Feminism fucked up our women.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2013, 04:47 PM
RE: Feminism fucked up our women.
(28-02-2013 04:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(28-02-2013 04:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  Now that you have all had fun generalizing, two people need to work out their work/home/relationship stuff themselves. Drinking Beverage

In my case after over 30 years of being together and 25 years of marriage it won't change. I'm at peace with that...I just become pissy when I'm made to feel that because I have the tits and uterus somehow I'm to blame.

Yeah, but you are driving a safe vehicle. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-02-2013, 04:51 PM
(28-02-2013 04:43 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  

I think I should probably sober up before responding to this. Because it sure as hell isn't making any sense right now Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
28-02-2013, 05:05 PM
(28-02-2013 04:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-02-2013 04:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  In my case after over 30 years of being together and 25 years of marriage it won't change. I'm at peace with that...I just become pissy when I'm made to feel that because I have the tits and uterus somehow I'm to blame.

Yeah, but you are driving a safe vehicle. Yes

Yanno he's terse and very deadly too. :/

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

28-02-2013, 05:18 PM
Our women? One's language may reveal more than one may be aware. No woman is yours.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
28-02-2013, 05:30 PM
[Image: kenji-feminists.jpg]

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 2 users Like Hamata k's post
28-02-2013, 05:32 PM
It's a very interesting topic in my opinion.

Has feminism failed? I'd say that would be 'No, it hasn't' but it's definitely still evolving and is still relatively new to our species.

This is an interesting article:-

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/society...15s9h.html

There are many things that require changing or altering and this process will continue to take place.

Personally, I think we have a long way to go before things are really EQUAL. There are many relationships that I've come across that are not even near equal and I think most of that comes from lack of communication and maybe expecting too much from each other.

Although there are many good things that have come from this movement, but as men and women are so different, in so many ways, there will always be room for improvement.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
28-02-2013, 05:32 PM
I see a lot of men freak out of the idea of feminism.

Personally I wish there was a better term for it. It seems like the name feminism brings up old stigmas from along time ago.

Since it's been coming up a lot lately with Men's Rights Activist's vs Feminists, I identify as a supporter of gender equality. The reason for the gender equality label is it avoids both negative views, while encompassing issues on both sides.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 7 users Like fstratzero's post
28-02-2013, 05:38 PM
(28-02-2013 05:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(28-02-2013 04:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yeah, but you are driving a safe vehicle. Yes

Yanno he's terse and very deadly too. :/

I feel your pain. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-02-2013, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2013 06:06 PM by TJLuczynski.)
Sounds more to me like you and the wife need to work on who does what rather than blame Feminism for how things might go in your house. Traditional roles? From what tradition? Surely you're not advocating what thousands of years of religious tradition dicated for women.

I hate the word "Feminism." It irks me that women had to fight under some sort of label to get the right to do what ever the fuck they needed, or wanted to do. It should be self apparant that everyone should be treated fairly---but we have the Bible, the Koran and other religious bullshit to thank for women having to fight for it.

My spouse and I are in our mid-fifties, but our kids are still teenagers. I already had a career when we married, but he made a higher salary so I stayed home when the kids came along. Didn't mean I didn't work...damn...three kids under the age of 10...and one of them disabled, many times I wish to hell I had a 9-5 to go too.

I have never given my husband some sort of "list." (Don't mind giving my teenage boys a list...the buggers aren't going to live here for FREE!) The husband worked hard, was on the road three hours a day just for the commute (Atlanta traffic), so when he got home, he got to play with the kids and relax. That's when I was able to get some "Mommie" time.

I've never been the helpless type, and I'm better at lawn work, fixing things and doing handyman shit than he is..so I've always done it. He is a city-boy. He's never hunted, fished, fixed or planted anything other than getting me pregnant 5 times. He's an engineer so if there was something electronic that needed fixing, he did it. Hell, I also did part-time work from home (writing and web development). I never sat on my ass and watched soap opera's.

I was raised in the country, learned to hunt, garden, change the oil in my car, and know enough not to get ripped off when I went to the auto repair shop. "Hey lady, you need new battery cables cause they've got oil all over them and they won't work with oil on them." Bullshit like that happens when certain men think all women are stupid. Hobo
In otherwords, my grandparents taught me to take care of my own damn self. So in our family, if there is anything I can't do, the hubby doesn't know how to do, or I don't want it screwed up so the kid's won't be asked to do it..We hire it done. End of story.

In the twenty some-odd years we've been married, I have never thought of it as some sort of compromise because neither of us have ever "demanded" shit from the other. Never had too.

Fuck "tradition." Most of that view of women doing only "housework" instead of going to a paying job and men going off to work is a myth propagated by 1950's television. Back in the day...women did what they needed to do to help the family survive. At least that's the way it has been in our families for several generations. If something was too heavy for my grandmother to lift, or push...grandpa helped, but she sure as hell wasn't helpless and she went to a job just like my grandfather. Same with the husband's parents who were immigrants from Russia...hell they all worked in textile mills till they died.
Feminism---stupid word. It's just common damn sense and RIGHT to treat people fairly no matter who thy are, and no matter what's between their legs.

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
Marilyn Monroe Drinking Beverage
[+] 3 users Like TJLuczynski's post
28-02-2013, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2013 11:20 PM by Dark Light.)
Okay, I fucking stirred the hornets nest well this time. In any case I feel the need to reiterate again, to all you motherfuckers, that where I'm from we use the possessive a lot, even when it makes no logical sense. Also, no one fucking bitched about me referring to men as belonging to women. You will also hear people who speak the same dialect as me saying things like "I'm going to get me a haircut" as oppose to "I'm going to get my haircut". We just talk funny. I've written about this before, and I even wrote a thread dedicated to the subject months ago. I didn't mean that men own women, if I hurt your feelings or pissed you off I am sorry, but that isn't what I mean to imply.

Also, I'm not saying the feminist movement was stupid or bad or anything else, like many of you I consider myself a humanist. My complaint was that as a consequence of the feminist movement there is confusion over societal roles for men and women, and specifically many women (not all by a long shot, but many) are quick to assign traditional male roles to men and think of it as sexist if the man isn't fulfilling all of his roles in addition to helping with their traditional roles. My wife falls into this category of women, but she is not alone. For example, I am the household sewer (one who sews), I tend the flower gardens, do the dishes, the cooking, and various other chores which are traditionally female chores, however when I ask my wife to do something like take the trash out she clearly states that it is "the man's job", on the other hand if I tell her something is "the woman's job" I get reminded that we "don't live in the 1800's". The an unintended consequence of the feminist movement, I've heard similar things from many other women.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post