of homeland security and crime repression. Libertarian of course don't like strong central governement and the Christian Heritage believes the state should be absent of spheres held by the church in the past which implies, education, healthcare, social and community work. Thus they share a lot in common with Libertarian. They also are pretty supple when it comes to criminality.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
16-10-2015, 04:48 PM
(06-10-2015 12:52 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Who ya gonna vote for?
Not a Canadian? Well then. Who would ya vote for?

Dude. Why is this even a question?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-10-2015, 04:59 PM
http://canada.isidewith.com/results/1430566696

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
16-10-2015, 10:57 PM
(16-10-2015 04:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 12:52 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Who ya gonna vote for?
Not a Canadian? Well then. Who would ya vote for?

Dude. Why is this even a question?
Who says Canadian politics is boring ... I'm running out Popcorn

Rob Ford and his evil brother Doug Ford are holding an event on Saturday evening to drum up support for Steven Harper's local Conservative candidates
Talk about desperate ... with friends like Rob Ford, who needs enemies

The latest hilarity is the convoluted endorsement by Globe and Mail (ostensibly "Canada's newspaper") for the Conservatives ... but without Harper.

Now, this would only be possible if the Conservative Party disowned their fearless leader AFTER he WON the election, which is complete nonsense. And if this happened, we would have no idea who would be Prime Minister. Yup, that's as illogical as it sounds. But this is what the Globe and Mail is advising its readers to do.

Which explains why, when I called to cancel my Globe and Mail subscription tonight, the lines were jammed.

Oh well, at least it inspired a funny hashtag

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom