Feminism's doublespeak with perpetual victimhood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2015, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2015 06:56 PM by NoSkyDaddy.)
RE: Feminism's doublespeak with perpetual victimhood
(25-03-2015 07:10 AM)Firefly3000 Wrote:  Perhaps FEMinists would like to try and do something about that. Oh wait, that doesn't quite go with the narrative of woman as perpetual victim. Can't have that now can we.
Perhaps we would. As a man and a feminist, I do think are laws need to be updated to reflect the changes is society. I try to undermine both sides of patriarchal stereotypes, because, they cut both ways. Saying that "men are the bread winners", and that "women are the care givers" pigeonholes people by gender and doesn't allow for complete human development, BUT, that's not the conversation you started.

If you had started the thread with: "I feel that the laws surrounding divorce settlements are based on outdated social customs and result in inequitable burdens on men as well as reinforcing malformed ideas that women are incapable or inferior. Society and the workforce have changed and the old patriarchal family paradigms have changed.
What do you think?", then maybe you would have found more agreement, or, at the very least opened an opportunity for those who disagree with you to think twice.

The fact that you spend the vast majority of your words vomiting vitriol towards feminists says much about you.

Feminists, like me, do care about gender equality issues these issues. Most of the women I know are what I would classify as feminists. When discussing stereotypes and double standards I often mention how these things don't just benefit men at women's expense, but, also have nasty negative effects on men as well. I don't think I've ever had a woman disagree. But, YOU are a "MENinist", and that doesn't quite go with the narrative of woman as perpetual victim, does it?.

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like NoSkyDaddy's post
25-03-2015, 12:15 PM
(25-03-2015 12:10 PM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 07:10 AM)Firefly3000 Wrote:  Perhaps FEMinists would like to try and do something about that. Oh wait, that doesn't quite go with the narrative of woman as perpetual victim. Can't have that now can we.
Perhaps we would. As a man and a feminist, I do think are laws need to be updated to reflect the changes is society. I try to undermine both sides of patriarchal stereotypes, because, they cut both ways. Saying that "men are the bread winners", and that "women are the care givers" pigeonholes people by gender and doesn't allow for complete human development, BUT, that's not the conversation you started.

If you had started the thread with: "I feel that the laws surrounding divorce settlements are based on outdated social customs and result in inequitable burdens on men as well as reinforcing malformed ideas that women are incapable or inferior. Society and the workforce have changed and the old patriarchal family paradigms have changed.
What do you think?", then maybe you would have found more agreement, or, at the very least opened an opportunity for those who disagree with you to think twice.

The fact that you spend the vast majority of your words vomiting vitriol towards feminists says much about you.

Feminists, like me, do care about gender equality issues these issues. Most of the women I know are what I would classify as feminists. I when discussing stereotypes and double standards I often mention how these things don't just benefit men at women's expense, but, also have nasty negative effects on men as well. I don't think I've ever had a woman disagree. But, YOU are a "MENinist, and that doesn't quite go with the narrative of woman as perpetual victim, does it?.

[Image: Triple-facepalm.jpg]
25-03-2015, 12:20 PM
Firefly just beatRes in his ignorance of feminism, and this is coming from a person who is not a feminist

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
25-03-2015, 12:21 PM
Ahh shit. Apparently this tool is 12 - I take back my recommendation for going to Happy Massage. He's at the "do you like me, check yes or no" stage. You need to focus on learning pre-algebra and types of rocks, you've got ctrl+c mastered. Now run along and play. Be home before dusk.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post
25-03-2015, 12:23 PM
Hmmm...

So firefly agrees that he's just here to be an asshat towards women.

Good to know.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-03-2015, 12:27 PM
(25-03-2015 12:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Hmmm...

Good to know.

[Image: 901225.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Rik's post
25-03-2015, 12:28 PM
(25-03-2015 12:21 PM)Nurse Wrote:  He's at the "do you like me, check yes or no" stage.

Wait, isn't that how you do it? Gasp

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 5 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
25-03-2015, 01:22 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2015 01:32 PM by Stark Raving.)
(25-03-2015 12:27 PM)Rik Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 12:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Hmmm...

Good to know.

[Image: 901225.gif]

Won't do it? Lol. Picture this:

Stark and Moms, standing over a single "Whack-a-Mole" board. Each of them holding a 12 pound sledgehammer, waiting for this piece of shit to pop his head out of one of the rule holes.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
25-03-2015, 01:33 PM
(25-03-2015 01:22 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 12:27 PM)Rik Wrote:  [Image: 901225.gif]

Stark and Moms, standing over a single "Whack-a-Mole" board. Each of them holding a 12 pound sledgehammer, waiting for this piece of shit to pop his head out of one of the rule holes.

[+] 5 users Like Rik's post
25-03-2015, 02:15 PM
(25-03-2015 01:22 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 12:27 PM)Rik Wrote:  [Image: 901225.gif]

Dunno. We gave you carte blanche, rule or no rule. Maybe this is one of them times to use it? Just a thought. That Irish sunglasses thing - who the fuck posts that kinda shit? It shows the calibre of person we're dealing with. He won't get any better.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 7 users Like morondog's post