Feminism fucked up our women.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2013, 08:18 AM
RE: Feminism fucked up our women.
There are two aspects to this (at least!). In public life women can now vote, hold managerial jobs etc, albeit with second class pay and less chances of promotion. Business is still for the most part male.
Yet women are supposed to stay home when someone is sick, men are not expected to care for the ill. Women are still expected to do all the housework on top of their jobs, and they are still held responsible for the well being and behavior of the kids. Women are still expected to feed everyone. We have "wonder woman", she can do it all, work and take care of the family.
Men with working wives are slow to transition to actual equality in everyday life.
That said, the second aspect is that individuals are free to make any living arrangement they are both comfortable with. No longer is the house husband frowned upon, any type arrangement regarding work and house work and raising children is ok.
If you are not happy with your situation, you need to negotiate it. If you can't arrive at a mutually agreeable situation, you haven't found the right partner.
House wife or working woman - it's all good as long as both partners are comfortable with it and can distribute day to day chores in a mutually agreeable way. There are no rules.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
01-03-2013, 09:20 AM
My wife takes out the trash, does the laundry, does the cooking, cleans the house, mows the yard and works. I take out the trash, do the laundry, do the cooking, clean the house, mow the yard and work. She does almost all the shopping and I do almost all the maintenance. Some of the other chores are skewed more toward her than I and vice versa because there are certain things that one or the other of us is either better at or simply don't like doing. It works out great.

But it's still not fair, because she has half the money in our relationship and ALL the pussy.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like bbeljefe's post
01-03-2013, 12:58 PM
I am so much better off without these topics...

Although, I did see that HoC has returned! At least something smart in this thread.

[Image: Feminismradicalnotion-1.jpeg]

I love feminists, even ugly women need some love.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
01-03-2013, 03:57 PM
(28-02-2013 04:40 PM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  So because your wife is being hypocritical to get out of a bit of housework, feminists have ruined everything!

Nope. No non-sequitur here. Dodgy

Sorry, but he never said feminism ruined EVERYTHING (unless I read wrong). He is only taking about how the feminist movement can be used as an excuse to get out of doing shit. Personally, I am all for equality. However, I am not for using the banner of equality to get a free lunch.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
01-03-2013, 06:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 06:10 PM by Dark Light.)
@A2

Actually A2, that wasn't exactly it. What I was getting at was some women only see traditional gender roles one way. That is, they see it as sexist when they are asked to do something that has been traditionally a female chore, but don't think twice about assigning "men's work" to men. I don't think the majority of the women who do this are trying to scam their way out of work, they honestly don't see a problem with what they are saying and have some difficulty removing them self from the situation and viewing it from an unbiased third perspective if that makes any sense.

@HoC

Seems most of the condemnation came from the title of the thread, something I gave very little thought to, so no, I didn't expect that. Maybe a little controversy, but not what I got.

@DLJ

Okay, fine, but if I told you your words on women reminded me of the attitudes of a middle-eastern Muslim man who condemns men allowing women to wear clothes wouldn't you take offense?

01-03-2013, 08:07 PM
(01-03-2013 06:06 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  @A2

Actually A2, that wasn't exactly it. What I was getting at was some women only see traditional gender roles one way. That is, they see it as sexist when they are asked to do something that has been traditionally a female chore, but don't think twice about assigning "men's work" to men. I don't think the majority of the women who do this are trying to scam their way out of work, they honestly don't see a problem with what they are saying and have some difficulty removing them self from the situation and viewing it from an unbiased third perspective if that makes any sense.

@HoC

Seems most of the condemnation came from the title of the thread, something I gave very little thought to, so no, I didn't expect that. Maybe a little controversy, but not what I got.

@DLJ

Okay, fine, but if I told you your words on women reminded me of the attitudes of a middle-eastern Muslim man who condemns men allowing women to wear clothes wouldn't you take offense?

Wether intentional or not, they claim they want equality, yet they do the same thing they preach against: assigning roles to genders.

feminists( the hardcore misandrist kinds) purposefully try to get payback at the male gender by consistently calling them sexist pigs and when they get called out on their sexism,
They say we are the sexist ones again to call them out on it. Those kinds of feminists, I absolutely can't stand. I am for equality, I am not, however, for dragging the male gender low enough for females to be considered, by them, equals.

You are right about your message, thanks for correcting my mistake!

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
01-03-2013, 08:19 PM
I think on the gender role subject. I think there is no reason male female or otherwise should conform to gender roles at all.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
02-03-2013, 12:50 AM
(01-03-2013 06:06 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  ...
@DLJ

Nope. I am unoffendable.

If I had said, or written, something deliberately (ironically or provocatively) I would go into smug-mode because I had elicited a desired reaction.

If I had said something thoughtlessly (instinctively), I would be stopped in my tracks and start an analysis to work out why my words had triggered such an unexpected reaction.

I would think about why something, that is socially / culturally acceptable to me, would be eye-brow raising to someone else.

These moments do happen and they are useful for self-awareness. So I actually welcome them.

Again, no personal offense intended. My reaction was to the words, not the author.