Female Black Atheist: Just "came out"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2012, 02:21 PM
RE: Female Black Atheist: Just "came out"
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2012, 02:24 PM
(05-11-2012 12:13 PM)kim Wrote:  Black
Female
Atheist

Tongue - strike three you're out. Now, if you'd have added Lesbian to that list you might have a full-on crucifixion to deal with. Wink

Just reading what you're professor said had me shaking! But you actually handled it quite well. You were very articulate and concise in your post - it perfectly stated your reasoning and position . You've placed yourself in the open and you obviously feel prepared for the what's next. It won't be easy ...but... the first three words in your thread title already know this. You are indeed, out.

The greatest protection you have is your honesty - never ever let that become compromised. You know who you are... that's something many are unable and even unwilling to stand up for and defend. It is the only thing one can really know completely. Don't get caught up in anyone else's drama - let them fight amongst themselves. You - the new you - have got better things to do. You are moving forward - they are staying where they are to squabble.

Personally, I lack words to express how wonderful I feel for you! It might get scary here and there but - WOW! It will also be exhilarating! You've begun a new part of your life... your real life.

From now on, whatever you encounter...
Bowing You --> Cool and your next step are admirable. Bowing

BTW - Welcome to the forum. Smile
In her Intro thread, she told us she does like the Ladies. Thumbsup
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid185524

Why do I remember such a thing? Angel

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
05-11-2012, 03:03 PM
I wish i could do the same. Im a highschool student in turkey and our leaders (prime minister etc.) says the same thing for abortion and i think its going to be banned for many situations.Turkey was a almost secular country until 2002 and its normal now that you get beat up or disturbed for drinking beer.
05-11-2012, 04:06 PM
(05-11-2012 02:24 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
Female
Atheist

Tongue - strike three you're out. Now, if you'd have added Lesbian to that list you might have a full-on crucifixion to deal with. Wink

Just reading what you're professor said had me shaking! But you actually handled it quite well. You were very articulate and concise in your post - it perfectly stated your reasoning and position . You've placed yourself in the open and you obviously feel prepared for the what's next. It won't be easy ...but... the first three words in your thread title already know this. You are indeed, out.

The greatest protection you have is your honesty - never ever let that become compromised. You know who you are... that's something many are unable and even unwilling to stand up for and defend. It is the only thing one can really know completely. Don't get caught up in anyone else's drama - let them fight amongst themselves. You - the new you - have got better things to do. You are moving forward - they are staying where they are to squabble.

Personally, I lack words to express how wonderful I feel for you! It might get scary here and there but - WOW! It will also be exhilarating! You've begun a new part of your life... your real life.

In her Intro thread, she told us she does like the Ladies. Thumbsup

LOL!!
Well yes, it's true.
I love the men folk but. . . .I have a soft spot for the ladies as well Yes
I'm doomed in SOOOO many ways it's not even funny! (But I'm having fun so far!)
[+] 3 users Like PeiPei22's post
05-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Female
Atheist

Thank you so much for the support and kind words and support, I feel like I just lifted a big weight off of my shoulders.
I try to respect my professor since you know. . . .he has control of my grade, but I realized a few weeks ago that he's a jerk. Not because he's religious but because he absolutely refuses to take any challenges to what he tells us in class. He's pushed a lot of buttons with me which I have let go in the past but this one really struck a cord with me:
To say that a traumatic event like a pregnancy as the product of rape is somehow "okay" because it involves "divine intervention" is just ridiculous on the face of it.
And not only that but that STUPID comment he made about "only one in 100 women getting pregnant from rape" just had me foaming at the mouth Angry And he had the nerve to say it as if it were a scientific fact instead of a bold face lie and actually look at us like he couldn't believe any of us would deny it.
Ironically, my Islam professor isn't Muslim. . .he's a Roman Catholic former priest Dodgy

But anyway. . .I'm not going to lie to myself and others to make myself feel better (unlike my professor). I'm not ashamed of thinking for myself, and I won't apologize for questioning anything and everything that doesn't make sense to me. I just checked my FB page and so far there hasn't been any real backlash; I'm not sure of my family/friends are just in denile or what. The ONLY person so far who agreed with my post is my godfather (hmph "godfather". . . .lol) He actually said that he was proud of me, so that definitely made my day Big Grin Maybe I shocked the rest of them into thinking or maybe they're just too shocked to respond right away. . .I dunno. I told them the air is open if they feel they need to say something to me; it won't change my mind but I can't resist a decent challenge haha
Anyway, much thanks to you and everyone else who has my back on this and thank you all for the encouraging words as well. You'll never know how much I appreciate it. To know that I'm not alone in this. . . .well, makes me feel like Superwoman :-)
[+] 2 users Like PeiPei22's post
05-11-2012, 05:10 PM
(05-11-2012 04:06 PM)PeiPei22 Wrote:  
(05-11-2012 02:24 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  In her Intro thread, she told us she does like the Ladies. Thumbsup

LOL!!
Well yes, it's true.
I love the men folk but. . . .I have a soft spot for the ladies as well Yes
I'm doomed in SOOOO many ways it's not even funny! (But I'm having fun so far!)
I think most of us here are doomed. You fit right in perfectly. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
05-11-2012, 05:40 PM
(05-11-2012 04:27 PM)PeiPei22 Wrote:  
Female
Atheist

Thank you so much for the support and kind words and support, I feel like I just lifted a big weight off of my shoulders.
I try to respect my professor since you know. . . .he has control of my grade, but I realized a few weeks ago that he's a jerk. Not because he's religious but because he absolutely refuses to take any challenges to what he tells us in class. He's pushed a lot of buttons with me which I have let go in the past but this one really struck a cord with me:
To say that a traumatic event like a pregnancy as the product of rape is somehow "okay" because it involves "divine intervention" is just ridiculous on the face of it.
And not only that but that STUPID comment he made about "only one in 100 women getting pregnant from rape" just had me foaming at the mouth Angry And he had the nerve to say it as if it were a scientific fact instead of a bold face lie and actually look at us like he couldn't believe any of us would deny it.
Ironically, my Islam professor isn't Muslim. . .he's a Roman Catholic former priest Dodgy

But anyway. . .I'm not going to lie to myself and others to make myself feel better (unlike my professor). I'm not ashamed of thinking for myself, and I won't apologize for questioning anything and everything that doesn't make sense to me. I just checked my FB page and so far there hasn't been any real backlash; I'm not sure of my family/friends are just in denile or what. The ONLY person so far who agreed with my post is my godfather (hmph "godfather". . . .lol) He actually said that he was proud of me, so that definitely made my day Big Grin Maybe I shocked the rest of them into thinking or maybe they're just too shocked to respond right away. . .I dunno. I told them the air is open if they feel they need to say something to me; it won't change my mind but I can't resist a decent challenge haha
Anyway, much thanks to you and everyone else who has my back on this and thank you all for the encouraging words as well. You'll never know how much I appreciate it. To know that I'm not alone in this. . . .well, makes me feel like Superwoman :-)
Or maybe you made so much sense you struck a cord or they are scared to take you on. I wouldn't wanna come after you on a public forum esp with some non sensical religious bs.. all they have to say is that they will pray for you .. or that this is all in gods plan.. and I think you made it pretty clear.. you did not wanna hear those words!! Good Job Lady!

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 2 users Like k37713's post
05-11-2012, 07:38 PM
(05-11-2012 11:00 AM)Halophilic Wrote:  Kickass.
For what its worth, some random person somewhere in the world you'll probably never meet thinks you're doing the right thing.
Make that two random persons.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
05-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Glad your godfather took it well, hopefully he won't be the only one.

If people say shit, just don't feel like you have to apologize for being honest. I hate it when religious people try to make me feel guilty for being honest.

I'd have lost my mind if a professor said that about rape in my presence.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2012, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2012 10:41 PM by kpax.)
Excuse me but may I borrow your balls for a minute? LOL Thumbsup

I wish I could come out. Sad I think I know when I'm going to do it too! Can't wait!!

(05-11-2012 10:53 AM)PeiPei22 Wrote:  So mad right now that I could chew bricks. . .my professor (once again) spent 20 minutes trying to convince the class that pregnancy via rape is actually "God's Will" by (once again) using the most bullsh*t evidence he could come up with. I couldn't even look at him, I was shaking so bad. I'm officially turning in my "Religion" badge as of today. As long as religions continue to pick and choose what human atrocities can be considered "God's Will", I don't want to be a part of it. Don't EVER look me in the eye and tell me that millions of people around the world are dying of thirst, starvation, disease, war, and natural disasters because it's the will of God. Don't DARE try to convince me that horrendous acts like murder, rape and female oppression get a "Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free" pass just because you claim 'It's an act of God'. I'm sick of it. Take responsibility for your own actions and stop trying to put them on someone or something else. Don't believe everything you're told and take the risk of thinking for yourself. To my friends and family, you can get mad at me, lecture me, refuse to speak to me. . . .do whatever you want, but as far as pretending to believe on centuries old, man-made superstitions and dogmas, you can stick a fork in me 'cause I'm DONE.