Feminism's doublespeak with perpetual victimhood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2015, 05:48 PM
RE: Feminism's doublespeak with perpetual victimhood
Just a quick post to clarify that my earlier post wasn't intended to be sexist. I'm referring to the irish sunglasses picture that I posted. That was in response to a comment that another poster made. I apologize to those of the female persuasion of the forum if they got that impression. No offence meant. I just want to say that I would never hit a woman, even if she would otherwise deserve it. It's wrong and I don't condone it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2015, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2015 08:04 PM by DLJ.)
(25-03-2015 05:48 PM)Firefly3000 Wrote:  Just a quick post to clarify that my earlier post wasn't intended to be sexist. I'm referring to the irish sunglasses picture that I posted. That was in response to a comment that another poster made. I apologize to those of the female persuasion of the forum if they got that impression. No offence meant. I just want to say that I would never hit a woman, even if she would otherwise deserve it. It's wrong and I don't condone it.

You're a bit late with the apology.

You seem to be the party guest who tripped as they crossed the threshold, lurched down the steps, knocking some bottles and glasses flying as you tumbled, grabbed the hostess' dress as you fell... leaving the host drenched in wine, the hostess humiliated and yourself sprawling in a sticky mess.

I set you a misogynist test and you passed!

You know where the door is.

Dodgy

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
25-03-2015, 07:20 PM
(25-03-2015 05:48 PM)Firefly3000 Wrote:  I just want to say that I would never hit a woman, even if she would otherwise deserve it.

Wow.

That's awfully white of you. Hey, she deserves to be smacked around, but I'm too nice a guy to do it.

You are a serious douchebag.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 5 users Like BnW's post
25-03-2015, 08:23 PM
wow, what a misogynistic prick. I read all 12 pages of that shit and it made me so angry. But I've calmed down a bit, now I just think he's an idiot man.

I'm a feminist, I always have been, although I don't usually identify as such because of the misandry involved in a lot of feminist groups. I think men and women should be equal, and should be treated as such in most situations. And while there are certain things, particularly in family law, where men get the short stick women have to deal with far more. Should we overlook the mistreatment of men in family law and divorce courts? No, absolutely not. But does this excuse the fact that in most of our society women are treated as less? No.
25-03-2015, 09:21 PM
(25-03-2015 05:48 PM)Firefly3000 Wrote:  Just a quick post to clarify that my earlier post wasn't intended to be sexist. I'm referring to the irish sunglasses picture that I posted. That was in response to a comment that another poster made. I apologize to those of the female persuasion of the forum if they got that impression. No offence meant. I just want to say that I would never hit a woman, even if she would otherwise deserve it. It's wrong and I don't condone it.

Bullshit.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
25-03-2015, 10:03 PM
(25-03-2015 05:48 PM)Firefly3000 Wrote:  I just want to say that I would never hit a woman, even if she would otherwise deserve it. It's wrong and I don't condone it.

You know that's sexist, right? If a person does something that merits a physical response, and you make an exception solely on the basis of gender, that is sexual discrimination.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
25-03-2015, 10:13 PM
(25-03-2015 07:14 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

You're a bit late with the apology.

You seem to be the party guest who tripped as they crossed the threshold, lurched down the steps, knocking some bottles and glasses flying as you tumbled, grabbed the hostess' dress as you fell... leaving the host drenched in wine, the hostess humiliated and yourself sprawling in a sticky mess.

Dodgy

Yabut now he's liking all the posts that are negative toward him, so your test fails of course.

I'm guessing that'd be his excuse anyway Angel
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
25-03-2015, 10:18 PM
(25-03-2015 10:13 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 07:14 PM)DLJ Wrote:  ...

Dodgy

Yabut now he's liking all the posts that are negative toward him, so your test fails of course.

I'm guessing that'd be his excuse anyway Angel

I noticed that and others will have noticed it too. It's just a weak attempt to cover his tracks / embarrassment.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
26-03-2015, 12:16 AM
(25-03-2015 02:15 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 01:22 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Won't do it? Lol. Picture this:

Stark and Moms, standing over a single "Whack-a-Mole" board. Each of them holding a 12 pound sledgehammer, waiting for this piece of shit to pop his head out of one of the rule holes.

Dunno. We gave you carte blanche, rule or no rule. Maybe this is one of them times to use it? Just a thought. That Irish sunglasses thing - who the fuck posts that kinda shit? It shows the calibre of person we're dealing with. He won't get any better.

I'll tell you what MD, you make a good argument. But I gotta tell you, I really don't need to throw the hammer around. You, along with the rest of the awesomeness that is TTAForum, have made this into something positive. You see, we need folks like the op. It reminds us that there is much to be accomplished. When there's still people wandering around with the ridiculous idea that feminism is anti-male because it's called feminism* it shows that we need to keep having these discussions and pointing out how fucked up this kind of thinking is.

*Firefly, feminism is called feminism because it's about making women equal to men. Because they aren't fucking treated that way. I'm a feminist because I want my daughter to have the same opportunities as my neighbours son. And she doesn't. That is a fact. I'm not asking for her to have more opportunities. Just the same. And if ever comes the day when she has more, you can call me a manist(?) because that would be just as unfair.

Dumbfuck.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
26-03-2015, 12:40 AM
(26-03-2015 12:16 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I'll tell you what MD, you make a good argument. But I gotta tell you, I really don't need to throw the hammer around. You, along with the rest of the awesomeness that is TTAForum, have made this into something positive. You see, we need folks like the op. It reminds us that there is much to be accomplished. When there's still people wandering around with the ridiculous idea that feminism is anti-male because it's called feminism* it shows that we need to keep having these discussions and pointing out how fucked up this kind of thinking is.

*Firefly, feminism is called feminism because it's about making women equal to men. Because they aren't fucking treated that way. I'm a feminist because I want my daughter to have the same opportunities as my neighbours son. And she doesn't. That is a fact. I'm not asking for her to have more opportunities. Just the same. And if ever comes the day when she has more, you can call me a manist(?) because that would be just as unfair.

Dumbfuck.

Heart Well my man, there's not many people I'd go gay for, but you're one of them Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post