Feminism's doublespeak with perpetual victimhood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2015, 09:31 PM
RE: Feminism's doublespeak with perpetual victimhood
Didn't read the whole grand diatribe, but what you're saying int his last post is very bizarre and hilarious.

"Stop calling me Angry. I'm a good person"... WHAT? is that supposed to be some indicator on something? That's a strange non sequator of unrelated things by a wide mile.

You can say you're not angry as a response to being told you come off angry and hostile, but you self described your long post as a rant. A rant itself is something that describes an aggressive stance and position. You are already putting these concepts in the others minds by traveling and describing your works in this manner.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2015, 09:48 PM
(23-03-2015 09:31 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Didn't read the whole grand diatribe, but what you're saying int his last post is very bizarre and hilarious.

"Stop calling me Angry. I'm a good person"... WHAT? is that supposed to be some indicator on something? That's a strange non sequator of unrelated things by a wide mile.

Oh and don't forget wealthier too.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-03-2015, 09:52 PM
(23-03-2015 08:55 PM)UntruthExposed Wrote:  Feminism is the belief that men are responsible for everything bad in the world.

fem·i·nism
noun
- The advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.

Words have meanings, and you do not get to unilaterally redefine them for your own convince. Continue to misuse words at your owe peril, just remember that it's not our fault if you're misunderstood. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-03-2015, 12:46 AM
Christ Rolleyes

What's with these attention seeking weirdos. Did your mommy not cuddle you enough when you were a kid?

OP, you're smarter and wealthier? Then why the fuck are you seeking attention from us? You're a fucking basement dwelling creep if I'm any judge. No wonder women want nothing to do with you.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
24-03-2015, 03:02 AM
(24-03-2015 12:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  Christ Rolleyes

What's with these attention seeking weirdos. Did your mommy not cuddle you enough when you were a kid?

OP, you're smarter and wealthier? Then why the fuck are you seeking attention from us? You're a fucking basement dwelling creep if I'm any judge. No wonder women want nothing to do with you.

[Image: sticker,375x360.u3.png]

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
24-03-2015, 03:07 AM
Why do they even call it feminism?

Feminists claim that feminism is about equality, but when asked why they don't call it equalism (or some other similar term) they say that it's because by and large, women have always been the underdogs.

But there are 2 huge problems with that.

1) Even if women have been the underdogs, that is not a logical reason to call it feminism. What they are effectively calling it is Womanism.

2) It alienates a huge number of people. No self respecting man or woman who believes in equality would be comfortable supporting something claiming to be about equality but which calls itself Womanism (that's basically what the Fem in feminism refers to. Women). You would think that if someone claims to strive for equality, that they would call their movement something that will appeal to other, likeminded people who also believe in equality. But no. They absolutely insist on calling it feminism. They will not budge on this. This is very telling.

So if feminists want equality, and they want people to join them, yet they insist on calling it "Woman" (Fem)ism, but they know they're going to alienate huge numbers of people, that begs the question.....is it worth it? Is it worth losing so many people all just because you want to name your movement after the supposed underdog rather than the (claimed) end goal (aka equality)?
24-03-2015, 03:08 AM
(23-03-2015 09:52 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Words have meanings, and you do not get to unilaterally redefine them for your own convince. Continue to misuse words at your owe peril, just remember that it's not our fault if you're misunderstood. Drinking Beverage

Precisely. See my post above.
24-03-2015, 03:38 AM
(24-03-2015 03:07 AM)Firefly3000 Wrote:  Why do they even call it feminism?

Feminists claim that feminism is about equality, but when asked why they don't call it equalism (or some other similar term) they say that it's because by and large, women have always been the underdogs.

But there are 2 huge problems with that.

1) Even if women have been the underdogs, that is not a logical reason to call it feminism. What they are effectively calling it is Womanism.

Not logical? In which fucking universe? You cannot just divest the word from it's contextual history, and since the term was coined the vast majority of cases involving sexual discrimination or inequality have favored men over women.

(24-03-2015 03:07 AM)Firefly3000 Wrote:  2) It alienates a huge number of people. No self respecting man or woman who believes in equality would be comfortable supporting something claiming to be about equality but which calls itself Womanism (that's basically what the Fem in feminism refers to. Women). You would think that if someone claims to strive for equality, that they would call their movement something that will appeal to other, likeminded people who also believe in equality. But no. They absolutely insist on calling it feminism. They will not budge on this. This is very telling.

No, what is telling is people continuing to bitch over their personal perception of what a label means, rather than acknowledging what that label actually means in context and to those who choose to identify as it. Feminism is sexual equality, which is distinct from humanism (so no, you cannot re-purpose humanism to replace feminism to represent sexual equality because it already has it's own meaning as well); because while it is possible to be a feminist and not be a humanist, it is simply not possible to be a humanist and not also be a feminist. In a Venn diagram, humanism would be a circle that fit's entirely within feminism.

(24-03-2015 03:07 AM)Firefly3000 Wrote:  So if feminists want equality, and they want people to join them, yet they insist on calling it "Woman" (Fem)ism, but they know they're going to alienate huge numbers of people, that begs the question.....is it worth it? Is it worth losing so many people all just because you want to name your movement after the supposed underdog rather than the (claimed) end goal (aka equality)?

The only one being alienated here is you, and you're going out of your way to do so.

See also: Butthurtitis.

[Image: butthurtitis.jpg]

[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-03-2015, 03:45 AM
(23-03-2015 08:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  ...
Financially speaking however statistics did show that men fair far better after divorce than women do -- anecdotely we've seen it many times.

After, maybe, but not during. I was completely asset-stripped (she got the assets, I got the debts) ... yet she was the one who had the affairs.

Go figure.

(23-03-2015 08:55 PM)UntruthExposed Wrote:  ...
Men have been riding on the backs of women

Fair enough, I do a lot of that now. Got some of dat women-riding planned for tomorrow evening.

And when I say "women" ... yup ... plural. Big Grin

So, "fair far better after divorce". No arguments here.

Blush

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
24-03-2015, 05:09 AM
(23-03-2015 05:55 PM)UntruthExposed Wrote:  Just ignore the fact that, when you drive down the road, everything you see about you was always and is now built by men.

You are delusional and misogynistic. You are precisely the reason there are feminists.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 11 users Like Chas's post