Feminism's doublespeak with perpetual victimhood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2015, 06:43 AM
RE: Feminism's doublespeak with perpetual victimhood
(31-03-2015 07:57 PM)Losty Wrote:  
(23-03-2015 08:55 PM)UntruthExposed Wrote:  MGHOW for Life! Beeotches!

What is MGHOW?

Man Going His Own Way

The "adult" version of the He-man Woman Hater's Club

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
01-04-2015, 07:18 AM
(01-04-2015 06:43 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(31-03-2015 07:57 PM)Losty Wrote:  What is MGHOW?

Man Going His Own Way

The "adult" version of the He-man Woman Hater's Club

Laughat Laugh out load

Shit, was I member of that I'd keep it on the very down-low... Why is it that losers band together? I mean it's like painting a big 'L' on your forehead fer crying out loud.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-04-2015, 08:42 AM
It seems sometimes feminists go a little far. I don't give a shit about game boxes or scientists wearing "inappropriate" shirts so I won't talk about that.
Yesterday evening I was speaking with a coworker and she said that stay at home moms should be paid for raising children and keeping house. I wasn't in the mood for debate so I just nodded and directed the conversation elsewhere. But I regret not questioning her.
What about stay at home dads?
Who will pay the stay at home mom or dad?
If one partner brings an income to the household while the other stays home isnt the homebody being taken care of?
Isn't the house hold income there for the household?

I dunno. This has been annoying me for a few hours now. Is this the general consensus of feminists or is that lady just nuts?
02-04-2015, 08:56 AM
(02-04-2015 08:42 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  It seems sometimes feminists go a little far. I don't give a shit about game boxes or scientists wearing "inappropriate" shirts so I won't talk about that.
Yesterday evening I was speaking with a coworker and she said that stay at home moms should be paid for raising children and keeping house. I wasn't in the mood for debate so I just nodded and directed the conversation elsewhere. But I regret not questioning her.
If one partner brings an income to the household while the other stays home isnt the homebody being taken care of?

I dunno. This has been annoying me for a few hours now. Is this the general consensus of feminists or is that lady just nuts?

Feminism is *simply* about equal treatment for women. Legally, socially...

Just equality. Nothing more. Nothing less.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-04-2015, 09:11 AM
(02-04-2015 08:56 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-04-2015 08:42 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  It seems sometimes feminists go a little far. I don't give a shit about game boxes or scientists wearing "inappropriate" shirts so I won't talk about that.

Feminism is *simply* about equal treatment for women. Legally, socially...

Sure. But that doesn't really answer the question.
Does what the lady I was speaking to represent what feminists might think in general or is she alone?
02-04-2015, 09:19 AM
(02-04-2015 09:11 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(02-04-2015 08:56 AM)morondog Wrote:  Feminism is *simply* about equal treatment for women. Legally, socially...

Sure. But that doesn't really answer the question.
Does what the lady I was speaking to represent what feminists might think in general or is she alone?

I consider myself a feminist. I consider paying a stay at home mom asinine.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
02-04-2015, 09:26 AM
(02-04-2015 09:19 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(02-04-2015 09:11 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Sure. But that doesn't really answer the question.

I consider myself a feminist. I consider paying a stay at home mom asinine.

Thanks for the answer. Would you say in your opinion that your stance is the common stance of feminists?
02-04-2015, 09:37 AM
Would you consider your stance on the question a common stance for atheists?

Does it matter?

You see where this is going, right?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
02-04-2015, 09:52 AM
Just trying to understand something that I haven't really given much thought to in my life. Perhaps I should just stop asking questions?
02-04-2015, 10:09 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2015 10:13 AM by Drunkin Druid.)
Is the acceptance of evolution a common stance among atheists?
The answer to this question in my opinion is yes.
It isn't useful to explain to the questioner that this isn't the definition of atheism as I can assume the questioner already knows this by the way he formed the question.
I would assume that the questioner is simply trying to understand what might be a thought pattern among atheists.
But hey, why give a straight answer to an honest question? It's not like this is a community of free thinkers.. Oh wait....