Fellow Introverts; How Many People In A Room Is Too Many?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2016, 07:50 AM
Fellow Introverts; How Many People In A Room Is Too Many?
The question asked is in the title of this thread. Personally, for me 4-5 people is about my limit. Anymore people than that and I start to get uneasy. There's just too many variables, and too many people to keep track of. Two people in a room, excluding myself, is what I feel is the best number of people for social situations like Work, a Party, or just hanging out. One other person is not enough. Two people is just right. Three is so-so. Four to Five people is pushing it. Six is too much.

What about you guys? How many people in a social environment is too many people for you personally?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2016, 07:51 AM
RE: Fellow Introverts; How Many People In A Room Is Too Many?
One..

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-09-2016, 08:15 AM
A group of 4-5 (myself included) is about as much as I'm comfortable with, outside of immediate family. Christmas is fine, surrounded by my 3 younger siblings, my parents, 3 cats, and give or take a grandmother or aunt and a cousin or two. But going out? Anything more than my brother, my sister-in-law, my best friend, and his boyfriend? Then it gets to be a bit much. Clubs and bars aren't so bad, so long as I'm not expected to mingle. Put me in the corner shooting darts or billiards, or just talking with our own group, and I can manage.

Weddings, where you are supposed to mingle with a huge group of strangers? FUCK THAT. My last wedding was my brother's, and thank goodness it was his. I was part of a small group, basically the best friends of the couple, and we had our own rooms for a few days at the location of the ceremony and reception (a really cool Victorian style house turned bread and breakfast, hiding right in the middle of downtown Pittsburgh). So I would quite frequently break away from the party, go to my own room and decompress while watching an episode of something on TV (I saw a lot of Pawnstars those few days). Then I'd button back up, head back out and mingle for a bit; rinse and repeat. If I didn't have that out, I'd have been utterly miserable after a short while.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
23-09-2016, 08:23 AM
(23-09-2016 08:15 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  A group of 4-5 (myself included) is about as much as I'm comfortable with, outside of immediate family. Christmas is fine, surrounded by my 3 younger siblings, my parents, 3 cats, and give or take a grandmother or aunt and a cousin or two. But going out? Anything more than my brother, my sister-in-law, my best friend, and his boyfriend? Then it gets to be a bit much. Clubs and bars aren't so bad, so long as I'm not expected to mingle. Put me in the corner shooting darts or billiards, or just talking with our own group, and I can manage.

Weddings, where you are supposed to mingle with a huge group of strangers? FUCK THAT. My last wedding was my brother's, and thank goodness it was his. I was part of a small group, basically the best friends of the couple, and we had our own rooms for a few days at the location of the ceremony and reception (a really cool Victorian style house turned bread and breakfast, hiding right in the middle of downtown Pittsburgh). So I would quite frequently break away from the party, go to my own room and decompress while watching an episode of something on TV (I saw a lot of Pawnstars those few days). Then I'd button back up, head back out and mingle for a bit; rinse and repeat. If I didn't have that out, I'd have been utterly miserable after a short while.

I like being alone. One or two people for a limited time is good. Up to six is tolerable.

I hate parties, but I don't mind public speaking and will happily address a room filled with hundreds of people.

I am a master at sneaking away to my room....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
23-09-2016, 08:24 AM
4-5 people

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
23-09-2016, 08:27 AM
Guess I'm not an introvert. I like a lot of people. The more the merrier. I gave a big Summer backyard party for a bunch of theatre people. It was so much fun.

I don't like big rock concerts though. I hate loud noisy places where you can't have a conversation without yelling. That goes for restaurants. If it's too noisy I get up and leave.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
23-09-2016, 08:28 AM
around 23.6

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
23-09-2016, 08:34 AM
3 if I'm not familiar with em. 6-ish if it's family. 5 if we're friends.

Cept I don't have any friends...

/foreveralone

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
23-09-2016, 09:16 AM
(23-09-2016 08:23 AM)Dom Wrote:  I am a master at sneaking away to my room....

Teach me sensei. Drinking Beverage
23-09-2016, 09:33 AM
(23-09-2016 09:16 AM)Cumulus Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 08:23 AM)Dom Wrote:  I am a master at sneaking away to my room....

Teach me sensei. Drinking Beverage

Oh, it all depends on the situation. If I am stuck in a conversation with someone, I'll call another person over and ask their opinion, and when they start talking, I'll quick excuse myself and head towards the bathroom and escape...

If in a hotel and there are people in the lobby who will strike up conversations, I'll take a back exit instead avoiding the whole thing...

Program my cell to ring at a certain time and excuse myself, walking away talking into the phone (to no one lol)

Let people know ahead of time that I will have to leave early...

It all depends. The more people are there, the easier it is to get away.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post