Female Black Atheist: Just "came out"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2012, 01:30 PM
RE: Female Black Atheist: Just "came out"
(05-11-2012 04:06 PM)PeiPei22 Wrote:  I'm doomed in SOOOO many ways it's not even funny! (But I'm having fun so far!)

Doooooooooooom Big Grin I laughed so hard reading this Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2012, 12:31 AM
Ok, I am curious. The title says you are a black female. You say that you were in a class on Islam? Were you in the process of converting from christianity to islam? If you were, I am wondering if a lot of black people are doing the same. I used to work security at a hotel in Northern NJ and every couple of weeks there was yet another muslim event in which they were trying to recrtuit more people. I saw many black people signing on as muslims. So many in fact, it was kind of scary. There were a few white people in the crowds, but not many. I did manage to talk to a few of them and was told that they started to realize that the bible and the christian churches were all based on bullshit. Are you of that type of crowd and just realized that all religions are bullshit or did you just need to learn about islam for school?
09-11-2012, 05:36 AM
(09-11-2012 12:31 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I was never in the process of converting to anything.
Since I was about 16, any and all interactions I had with religion were purely for observation and collecting information. Nothing more.
At the university I'm currently attending, one of the requirements to graduate is that you take and pass at least 1 religion course. At the time when I was registering for the classes I'm taking this semester, I guess I was still an "agnostic" (or as I like to call it "a reststop on the highway to atheism"). So I basically didn't believe in religion but was under the impression that it was okay to let people believe in whatever made them feel better, no matter how little evidence there is for it. Clearly I've changed my mind about that.
Originally I wanted to study Buddhism (which technically isn't really a religion and more of a philosophy for life but *shrugs*) but that class had already been filled. So my advisor was like "Well you can take a course in Roman Catholicism or a course in Islam." And neither interested me but I finally just said "Fine, I'll take Islam then." Previously, I also had many friends, one of them is my best friend actually, at my university who were Sunni Muslims and I had already been exposed to Islam before taking the class so I figured that it would pretty much be an easy A if I took it.
So basically I ended up taking this class by default lol There's no other huge reason. I knew what I was getting myself into beforehand, but I didn't know that the professor of this class was going to be a self-righteous former priest who feels like he's super special because he's a Catholic who knows all this stuff about Islam. Dodgy I hate this class, I don't agree with the information, and my professor is a jerk who is constantly interrupting people and trying to back up not only Islam but his own religious views with bogus "pseudo-science" and does not even allow for a single person to challenge him on any of his claims. But once I past this "fairy tale" course, I'll never have to deal with him again. . . . Smartass
[+] 1 user Likes PeiPei22's post
09-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Religion poisons everything

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
09-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Alright now hold on there.. slow down a moment..
your leaving out something very important.
Here..... come pull up a chair next to Uncle Drew and have a drink!
*sets down couple of shot glasses and a bottle of vodka*

Welcome to freedom Pei.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 3 users Like ddrew's post