Feminism, Rape and Immigration

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Re: RE: Feminism, Rape and Immigration
(18-08-2014 07:18 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(18-08-2014 07:08 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am a bit disappointed at your view Muffs.

Women don't invest enough time and effort as men...I don't think that's quite accurate.

Why? Because I don't believe one gender is better than the other and believe that there are work related issues among both genders (as well as race and sexuality) and that to focus on one gender is not a good way to go about achieving equality?
ie: Why are there very few primary school male teachers? At my primary school there were none in fact. The only male on the whole staff was the care-taker.
Is it because male primary school teachers are frowned upon? Like "look, he wants to teach little kids, he must be a pedophile"?

I guess I'm in the same mind as Ato, I don't see the point in feminism when something more inclusive of all people is far more desirable.

Those are equally issues inclusive to feminism. That's what makes arguments against feminism continually idiotic. Feminism does include issues of all gender inequality in areas of legitimate discrimination.

But just like when having to explain it to Christians. Showing how you have more power and benefits, and say you shouldn't, isn't discriminating. It's acknowledging the imbalance.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2014, 08:26 PM
RE: Feminism, Rape and Immigration
(17-08-2014 03:00 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  A long time ago, on an internet far far away... There was a misguided OP who managed to recognize where he went wrong, and actually made concessions. It may just be a legend, but I hope to see something like that one day.
I can think of a couple times when this happened here, but that was years ago. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
18-08-2014, 08:28 PM
(18-08-2014 08:26 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 03:00 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  A long time ago, on an internet far far away... There was a misguided OP who managed to recognize where he went wrong, and actually made concessions. It may just be a legend, but I hope to see something like that one day.
I can think of a couple times when this happened here, but that was years ago. Consider

Tell us of the before time, of the long long ago.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
18-08-2014, 09:14 PM
(18-08-2014 07:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Perhaps. But can you say without a doubt that it's due to feminist groups?
It in part no doubt is, but I would say external factors and peoples personal experience (such as their wife working or whatever) is far more powerful than someone waving a picket sign around.

I can say without a doubt that most activism does not consist of waving a picket sign around. I remain unable to conceive of where you got such an impression.

I can also say without a doubt that acceptance and attainment of gender wage equality has been aided by groups advocating gender wage equality, and I can further say without a doubt that groups advocating gender wage equality are by definition feminists. QED.

You were saying?

(18-08-2014 07:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:That's an idiotic response. Which assumption would you care to substantiate first?

That you know what people are and are not "marching" for?
That said marching must be exclusive?
That "marching" is a sufficient to characterise all action and activism?

It's okay; we'll wait.

"Marching" is a metaphor.

Yes, I figured as much.

Wherever, then, did you draw the frankly deranged assumption that people are only capable of caring about and advocating for one thing at a time?

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
18-08-2014, 10:44 PM
(18-08-2014 04:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The issue doesn't have to be something huge like trying to solve the Israel-Palestine conflict, it can be something simple like child poverty in your own country. Instead of marching for middle income women to get a 10% pay increase, why not march for the welfare family that can't afford to send their child to school with lunch?

Precisely. Not huge. Something like responding to people dismissing the problem in an internet forum - every little helps. And why should it be *instead of* rather than *as well as*? I personally hate marching, I only did it once and it was fucking pointless.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
07-09-2014, 05:35 PM
(14-08-2014 09:04 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Maybe, just maybe, feminists are supporting immigration to drive up rape rates and win support.

I am always scared to say something like this. Maybe because I am afraid it could be right.

But I think that only the real dangerous radicals are like that.

I think feminism does have an effect on rape. When feminism drips into a culture, and creates a generation of betas with no idea how to talk to a woman, as compliments can be considered harassment, you create a huge number of sexually-frustrated men because they can't even get close to a woman. Involuntary celibacy fucks up the male mind, and could also explain the extreme level of paedophilia in priesthood, and the increased number of school shooters recently.

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
[+] 1 user Likes spinosauruskin's post
07-09-2014, 10:19 PM
(07-09-2014 05:35 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  
(14-08-2014 09:04 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Maybe, just maybe, feminists are supporting immigration to drive up rape rates and win support.

I am always scared to say something like this. Maybe because I am afraid it could be right.

I think feminism does have an effect on rape. When feminism drips into a culture, and creates a generation of betas with no idea how to talk to a woman, as compliments can be considered harassment, you create a huge number of sexually-frustrated men because they can't even get close to a woman. Involuntary celibacy fucks up the male mind, and could also explain the extreme level of paedophilia in priesthood, and the increased number of school shooters recently.

Seems like anti-feminism drives up the rates of frustrated men with their heads up their asses. Dodgy If you can't get close to a woman is it the woman's fault for being hard to get, or *your* goddamn fault for being a weiner that no self-respecting chick would touch with a ten foot pole?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
07-09-2014, 10:27 PM
(07-09-2014 05:35 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  

I'm sorry, but...

What the fuck are you talking about? Are you SERIOUSLY correlating feminism with immigration, rape, AND pedophilia?

Men can't compliment woman... For fucks sake you couldn't be projecting anymore if you tried.

Acceptable compliment: You are very pretty.

Unacceptable compliment: Nice ass.

Oh my how will men ever convey their intentions now Rolleyes .
[+] 5 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
07-09-2014, 11:06 PM
I can't do this thread based in title alone,

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
08-09-2014, 12:11 AM
(07-09-2014 10:27 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 05:35 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  I am always scared to say something like this. Maybe because I am afraid it could be right.

I'm sorry, but...

What the fuck are you talking about? Are you SERIOUSLY correlating feminism with immigration, rape, AND pedophilia?

Men can't compliment woman... For fucks sake you couldn't be projecting anymore if you tried.

Acceptable compliment: You are very pretty.

Unacceptable compliment: Nice ass.

Oh my how will men ever convey their intentions now Rolleyes .

How was I projecting? That doesn't make sense.
http://youtu.be/0dVc1mDxMik
"Beautiful" was unacceptable for these feminists apparently.
Am I connecting feminism with paedophilia? No. I said that involuntary celibacy is damaging to the male brain. That's religion causing that one. However, feminism is kind of a religion.

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.