Fellow Introverts; How Many People In A Room Is Too Many?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2016, 08:54 AM
RE: Fellow Introverts; How Many People In A Room Is Too Many?
Depends on who the people are.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2016, 08:55 AM
(24-09-2016 08:38 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-09-2016 08:04 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  I'm not any kind of vert. Why are you trying to stuff me into a vert box?

You sure you're not trying to divert from the topic because you are a covert pervert?

No, I'm a vertical vertebrate. Sad

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
24-09-2016, 06:34 PM
It's about how the conversation is going for me. If everybody's talking at once I can't concentrate, it's too much and I have to split.

If that one guy has decided to talk at me on a subject I don't know or care about (one of my band members does this after a couple of drinks) that's also too much, but I suppose that's the same for everyone.

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
26-09-2016, 09:38 PM
Depends. In the early '90s, I worked in Systems Engineering for a major corporation (no, you are not going to get the name). I had to present my analysis to a few hundred people. I broke out in hives due to the strain. I made it through that presentation, and was a lot better after that. In reality, I prefer to be alone. I spent a fair amount of my career away from home, and have had co-workers attempt to volunteer my time for projects at those "away" sites, to the point where I was told that "I shouldn't isolate myself". Dodgy I didn't hang around after work with these people when we were at the factory, so why should I do it at the delivery site? Some people are really happy to volunteer other people for their agendas. They can bite me on the ass.
26-09-2016, 10:00 PM
Right now there's 3 people in the living room several feet from me but that's too many because of the particular people's involved.

But earlier today I sat on rooms of 20 people and was on a school bus of a couple times 30 kids, that's not a problemo

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
27-09-2016, 03:45 AM
Well I guess we are alone together. I don't like to be rude, so sometimes I have to step outside of my comfort zone when invited to a gathering. As far as the question goes it depends on who I'm around and the situation. We have small teams at work. If all 5 of us go to breakfast I'll usually go so the I don't look like an outsider. If it's me and one other person, I will start making excuses.
On the flip side I have 2 childhood friends that I hang out with. I'll hang out with either or both at the same time. But if they have a party I usually won't go.
I'm not sure it makes any sense but I usually don't post here because of my introversion.
I see I'm not alone though.