Feminism, Rape and Immigration

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2014, 05:21 PM
RE: Feminism, Rape and Immigration
(09-09-2014 05:05 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  Okay, it seems I have enough to now dismiss the rape stats being caused by feminists actively increasing rape. I now have no reason to accept that.
Turns out that another speculative explanation I had accounts for it.

"spinosauruskin Wrote:And the way feminists have watered down the definition of rape to "any vaginal sex" for some, or killing female players in multiplayer video games (I'm not kidding) may also be a factor. Obviously, as I always have to say, not all feminists think that. But some do. That is all that is required.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_Sweden
And this one has evidence.

Res, it was an interesting idea, but this one turned out to be more benign. Really, I'm glad.

That has been debunked several times recently. BTW "some do and that's all that's required" is a very foolish statement to make and makes you look more and more like a troll. By that standard a vocal minority (even a minority of 1) can completely derail any groups message. No my friend you must show that actual action was taken on that before you can paint a movement with that brush.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
09-09-2014, 05:46 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 05:50 PM by spinosauruskin.)
(09-09-2014 05:21 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 05:05 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  Okay, it seems I have enough to now dismiss the rape stats being caused by feminists actively increasing rape. I now have no reason to accept that.
Turns out that another speculative explanation I had accounts for it.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_Sweden
And this one has evidence.

Res, it was an interesting idea, but this one turned out to be more benign. Really, I'm glad.

That has been debunked several times recently. BTW "some do and that's all that's required" is a very foolish statement to make and makes you look more and more like a troll. By that standard a vocal minority (even a minority of 1) can completely derail any groups message. No my friend you must show that actual action was taken on that before you can paint a movement with that brush.

The "some do and that is all that is required" was actually more to do with individuals, and that interactions with radfems may have caused it. I quote-mined myself Weeping
All I was saying is that there are some feminists who expand the definition of rape. To this extent it has happened in Sweden. This explains the unusually high "rape" stats.

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
09-09-2014, 05:54 PM
(09-09-2014 05:46 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 05:21 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  That has been debunked several times recently. BTW "some do and that's all that's required" is a very foolish statement to make and makes you look more and more like a troll. By that standard a vocal minority (even a minority of 1) can completely derail any groups message. No my friend you must show that actual action was taken on that before you can paint a movement with that brush.

The "some do and that is all that is required" was actually more to do with individuals, and that interactions with radfems may have caused it. I quote-mined myself Weeping
All I was saying is that there are some feminists who expand the definition of rape. To this extent it has happened in Sweden. This explains the unusually high "rape" stats.

The Swedish standard should be universal rather than lumping serial rape together into 1 offense each act is considered separately. Yes it raises the rate but when the same standard is applied Sweden is actually on the low end of the scale.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
10-09-2014, 12:00 AM
(09-09-2014 05:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The Swedish standard should be universal rather than lumping serial rape together into 1 offense each act is considered separately. Yes it raises the rate but when the same standard is applied Sweden is actually on the low end of the scale.

Yeah, and that means we agree and are on the same page now. I think I am just going to keep my distance from threads on feminism from now on. I am just tired of the shaming language thrown.

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
13-09-2014, 11:33 PM
(09-09-2014 01:32 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Actually, in response to spino's post I actually am an aspie too. So seriously fuck off with your personal attacks EK.

I'll fuck off whenever you get a clue dickhead.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]