Feminism fucked up our women.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2013, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2013 12:56 PM by Dark Light.)
Feminism fucked up our women.
So, I am for equal treatment, equal pay for equal work and all that jazz, I ain't a caveman, but traditional societal roles have some benefits. Since the women starting burning their brassieres and working steady jobs it really threw a wrench (spanner) in the works though. The rippling effects are still pretty apparent to me many decades later, we as Western society are still trying to figure this out. 70 years ago our roles were pretty well defined on the most part, and although not everyone was happy with their given role, and some broke with tradition, it made us more efficient, and there was probably a lot fewer fights between spouses about who does what chores. This has been a problem between my wife and I in the past, but now we pretty much know our roles, but occasionally she ticks me off. She doesn't hesitate to let me know that mowing the yard, taking out the trash, or fixing broken things is, and I quote "The man's job." Honestly I have no problem with this whatsoever; especially now that I am a full-tme student and have more time off. But, when I was active duty military I'd work anywhere from 50 hours a week during the good times, to working over a hundred hours a week during the time in which I just wanted to drink myself to death. Now, the problem is when I ask her to do "women's work". She is quick to retort "This ain't the 1800's anymore!"....this argument never really works because I remind her that I wash all the dishes and do the lion's share of the cooking as well and then she may or may not relent. The thing is I don't think this is uncommon, I've heard similar sentiments from other women. What the fuck? As a man in this situation I feel as if she is asking me to do my load of the work, and then do half of hers as well. This was especially the case when I was active duty and she had no job. Am I justified in my feelings? I'd be particularly interested in hearing some thoughts from the ladies on the forum. Oh, one other quick gripe...every time I hear ladies, including my own talk about their men being romantic, opening doors, paying for expensive restaurants all I picture in my head is my wife saying "This ain't the 1800's anymore!" You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2013, 12:57 PM
RE: Feminism fucked up our women.
(28-02-2013 12:53 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Like hell I can't Dodgy

I can't say I agree with a single thing you're saying, but I ain't married to you, so it's no skin off my (or your) nose. Yes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
28-02-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm inclined to agree dude. It fucks me off as well when some women (not all by any means, but some) call any old-fashioned attitudes sexist but then parcel off certain things as "men's work".

Personally I think there are two types of feminism. The first one, I support fully. It refers to the views of most of the women (and men) on the planet that both genders are equal. The second, I totally reject. It refers to the minority of women who believe that women should be way out in front and fight for that goal under the guise of equality, they also fight trivial things that are irrelevant, both to equality and life. The second group are the problem, not the first one.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
28-02-2013, 01:15 PM
Okay, I said I didn't agree and I'm not going into this, because it's a whole lot of hooey, but "our women"? Really? Really?!

[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
28-02-2013, 01:22 PM
I think that if I referred to my colleagues or flatmates as "my women" they would be terribly offended.

But if I say "my girls"... no problem. That's when they go all kinda giggly and flirty.

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
28-02-2013, 01:23 PM
(28-02-2013 01:15 PM)Vera Wrote:  Okay, I said I didn't agree and I'm not going into this, because it's a whole lot of hooey, but "our women"? Really? Really?!
See, this is what I'm talking about, you didn't have a problem with me saying

Dark Light Wrote:I hear ladies, including my own talk about their men being romantic

now did you?

28-02-2013, 01:24 PM
[Image: feminist_humanist.jpg]

That is all. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 10 users Like Vosur's post
28-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Dark Light, there wasn't a single thing in your post I agreed with. Happy now?

(And I've never in my life called anyone "mine", much less so an entire gender.)

DLJ, when you're talking about a specific woman/group of women, you can call them whatever you want to (and whatever they aren't gonna kill you over Tongue ), but calling the whole gender "our women". Like I said - really?!

28-02-2013, 01:31 PM
(28-02-2013 01:26 PM)Vera Wrote:  Dark Light, there wasn't a single thing in your post I agreed with. Happy now?

(And I've never in my life called anyone "mine", much less so an entire gender.)

DLJ, when you're talking about a specific woman/group of women, you can call them whatever you want to (and whatever they aren't gonna kill you over Tongue ), but calling the whole gender "our women". Like I said - really?!
Yeah, I don't know what it is that you don't agree with though?

As for the possessive speech, it is just one of my speech patterns that is common where I am from, you are reading wayyy to much into it. I wasn't trying to imply that men own women.

28-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Damnit Vosur, you and your silly "making sense". xD

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post