Feminists now hijacking atheism? WTF?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2014, 06:26 PM
RE: Feminists now hijacking atheism? WTF?
(07-08-2014 04:50 PM)Antitheist007 Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 04:45 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  No, not preferential privileges and statuses, equal.

Equal? As in preferential child custody rights for women? Special anti-violence measures for women only? Affirmative action for women? Alimony?

The feminist movement is openly and actively hostile toward men.

Bitter much?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
07-08-2014, 06:32 PM
(07-08-2014 06:09 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 06:00 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  I was appalled by the from what I saw from these atheism+ people. They really are just a bunch of man haters trying to hijack the atheist movement. Funny thing is, if feminism is about equality, then why have feminists never spoken out about the situations where men are getting the short end of the stick?

Women serve 50% less jail time than men for the same crimes.

Parental rights are so ridiculously in favor of women that fathers have hardly any rights when it comes to their children. Our society treats them as though their only role is a financial one. If a man and his wife get divorced, the message is "Just pay your child support, and we really don't give a shit if you're part of the life of your child!" I have seen several cases where people have gone through a nasty divorce and the woman kept the dad from seeing his children with little to no action on the part of the courts.

There have been cases of men being jailed for not paying child support FOR KIDS THAT ARE NOT EVEN THEIRS! In fact, there was a man who was still paying child support for a kid that was not his, and could not pay it anymore because he lost his job. You know what happened? He was thrown in jail!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drI1YdbTSx8

How many feminist groups spoke out about that? ZERO!

Sharon Osbourne made fun of a guy who was drugged by his wife and then castrated, and the wife then threw his penis down the garbage disposal. Guess what the repercussions were? ZERO! Guess how many feminist groups stood up and said "This is wrong! She should be fired!"? ZERO! We all know that if the situation were turned around and a man on a talk show laughed and made fun of a woman who had her tits cut off and cut her clitoris cut out by her husband, and he threw those down a garbage disposal, every feminist out there would have been screaming bloody murder.

If you're familiar with The Amazing Atheist and his You Tube channel, he has made some good videos addressing this point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqU9JFbt...31FBAB4EAE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JA4EPRbWhQ

Thunderf00t, another well-known atheist with a You Tube channel, has also called out the whole atheism+ crowd, and its members like feminist man-hater Rebecca Watson, on their blatant hypocrisy.

If feminists want me to believe that they are about equality between men and women, then they need to start proving it, and addressing issues where women have an unfair advantage over men. So far as I can tell, feminists are about female superiority, not equality. A lack of action against inequality says a lot for a group of people who claim to be about equality for all.

I don't know enough about those instances to speak to them. I can only say, principally, feminism is about the equal rights between men and woman. Just because feminism doesn't address one issues as adamantly or as fervently as you deem necessary, doesn't make the whole movement suspect and it doesn't mean their other issue points should be ignored.

I don't have a problem with what they say they are about. I have a problem with their actions when being compared to what they say they are about. I don't know of a single issue where feminists have stood up for men on ANY situations like this, and said "This is wrong! We are about equality!"

You can talk, talk, talk all you want about how you are for equal treatment for men and women, but if you only speak up about the issues for one side, you're not about equality. Actions speak louder than words.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
07-08-2014, 06:33 PM
(07-08-2014 06:32 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 06:09 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I don't know enough about those instances to speak to them. I can only say, principally, feminism is about the equal rights between men and woman. Just because feminism doesn't address one issues as adamantly or as fervently as you deem necessary, doesn't make the whole movement suspect and it doesn't mean their other issue points should be ignored.

I don't have a problem with what they say they are about. I have a problem with their actions when being compared to what they say they are about. I don't know of a single issue where feminists have stood up for men on ANY situations like this, and said "This is wrong! We are about equality!"

You can talk, talk, talk all you want about how you are for equal treatment for men and women, but if you only speak up about the issues for one side, you're not about equality. Actions speak louder than words.

That's a fair criticism.
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
07-08-2014, 06:43 PM
(07-08-2014 06:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 04:50 PM)Antitheist007 Wrote:  Equal? As in preferential child custody rights for women? Special anti-violence measures for women only? Affirmative action for women? Alimony?

The feminist movement is openly and actively hostile toward men.

Bitter much?
Has nothing to do with bitter Sweetie. I know you don't like hearin' it. Take a Prozac.
07-08-2014, 06:51 PM
(07-08-2014 06:43 PM)Antitheist007 Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 06:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Bitter much?
Has nothing to do with bitter Sweetie. I know you don't like hearin' it. Take a Prozac.

How about you fuck off.
[+] 2 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
07-08-2014, 06:51 PM
(07-08-2014 06:43 PM)Antitheist007 Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 06:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Bitter much?

Fuck you very much you misogynist prick.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
07-08-2014, 06:52 PM
(07-08-2014 06:51 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 06:43 PM)Antitheist007 Wrote:  Has nothing to do with bitter Sweetie. I know you don't like hearin' it. Take a Prozac.

How about you fuck off.
You better go do the dishes before your old lady bitch slaps you.
07-08-2014, 06:54 PM
[Image: Watch-out.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
07-08-2014, 06:55 PM
(07-08-2014 04:34 PM)kim Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 04:27 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  ---
Plus, it's nice to have friends, ya know? We don't have many No

I think many groups feel there are strength in numbers.
Only a few years ago, gay marriage didn't have the numbers to acquire it's recent, widespread acceptance. Things might very well be progressing, finally.

It's time for the times to be a changing. Shy Hit it Girly.

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly agin'
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend a hand
For the times they are a-changin'.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-08-2014, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 07:09 PM by TheGulegon.)
(07-08-2014 06:52 PM)Antitheist007 Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 06:51 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  How about you fuck off.
You better go do the dishes before your old lady bitch slaps you.

Go easy, super pimp.
Worse things than a woman speaking her mind can happen!
Just sayin! Evil_monster

Beware: much sarcasm above.