Feminism fucked up our women.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2013, 01:38 PM
RE: Feminism fucked up our women.
(28-02-2013 01:31 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Yeah, I don't know what it is that you don't agree with though?
Sorry, sweet cheeks, this is a topic I'll only get into with the one I get stuck with... and if we have to get into it, we probably shouldn't be together to begin with, so - no need to have that conversation at all Angel

Also - if you don't know what is wrong about what you said, I sure as hell ain't gonna tell you Girl_nails

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2013, 01:46 PM
(28-02-2013 01:31 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  ...
As for the possessive speech, it is just one of my speech patterns that is common where I am from, you are reading wayyy to much into it. I wasn't trying to imply that men own women.

For what it's worth, when I saw the thread title, i was reminded of this... 3:18

28-02-2013, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2013 02:28 PM by Dark Light.)
@Vera, fair enough, I ain't trying to force into something.

@DLJ, Okay watched it. Now I can say fuck off, and I'd refer you to any number of my posts. It's the way I talk, I don't have some agenda to enslave people cause they happen to have titties. My wife talks the same way, and I'd never give it a second thought.

28-02-2013, 02:28 PM
Feminism freed men from being the sole person responsible for what used to be a wife and umpteen children, for their every need. Man slaves away all day at work and spends all weekend fixing the house. Man comes home from work and listens to the whining of a woman who had been home all day, scrubbing away, cooking and dealing with children. No adult to talk to. Man comes home, woman wants to talk to a thinking adult. Man is tired from work and not into it. Marriage is forever and there are no two ways about it, so you either resign into a miserable life or try to battle it out.
If man battles it out and wins, he comes home to a peed off woman for the rest of his life. If woman wins, man has better home life but is ridiculed by his peers.
Oh yeah, the pre-feminism man had it all going for him.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
28-02-2013, 02:41 PM

Drinking Beverage

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
28-02-2013, 04:24 PM
(28-02-2013 12:53 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  So, I am for equal treatment, equal pay for equal work and all that jazz, I ain't a caveman, but traditional societal roles have some benefits. Since the women starting burning their brassieres and working steady jobs it really threw a wrench (spanner) in the works though. The rippling effects are still pretty apparent to me many decades later, we as Western society are still trying to figure this out. 70 years ago our roles were pretty well defined on the most part, and although not everyone was happy with their given role, and some broke with tradition, it made us more efficient, and there was probably a lot fewer fights between spouses about who does what chores. This has been a problem between my wife and I in the past, but now we pretty much know our roles, but occasionally she ticks me off. She doesn't hesitate to let me know that mowing the yard, taking out the trash, or fixing broken things is, and I quote "The man's job." Honestly I have no problem with this whatsoever; especially now that I am a full-tme student and have more time off. But, when I was active duty military I'd work anywhere from 50 hours a week during the good times, to working over a hundred hours a week during the time in which I just wanted to drink myself to death. Now, the problem is when I ask her to do "women's work". She is quick to retort "This ain't the 1800's anymore!"....this argument never really works because I remind her that I wash all the dishes and do the lion's share of the cooking as well and then she may or may not relent. The thing is I don't think this is uncommon, I've heard similar sentiments from other women. What the fuck? As a man in this situation I feel as if she is asking me to do my load of the work, and then do half of hers as well. This was especially the case when I was active duty and she had no job. Am I justified in my feelings? I'd be particularly interested in hearing some thoughts from the ladies on the forum. Oh, one other quick gripe...every time I hear ladies, including my own talk about their men being romantic, opening doors, paying for expensive restaurants all I picture in my head is my wife saying "This ain't the 1800's anymore!" You can't have your cake and eat it too.

I'm a stay-at-home mom. I cook, clean, do all the laundry, all the grocery shopping, all the shuttling kids and family members to this or that. Husband works hard so that I can stay home and do all the things he doesn't want to be bothered with. It works for us somehow. Do I wish, since I am living a more traditional role that he did take the time to be a little bit more romantic and at least appreciative for all I do? Yes. valentines and mothers day are both largely ignored...but damn if he doesn't expect his steak and blowjob when fathers day or his birthday rolls around...

He doesnt give a shit about it...even my birthday goes largely unnoticed. But he does make sure the air pressure is right on my tires -- just as he made sure that I had a safe vehicle to drive. He's practical and pragmatic. If I called him and said he needed to come right away...he would no matter where he was and woukd assume a dire emergency. If I called him to bitch that he forgot to take out the trash, he'd hang up and not answer his phone.

I don't know if feminism fucked things up or just society in general...but obviously my husband never got the memo of all the "man stuff" he's supposed to do.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-02-2013, 04:37 PM
Now that you have all had fun generalizing, two people need to work out their work/home/relationship stuff themselves. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Chas's post
28-02-2013, 04:40 PM
So because your wife is being hypocritical to get out of a bit of housework, feminists have ruined everything!

Nope. No non-sequitur here. Dodgy

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
28-02-2013, 04:43 PM
(28-02-2013 12:57 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(28-02-2013 12:53 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Like hell I can't Dodgy

I can't say I agree with a single thing you're saying, but I ain't married to you, so it's no skin off my (or your) nose. Yes

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
28-02-2013, 04:43 PM
(28-02-2013 04:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  Now that you have all had fun generalizing, two people need to work out their work/home/relationship stuff themselves. Drinking Beverage

In my case after over 30 years of being together and 25 years of marriage it won't change. I'm at peace with that...I just become pissy when I'm made to feel that because I have the tits and uterus somehow I'm to blame.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon