Feminism, Rape and Immigration

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2014, 01:59 PM
RE: Feminism, Rape and Immigration
(16-08-2014 01:51 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Modern feminism isn't needed. Women do have equality. Name me one right that men have that women don't. Feminism has become a religious movement. Of course I support equality for women, I just don't think that "patriarchy" in any way describes our modern culture.

Racism is illegal too.

So there's totally no racial prejudice or discrimination or inequality anywhere anymore ever, amirite?

Come the fuck on. Are you even trying?

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like cjlr's post
16-08-2014, 02:00 PM
(16-08-2014 01:51 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Modern feminism isn't needed. Women do have equality. Name me one right that men have that women don't. Feminism has become a religious movement. Of course I support equality for women, I just don't think that "patriarchy" in any way describes our modern culture.

You know this how?

Modern feminism is often now not about legal stuff - laws are the easiest thing to change. But just like changing the law to make gay marriage legal doesn't mean that gays are accepted in society, the fact that legal equality has been achieved is not the end of the fight.

If you don't think patriarchy describes Western (and all other) cultures, why is it that womens' sport receives so little attention compared to mens' sport? Why is it that womens' salaries are not comparable to mens'?

This may seem insignificant to you and I'm sure you've got some nice bullshit explanation, but the fact is, equality does not exist, and *acceptance* of women as equals is not common. It is of great significance to those whose lives are affected by the disparity, and feminism - the movement that says "Yes, women have a right to stand up for themselves" exists *because* of the disparity.

I love how you compare feminism to a religious movement while at the same time putting forward such a pathetic argument in your OP. *You* are the one ignoring facts and shoving your opinion down peoples' throats.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
16-08-2014, 02:06 PM
(16-08-2014 02:00 PM)morondog Wrote:  

You know this how?

Modern feminism is often now not about legal stuff - laws are the easiest thing to change. But just like changing the law to make gay marriage legal doesn't mean that gays are accepted in society, the fact that legal equality has been achieved is not the end of the fight.

If you don't think patriarchy describes Western (and all other) cultures, why is it that womens' sport receives so little attention compared to mens' sport? Why is it that womens' salaries are not comparable to mens'?

This may seem insignificant to you and I'm sure you've got some nice bullshit explanation, but the fact is, equality does not exist, and *acceptance* of women as equals is not common. It is of great significance to those whose lives are affected by the disparity, and feminism - the movement that says "Yes, women have a right to stand up for themselves" exists *because* of the disparity.

I love how you compare feminism to a religious movement while at the same time putting forward such a pathetic argument in your OP. *You* are the one ignoring facts and shoving your opinion down peoples' throats.

Exactly. The most insidious part, is that people can take part in sexism without ever realizing, or identifying, as sexist. There are many cases where women discriminate against other woman, because they are just as suspect to the same social and cultural influences as men are. Being a modern feminist means pointing out the disparity, and having the audacity to say that we can do better. It is hardly a threatening movement, unless you are threatened by ideas and self reflection.
[+] 8 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
16-08-2014, 02:32 PM
(16-08-2014 01:44 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 01:40 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  You distort facts to demean feminism and don't respond when people point out your bullshit. That's pretty damn misogynistic.

So disagreeing with feminism is misogyny? So should disagreeing with MRA's be misandry?

If anyone is sexist it is you multicultural leftists. I want to stop Islam and preserve the rights of women in our society. If to not argee with an ideology is misogynistic then it is those who do not agree with counter-Jihad who are misogynists.
[Image: islamicsexist.jpg]

It's cute that you think that just being anti-Islamic is somehow enough to give your bullshit a pass... Facepalm

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-08-2014, 07:49 PM
Related: http://m.tickld.com/x/next-time-someone-...-show-them

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 6 users Like Colourcraze's post
17-08-2014, 08:11 AM
Yes, you don't even have to know about seism to participate in it. You don't even have to know you hate women to be a misogynist.

You don't have to believe in Satan to be under his influence.

Same fucking thing. It is like arguing with fundamentalists.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
17-08-2014, 08:22 AM
(17-08-2014 08:11 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Yes, you don't even have to know about seism to participate in it. You don't even have to know you hate women to be a misogynist.

Hmmm... and yet, there is that abortion of an OP, grounded in deliberately manipulated "facts" and poor reading comprehension Consider There have been several considered replies to your ranting, which you have conveniently ignored. Nice going kid, you're gonna be a grown up troll in no time.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
17-08-2014, 11:05 AM
(17-08-2014 08:11 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Yes, you don't even have to know about seism to participate in it. You don't even have to know you hate women to be a misogynist.

Oh boy aren't you the astute observer. Indeed, mystical devil worship is exactly like cultural influence.
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
17-08-2014, 03:00 PM
A long time ago, on an internet far far away... There was a misguided OP who managed to recognize where he went wrong, and actually made concessions. It may just be a legend, but I hope to see something like that one day.
[+] 8 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
17-08-2014, 04:43 PM
Quote:Why is it that womens' salaries are not comparable to mens'?

If women had a little more ambition and went into higher paying jobs than maybe they would have comparable salaries.

[Image: oscar.png]