Feminism, Rape and Immigration

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2014, 10:08 AM
RE: Feminism, Rape and Immigration
(16-08-2014 08:51 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 04:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  So? Then you can critique her personally, take her on point by point. But you seem unable to paint in anything but broad brush strokes. If the debate on Gaza taught us anything, it's lack you lack the ability to deal in nuance.

So the situation in Saudi Arabia for women is terribly repressive. How does that at all negate or counter Annita's critique of western videogame culture? It's a non sequiter, your logic simply doesn't follow. Just because woman are being repressed in the middle east doesn't mean the objectification of women in western gamer culture is not a conversation worth having.

Just remember folks, anyone that disagrees with Res Publica is nothing more than a bleeding heart liberal, and that makes them wrong because reasons... Facepalm

Because sexual objectification is bullshit. The prime directive in just about any successful species is to reproduce. Humans reproduce sexually. People looks at each other in a sexual way isn't even a negative thing. It means that prudery is less of an issue and people are more sexually free. Like I said, if you think there is an inbalance in sexy portayals of women and men then why not put more shirtless men in video games? I could support that. Why must we remove the sexy women?

The problem is when a woman's sex appeal becomes her primary character attribute. Think Bond girls. Male characters have depth and female characters, alarmingly often, do not. They are "objects", in that they exist solely for the audience's and the protagonist's pleasure.

Read. A. Book.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
16-08-2014, 10:33 AM
The only connection between sexuality and rape, is that rape is a terroristic behavior which utilizes the act of sex as a weapon. The effect of this single action can have serious exponential repercussions and can be categorized as a strategic weapon and in fact has been utilized as such, several times in history.

Genghis Khan used it profusely. Anywhere they went, his entire army was ordered to rape every female aged 7 and up, during all initial sacking of villages and cities. Much of this was purposely designed to be witnessed and recorded; random females were order to be dragged into the street and publicly raped. Try living through that.

I have to wonder if people like Res Republica must think the "lucky ones" were raped in private. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
16-08-2014, 11:21 AM
(15-08-2014 08:46 AM)kim Wrote:  
(15-08-2014 07:15 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  ... you should support my ideas on ending Moslem immigration.

I had no idea so many Muslims were moving to Canada. But then... I had no idea there was such a racist, misogynist, cunt like Res Publica living there, either.

I say we nuke Canada; it seems to be the problem area. Drinking Beverage

Hey man not cool, I'm living here too!Weeping

A decent sniper though would handle this problem easy, though he is gonna have to aim for the chest as I don't think a headshot would do him much use.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
16-08-2014, 11:45 AM
(16-08-2014 10:08 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Read. A. Book.

I do enjoy that admonition.

[Image: proud-of-you-i-am-thumb.jpg]

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
16-08-2014, 01:34 PM
(16-08-2014 10:33 AM)kim Wrote:  The only connection between sexuality and rape, is that rape is a terroristic behavior which utilizes the act of sex as a weapon. The effect of this single action can have serious exponential repercussions and can be categorized as a strategic weapon and in fact has been utilized as such, several times in history.

Genghis Khan used it profusely. Anywhere they went, his entire army was ordered to rape every female aged 7 and up, during all initial sacking of villages and cities. Much of this was purposely designed to be witnessed and recorded; random females were order to be dragged into the street and publicly raped. Try living through that.

I have to wonder if people like Res Republica must think the "lucky ones" were raped in private. Dodgy

You keep calling me a misogynist, yet I have said nothing misogynistic. All I have said is that I don't agree with your ideology and don't think feminism is at all effective at reducing rape. I have also speculated as to what turned feminism from an admirable egalitarian movement into a totalitarian mass movement.

The idea that rape is not sexual is a dogmatic ideological view, not one that is factual. We don't actually know what exactly causes people to rape, and to claim that you do is disingenuous. As is the picture you are trying to paint of me as some sort of Todd Akin.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
16-08-2014, 01:40 PM
(16-08-2014 01:34 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  You keep calling me a misogynist, yet I have said nothing misogynistic.

You distort facts to demean feminism and don't respond when people point out your bullshit. That's pretty damn misogynistic.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
[+] 1 user Likes Elder Cunningham's post
16-08-2014, 01:43 PM
(16-08-2014 01:34 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  You keep calling me a misogynist, yet I have said nothing misogynistic. All I have said is that I don't agree with your ideology and don't think feminism is at all effective at reducing rape. I have also speculated as to what turned feminism from an admirable egalitarian movement into a totalitarian mass movement.

The idea that rape is not sexual is a dogmatic ideological view, not one that is factual. We don't actually know what exactly causes people to rape, and to claim that you do is disingenuous. As is the picture you are trying to paint of me as some sort of Todd Akin.

Well done on learning the long words. You've really caught the tone of the kind of language that is used in a debate. You're doing really well.

Next step is to put the words together into sentences that actually mean something.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
16-08-2014, 01:44 PM
(16-08-2014 01:40 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 01:34 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  You keep calling me a misogynist, yet I have said nothing misogynistic.

You distort facts to demean feminism and don't respond when people point out your bullshit. That's pretty damn misogynistic.

So disagreeing with feminism is misogyny? So should disagreeing with MRA's be misandry?

If anyone is sexist it is you multicultural leftists. I want to stop Islam and preserve the rights of women in our society. If to not argee with an ideology is misogynistic then it is those who do not agree with counter-Jihad who are misogynists.
[Image: islamicsexist.jpg]

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

16-08-2014, 01:47 PM
(16-08-2014 01:44 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  So disagreeing with feminism is misogyny? So should disagreeing with MRA's be misandry?

So you don't think women should have equality? Yes, that's pretty misogynistic. Because that's what feminism is, despite any attempt by people to label it otherwise.

Quote:If anyone is sexist it is you multicultural leftists. I want to stop Islam and preserve the rights of women in our society. If to not argee with an ideology is misogynistic then it is those who do not agree with counter-Jihad who are misogynists.

Impressive avoidance here. I note you still aren't acknowledging that your whole argument about Sweden is based on several faulty premises, all that have been pointed out to you yet you have ignored every single one.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
[+] 2 users Like Elder Cunningham's post
16-08-2014, 01:51 PM
(16-08-2014 01:47 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 01:44 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  So disagreeing with feminism is misogyny? So should disagreeing with MRA's be misandry?

So you don't think women should have equality? Yes, that's pretty misogynistic. Because that's what feminism is, despite any attempt by people to label it otherwise.

Quote:If anyone is sexist it is you multicultural leftists. I want to stop Islam and preserve the rights of women in our society. If to not argee with an ideology is misogynistic then it is those who do not agree with counter-Jihad who are misogynists.

Impressive avoidance here. I note you still aren't acknowledging that your whole argument about Sweden is based on several faulty premises, all that have been pointed out to you yet you have ignored every single one.

Modern feminism isn't needed. Women do have equality. Name me one right that men have that women don't. Feminism has become a religious movement. Of course I support equality for women, I just don't think that "patriarchy" in any way describes our modern culture.