Feminism fucked up our women.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2013, 10:32 PM
RE: Feminism fucked up our women.
The truth is women can be just as sexist as men. I've had girlfriends say the most condescending stuff about me staying home with the kids...things like, "oh I couldn't be without a career" or talk to me like I'm lazy. They act like I'm an affront to feminism because I chose to stay home.

Maybe you should just tell your wife it bothers you.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-02-2013, 10:47 PM
(28-02-2013 05:32 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I see a lot of men freak out of the idea of feminism.

Personally I wish there was a better term for it. It seems like the name feminism brings up old stigmas from along time ago.

Since it's been coming up a lot lately with Men's Rights Activist's vs Feminists, I identify as a supporter of gender equality. The reason for the gender equality label is it avoids both negative views, while encompassing issues on both sides.
I have a better word - equality.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
28-02-2013, 10:58 PM
(28-02-2013 10:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The truth is women can be just as sexist as men. I've had girlfriends say the most condescending stuff about me staying home with the kids...things like, "oh I couldn't be without a career" or talk to me like I'm lazy. They act like I'm an affront to feminism because I chose to stay home.

Maybe you should just tell your wife it bothers you.
Here's the thing, it isn't even an issue anymore. This was something that might have been a one minute argument when we were newlyweds. By now I know my role, she knows hers and everything is peachy for the most part. This is just a trend I noticed with a lot of young women in my life and in popped into my head, I thought it would be an interesting thread and I wanted input from women on the forum to see hear some other viewpoints. I did not expect to be the instant forum villain. I didn't think I was being a asshat, nor did I ever mean to imply I think of women as my property because I certainly don't. Whatever, I don't give a shit no more. I just wanted to get some opinions from a sociology standpoint, but I have been forced to defend against accusations of something I never intended to imply in the first place. Whatever, I'm really sick of it now...

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
28-02-2013, 11:07 PM
I enjoyed your thought-provoking post!

Don't be disheartened, DL Sleepy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
28-02-2013, 11:50 PM
It did evoke some emotions. Really DL, it's a good observation. Sorry I took the part about your wife wrong...I do see where you're coming from. I can't disagree that some women do want it both ways....

Wouldnt call ya an asshat either.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-03-2013, 12:30 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 03:45 AM by DLJ.)
(28-02-2013 02:05 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  @DLJ, Okay watched it. Now I can say fuck off, and I'd refer you to any number of my posts.

Dude, you misconstrue. No offense intended.

On mobile, I can see the thread title but not the author.
So the thought (Dawkins clip) entered my head before I knew who wrote the OP.

I grew up in the UK when political correctness was gaining traction.
And gender roles were changing.
Feminism's greatest success has been the change of language and therefore many people are now sensitive to e.g. workman vs. worker.

I married a model who, I later discovered, expected to live a life as a 'pet' and not a 'partner'. I needed a partner.

Now I have partners. All is good.

It is a good topic for debate. Thanks for starting it.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
01-03-2013, 12:31 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 12:36 AM by DLJ.)
(28-02-2013 02:05 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  @DLJ, Okay watched it. Now I can say fuck off, and I'd refer you to any number of my posts.
Dude, you misconstrue. No offense intended.

On mobile, I can see the thread title but not the author.

So the thought (Dawkins clip) entered my head before I knew who wrote the OP.

I grew up in the UK when political correctness was gaining traction.
And gender roles were changing.
Feminism's greatest success has been the change of language and therefore many people are now sensitive to e.g. workman vs. worker.

I married a model who, I later discovered, expected to live a life as a 'pet' and not a 'partner'. I needed a partner.

Now I have partners. All is good.

It is a good topic for debate. Thanks for starting it.

01-03-2013, 01:09 AM
(28-02-2013 01:26 PM)Vera Wrote:  Dark Light, there wasn't a single thing in your post I agreed with. Happy now?

(And I've never in my life called anyone "mine", much less so an entire gender.)

DLJ, when you're talking about a specific woman/group of women, you can call them whatever you want to (and whatever they aren't gonna kill you over Tongue ), but calling the whole gender "our women". Like I said - really?!
The example speaks! Big Grin

Come on, DL, you must've known you were sticking yer finger into the light socket with this one. Tongue

Women - they're just a different species. One thing evolution got wrong. Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-03-2013, 01:24 AM
(01-03-2013 01:09 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(28-02-2013 01:26 PM)Vera Wrote:  Dark Light, there wasn't a single thing in your post I agreed with. Happy now?

(And I've never in my life called anyone "mine", much less so an entire gender.)

DLJ, when you're talking about a specific woman/group of women, you can call them whatever you want to (and whatever they aren't gonna kill you over Tongue ), but calling the whole gender "our women". Like I said - really?!
The example speaks! Big Grin

Come on, DL, you must've known you were sticking yer finger into the light socket with this one. Tongue

Women - they're just a different species. One thing evolution got wrong. Dodgy

Blasphemer ! Tell that to you-know-who.
One more of those, and you go to the prophet naughty chair. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
01-03-2013, 02:08 AM
(01-03-2013 01:09 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The example speaks!

I sure as hell hope you didn't just call me an "example"... Because "failed experiment" would better fit the bill.

Quote:Women - they're just a different species. One thing evolution got wrong.

"It just shows you what women are like. A frightful sex, Bertie. There ought to be a law. I hope to live to see the day when women are no longer allowed."

"'Women, Jeeves!'
'Yes, sir,"
"What a sex!'
'Yes, sir.'
'I mean, what a sex!"

Wodehouse has a whole bunch of those. Love the guy Smartass

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."