Female circumcision on the rise in the US

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2014, 01:02 PM
RE: Female circumcision on the rise in the US
(30-03-2014 11:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  How seriously are law enforcement and prosecutors taking this?

And what about millions of boys getting cut? Angry

I brought that up on Facebook once and got yelled at for it. The only difference I can see is the reason: women not being able to have an orgasm because [lolreligion] as opposed to simply [lolreligion]. I point out:
  • It's done without the person's consent.
  • It's painful.
  • There's no practical reason.
  • It's just done for religious reasons.
  • It's irreversible.
but nope, they're totally different, and how dare I make that comparison.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2014, 01:08 PM
While I don't think infant males should be circumcised there are some health benefits to male circumcision. It should be the mans choice but there are real reasons for having it done.
30-03-2014, 01:13 PM
(30-03-2014 01:08 PM)natachan Wrote:  While I don't think infant males should be circumcised there are some health benefits to male circumcision. It should be the mans choice but there are real reasons for having it done.

Those reasons are marginal, at best. Hygiene solves the problem.

If any adult male wants to be circumcised, fine - cut away.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
30-03-2014, 01:14 PM
Actually I've read lots of articles that say the health advantages to a circumcised penis are pretty much myth.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
30-03-2014, 01:15 PM
(30-03-2014 01:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 01:08 PM)natachan Wrote:  While I don't think infant males should be circumcised there are some health benefits to male circumcision. It should be the mans choice but there are real reasons for having it done.

Those reasons are marginal, at best. Hygiene solves the problem.

If any adult male wants to be circumcised, fine - cut away.

I'm with Chas on this. If you want to lob off parts of your body as an adult more power to you. But it should be the persons choice, not forced on them.
30-03-2014, 01:25 PM
(30-03-2014 01:14 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Actually I've read lots of articles that say the health advantages to a circumcised penis are pretty much myth.

I think it reduces the risk of infection by no more than about 1%...

By contrast a condom reduces the risk by about 95%.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
30-03-2014, 01:35 PM
(30-03-2014 01:25 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 01:14 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Actually I've read lots of articles that say the health advantages to a circumcised penis are pretty much myth.

I think it reduces the risk of infection by no more than about 1%...

Well, it is cleaner, in much the same way your eye would be easier to clean if you cut off your eyelid...

There is a very slight (single digit percentage points) decrease in HIV transmission (almost all other STIs are unaffected) during heterosexual penetrative vaginal intercourse only, that being the only thing with remotely credible studies.

But, condoms would actually help people, so obviously most religions are against that.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
30-03-2014, 01:38 PM
(30-03-2014 01:35 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 01:25 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  I think it reduces the risk of infection by no more than about 1%...

Well, it is cleaner, in much the same way your eye would be easier to clean if you cut off your eyelid...

There is a very slight (single digit percentage points) decrease in HIV transmission (almost all other STIs are unaffected) during heterosexual penetrative vaginal intercourse only, that being the only thing with remotely credible studies.

But, condoms would actually help people, so obviously most religions are against that.

Is it really so hard to clean your penis that you have to chop parts off? Hobo
30-03-2014, 01:40 PM
(30-03-2014 01:35 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 01:25 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  I think it reduces the risk of infection by no more than about 1%...

There is a very slight decrease in HIV transmission (most STIs are unaffected) during heterosexual penetrative vaginal intercourse only, that being the only thing with remotely credible studies.

Its not really much effort though to pull the foreskin back and give your knob a wash though, is it?

Obviously there are some conditions like phimosis and frenulum breve that can be problematic... But that's a whole other issue.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
30-03-2014, 01:47 PM
But child mutilation is traditional...dictated by our God...besides how can it hurt?

Makes me want to do some mutilation of my own Evil_monster

On another thread the story was posted of how Rabbis of a certain sect sucked the blood off of the child's penis after the circumcision Shocking

Only religion can raise a pedophile vampire to community leader. Facepalm

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post