Feminists now hijacking atheism? WTF?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2014, 04:39 PM
RE: Feminists now hijacking atheism? WTF?
A fair society is a society that is fair to everyone else as well as yourself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post
07-08-2014, 04:41 PM
(07-08-2014 03:59 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  You don't like feminism (I prefer to call it gender equality), or you don't like those whack-o's giving feminism a bad name?

I'm not sure how you can separate the two. Equal respect and equal pay is fine, as long as the work performed is indeed truly 'equal'. Fundamentally though, there's no such thing as gender equality because the genders are inherently different. Is a potato equal to a carrot? The term 'gender equality' has been foisted upon us. Question it and you're a bigot. The last thing feminists want is equality. They want preferencial socio-political privilege and status.
07-08-2014, 04:45 PM
(07-08-2014 04:41 PM)Antitheist007 Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 03:59 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  You don't like feminism (I prefer to call it gender equality), or you don't like those whack-o's giving feminism a bad name?

I'm not sure how you can separate the two. Equal respect and equal pay is fine, as long as the work performed is indeed truly 'equal'. Fundamentally though, there's no such thing as gender equality because the genders are inherently different. Is a potato equal to a carrot? The term 'gender equality' has been foisted upon us. Question it and you're a bigot. The last thing feminists want is equality. They want preferencial socio-political privilege and status.

No, but a male human and a female human are still both humans. No, not preferential privileges and statuses, equal.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
07-08-2014, 04:49 PM
(07-08-2014 04:41 PM)Antitheist007 Wrote:  The last thing feminists want is equality. They want preferencial socio-political privilege and status.

Citation required.
[+] 8 users Like Mathilda's post
07-08-2014, 04:50 PM
(07-08-2014 04:45 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  No, not preferential privileges and statuses, equal.

Equal? As in preferential child custody rights for women? Special anti-violence measures for women only? Affirmative action for women? Alimony?

The feminist movement is openly and actively hostile toward men.
[+] 1 user Likes Antitheist007's post
07-08-2014, 04:52 PM
(07-08-2014 04:50 PM)Antitheist007 Wrote:  The feminist movement is openly and actively hostile toward men.

[Image: ps.jpg]
[+] 9 users Like Mathilda's post
07-08-2014, 04:54 PM
(07-08-2014 04:50 PM)Antitheist007 Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 04:45 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  No, not preferential privileges and statuses, equal.

Equal? As in preferential child custody rights for women? Special anti-violence measures for women only? Affirmative action for women? Alimony?

The feminist movement is openly and actively hostile toward men.

Gunna agree with Mathilda here, we need citations (or even at minimum more elaboration) for these claims.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
07-08-2014, 04:57 PM
Antitheist007 I want to strongly discourage you from what seems to be your inevitabile course of action.

Feminism is not "over". There is plenty of inequality to be had in the US. The difference is most battles are no longer over legal issues because, as far as the law is concerned, it is almost entirely equal, but over cultural issues. When you said that comparing men to woman was like comparing potatoes to carrots, it was an excellent example of some of the cultural problems that still persist in the US and the west.
[+] 5 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
07-08-2014, 04:57 PM
Before this goes over the deep end I'm going to say again. Feminism is about gender equality. I don't think women are any better than men, and I don't think men are any better than women.

You're confusing feminism with the radicals out there who actually do hate men, and they are giving feminism a bad name. It's easy to understand why you're confused on this point. The radicals are very loud.

[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
07-08-2014, 05:05 PM
(07-08-2014 04:54 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Gunna agree with Mathilda here, we need citations (or even at minimum more elaboration) for these claims.

OK - women don't almost exclusively get child custody, get half the house, the car, child support and alimony. There's no hostility at all toward men in our society - which is why you so often hear "women and minorities". Funny thing about that is 'women and minorities' happens to be, well,.. everyone! - ..except white males.