Feminists now hijacking atheism? WTF?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2014, 05:43 PM
RE: Feminists now hijacking atheism? WTF?
(07-08-2014 05:42 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 04:21 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Unlike males, females have to deal with the issue of pregnancy.
What does this have to do with what i said at all? My point was that yes feminism is needed but there are women who can't even speak out in parts of this world. That's where the fight is not here where there laws are in place to protect women's equality. Now I understand there is a lot of hurdles to overcome on the cultural side with how women are portrayed in the western world but to shout about that and not make a huge uproar over these other issues is pretty absurd.

Feminists are shouting about both. Both are bad. Let's not do either.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
07-08-2014, 05:47 PM
People who speak up are the ones who get changes made.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-08-2014, 05:48 PM
Wait - is this a Wicked Clown sock?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-08-2014, 05:53 PM
(07-08-2014 05:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Wait - is this a Wicked Clown sock?

Nah wicked is still a theist, I don't think he'd get too upset about these groups mingling.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
07-08-2014, 05:53 PM
(07-08-2014 05:42 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 05:32 PM)Antitheist007 Wrote:  Since you're the expert. What misconception is that?

Just going to copy and paste, I've already said it twice. Also, never said I was an expert.

Quote:Before this goes over the deep end I'm going to say again. Feminism is about gender equality. I don't think women are any better than men, and I don't think men are any better than women.

You're confusing feminism with the radicals out there who actually do hate men, and they are giving feminism a bad name. It's easy to understand why you're confused on this point. The radicals are very loud.

So that goes to illustrate the misconception you say I have? Feminism = equality and women not better than men. It's just those nasty radicals giving feminism a bad name.
Well thanks so much for clearing up that misconception.
07-08-2014, 05:54 PM
(07-08-2014 05:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Wait - is this a Wicked Clown sock?

You want him gone as bad as I do, huh? Wink
Tongue [Image: smiley-hug013.gif]

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
07-08-2014, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2014 06:54 AM by WindyCityJazz.)
I was appalled by what I saw from these atheism+ people. They really are just a bunch of man haters trying to hijack the atheist movement. Funny thing is, if feminism is about equality, then why have feminists never spoken out about the situations where men are getting the short end of the stick?

Women serve 50% less jail time than men for the same crimes.

Parental rights are so ridiculously in favor of women that fathers have hardly any rights when it comes to their children. Our society treats them as though their only role is a financial one. If a man and his wife get divorced, the message is "Just pay your child support, and we really don't give a shit if you're part of the life of your child!" I have seen several cases where people have gone through a nasty divorce and the woman kept the dad from seeing his children with little to no action on the part of the courts.

There have been cases of men being jailed for not paying child support FOR KIDS THAT ARE NOT EVEN THEIRS! In fact, there was a man who was still paying child support for a kid that was not his, and could not pay it anymore because he lost his job. You know what happened? He was thrown in jail!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drI1YdbTSx8

How many feminist groups spoke out about that? ZERO!

Sharon Osbourne made fun of a guy who was drugged by his wife and then castrated, and the wife then threw his penis down the garbage disposal. Guess what the repercussions were? ZERO! Guess how many feminist groups stood up and said "This is wrong! She should be fired!"? ZERO! We all know that if the situation were turned around and a man on a talk show laughed and made fun of a woman who had her tits cut off and cut her clitoris cut out by her husband, and he threw those down a garbage disposal, every feminist out there would have been screaming bloody murder.

If you're familiar with The Amazing Atheist and his You Tube channel, he has made some good videos addressing this point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqU9JFbt...31FBAB4EAE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JA4EPRbWhQ

Thunderf00t, another well-known atheist with a You Tube channel, has also called out the whole atheism+ crowd, and its members like feminist man-hater Rebecca Watson, on their blatant hypocrisy.

If feminists want me to believe that they are about equality between men and women, then they need to start proving it, and addressing issues where women have an unfair advantage over men. So far as I can tell, feminists are about female superiority, not equality. A lack of action against inequality says a lot for a group of people who claim to be about equality for all.

Of course, mentioning this also makes me a misogynist in the eyes of a large number of feminists (the feminists who don't take the hateful approach will simply sit by and watch those feminists lambaste a man for saying what I did and just keep their mouths shut), because they are supposed to be beyond criticism. Hmmm...that line of thinking sounds oddly familiar. How is it any different than creationists bitching when I criticize religion and speak up about the fact that it is not fair that theists are allowed to openly criticize and even preach hatred about atheists, while atheists are supposed to just keep their mouth shut, because society says that if atheists call out theists on their hypocrisy they are just being hateful assholes?

If an atheist says to a Christian: "You preach love they neighbor, but have no problem labeling those who don't agree with your views as being less than you, or condoning evil acts against them. You're being a hypocrite!", and they are called an asshole for saying that, is that fair?

If a man says to a feminist "You say you're about equality, but you never stand up when men are being unfairly discriminated against. You're being a hypocrite!" and he is called an asshole for saying that, is that fair?

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 3 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
07-08-2014, 06:09 PM
(07-08-2014 06:00 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  I was appalled by the from what I saw from these atheism+ people. They really are just a bunch of man haters trying to hijack the atheist movement. Funny thing is, if feminism is about equality, then why have feminists never spoken out about the situations where men are getting the short end of the stick?

Women serve 50% less jail time than men for the same crimes.

Parental rights are so ridiculously in favor of women that fathers have hardly any rights when it comes to their children. Our society treats them as though their only role is a financial one. If a man and his wife get divorced, the message is "Just pay your child support, and we really don't give a shit if you're part of the life of your child!" I have seen several cases where people have gone through a nasty divorce and the woman kept the dad from seeing his children with little to no action on the part of the courts.

There have been cases of men being jailed for not paying child support FOR KIDS THAT ARE NOT EVEN THEIRS! In fact, there was a man who was still paying child support for a kid that was not his, and could not pay it anymore because he lost his job. You know what happened? He was thrown in jail!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drI1YdbTSx8

How many feminist groups spoke out about that? ZERO!

Sharon Osbourne made fun of a guy who was drugged by his wife and then castrated, and the wife then threw his penis down the garbage disposal. Guess what the repercussions were? ZERO! Guess how many feminist groups stood up and said "This is wrong! She should be fired!"? ZERO! We all know that if the situation were turned around and a man on a talk show laughed and made fun of a woman who had her tits cut off and cut her clitoris cut out by her husband, and he threw those down a garbage disposal, every feminist out there would have been screaming bloody murder.

If you're familiar with The Amazing Atheist and his You Tube channel, he has made some good videos addressing this point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqU9JFbt...31FBAB4EAE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JA4EPRbWhQ

Thunderf00t, another well-known atheist with a You Tube channel, has also called out the whole atheism+ crowd, and its members like feminist man-hater Rebecca Watson, on their blatant hypocrisy.

If feminists want me to believe that they are about equality between men and women, then they need to start proving it, and addressing issues where women have an unfair advantage over men. So far as I can tell, feminists are about female superiority, not equality. A lack of action against inequality says a lot for a group of people who claim to be about equality for all.

I don't know enough about those instances to speak to them. I can only say, principally, feminism is about the equal rights between men and woman. Just because feminism doesn't address one issues as adamantly or as fervently as you deem necessary, doesn't make the whole movement suspect and it doesn't mean their other issue points should be ignored.
07-08-2014, 06:10 PM
(07-08-2014 04:13 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  I've never understood feminism in current day america. We have plenty of laws in place protecting women from being subject to some misogynistic man. Now in the middle east there is a place where strong minded women are needed. There are women who can't even speak in public due to their cultural. And what happens if they go against their cultural? Death. Torture by acid. Rape. It depends honestly but in the end the men are not persecuted. Sometimes the women do it to themselves out of fear of their husbands. So not only is the abuse is not only physical but seriously psychological.

Now with all this going on in these countries I don't really see a lot of feminist trying to make a change in this. Maybe even trying to petition to get men who've done these thing thrown in jail. Nothing of the sort. I honestly see the majority of american feminist as posers just trying to fit in. All talk and no bark when it comes to real issues. Just my two cents.

Maybe the fact that women get paid $.75 on average to the dollar that men get paid for doing the same fucking thing just might have something to do with it. Ya think ?
How would YOU like that situation ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
07-08-2014, 06:26 PM
(07-08-2014 06:09 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I don't know enough about those instances to speak to them.
Most conveniently.