Feminists now hijacking atheism? WTF?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2014, 07:13 PM
RE: Feminists now hijacking atheism? WTF?
(07-08-2014 07:05 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 06:52 PM)Antitheist007 Wrote:  You better go do the dishes before your old lady bitch slaps you.

Go easy, super pimp.
Worse things than a woman speaking her mind can happen!
Just sayin! Evil_monster

Beware: much sarcasm above.
Oh, very well. I'll leave the poor guy alone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2014, 07:33 PM
(07-08-2014 05:42 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 04:21 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Unlike males, females have to deal with the issue of pregnancy.
What does this have to do with what i said at all? My point was that yes feminism is needed but there are women who can't even speak out in parts of this world. That's where the fight is not here where there laws are in place to protect women's equality. Now I understand there is a lot of hurdles to overcome on the cultural side with how women are portrayed in the western world but to shout about that and not make a huge uproar over these other issues is pretty absurd.

BBM

I would remind you that it is still legal to discriminate on the basis of gender. The constitutional amendment that would have eliminated this was defeated.

Weeping

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
07-08-2014, 07:53 PM
(07-08-2014 05:42 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  What does this have to do with what i said at all? My point was that yes feminism is needed but there are women who can't even speak out in parts of this world. [b]That's where the fight is not here where there laws are in place to protect women's equality.

So, Mr. Krispy, you gonna take up arms and go fight for those women over there?

Oh, no, I bet you're going to buy your mom an automatic rifle and put her on a plane over there?

Or, what exactly are you suggesting?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Femenism is one of those things where I support what they are trying to do, like making women have the same rights as men, but am afraid to support because the major ones are batshit crazy.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-08-2014, 08:11 PM
Re: Feminists now hijacking atheism? WTF?
Every month or two another thread of this manner... And I don't see where the fury comes from. Nobody making these claims about the man haters have ever given me serious links of actual support for such claims.

It could be out there but I've never seen it, unless they're talking about tumblr users who are notoriously extreme in all areas and generally not taken serious.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
07-08-2014, 08:14 PM
(07-08-2014 08:08 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Femenism is one of those things where I support what they are trying to do, like making women have the same rights as men, but am afraid to support because the major ones are batshit crazy.

Unfortunately the radical faction of the women's lib movement has been taken over by women into misandry. I guess the guys into mysogeny and the women into misandry deserve each other.

The women's movement itself has long moved away from being radical and integrated into society, just like the gay movement.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
07-08-2014, 08:21 PM
(07-08-2014 08:14 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 08:08 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Femenism is one of those things where I support what they are trying to do, like making women have the same rights as men, but am afraid to support because the major ones are batshit crazy.

Unfortunately the radical faction of the women's lib movement has been taken over by women into misandry. I guess the guys into mysogeny and the women into misandry deserve each other.

The women's movement itself has long moved away from being radical and integrated into society, just like the gay movement.

I imagine a misogynistic man and a misandristic woman have a lot of kinking hate sex when no one is looking.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 5 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
07-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Quote:The women's movement itself has long moved away from being radical and integrated into society, just like the gay movement.

And the Bowel movement. Everybody does it now. Smartass

I'm really sorry, there's something wrong with me. I can't help it. Confused
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
07-08-2014, 09:32 PM
Feminism is an important movement until the radicals are no longer motivated for equality but revenge.
07-08-2014, 09:49 PM
The so-called 'radicals' hardly exist anymore and they never existed in anywhere near as many numbers as people claim. It was largely media hype, just like the Satanic Panic in the 1980s. People will find the most outlandish person they can and claim they are one of a large group, when in reality it is just a lone extremist. Even something as cliche as bra burning is hard to find historical evidence for - it was not widespread or the norm. You can search the internet for any extremist position and find it, but you will have a very difficult time finding it widespread, influential, or important in society as a whole. There are television shows about finding Big Foot - does that mean there are a lot of people that believe in Big Foot? No, it just means it is something people will pay attention to so the media backs it. Same thing.

A huge number of people in modern society are feminists but just don't know it because they are scared of the term, yet under any reasonable definition they would qualify.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like Michael Colton's post