Feminists now hijacking atheism? WTF?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2014, 01:10 PM
RE: Feminists now hijacking atheism? WTF?
(26-08-2014 12:40 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 07:34 PM)Dom Wrote:  This I like.

As for the rest of it - you are so pumped full of prejudices and stereotypes, you don't know what the fuck you are talking about anymore.

Just showing my experience of modern feminism.
If I am wrong, please give examples of what you mean.

How 'bout you bring something other than feels to the table before asking more from anyone else, okay?

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2014, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2014 01:28 PM by spinosauruskin.)
(26-08-2014 01:10 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 12:40 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  Just showing my experience of modern feminism.
If I am wrong, please give examples of what you mean.

How 'bout you bring something other than feels to the table before asking more from anyone else, okay?

Huh? I didn't bring feels, I brought reasoned arguments. This is the pathetic defence tactics I was talking about.
Rather than addressing criticism, strawman the opponent. Read my post again, and tell me that it is all feels.
Also, there's your fucking example.

And what I was asking for was the specific points that the other commenter disagreed with and why.
So much oppression!

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
26-08-2014, 01:30 PM
(26-08-2014 01:25 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  So much oppression!

I really hope you're being sarcastic but I have *feels*... that you're not...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-08-2014, 01:41 PM
(26-08-2014 01:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 01:25 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  So much oppression!

I really hope you're being sarcastic but I have *feels*... that you're not...

That part was sarcasm, the rest was genuine.

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
26-08-2014, 01:48 PM
(26-08-2014 01:25 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 01:10 PM)cjlr Wrote:  How 'bout you bring something other than feels to the table before asking more from anyone else, okay?

Huh? I didn't bring feels, I brought reasoned arguments.

O rly?

(24-08-2014 06:19 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  There are problems I have with feminism.
insert wholly unsubstantiated assertions here

(26-08-2014 01:25 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  This is the pathetic defence tactics I was talking about.
Rather than addressing criticism, strawman the opponent. Read my post again, and tell me that it is all feels.

Concern trolling? Tsk, tsk.

(26-08-2014 01:25 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  Also, there's your fucking example.

Nope.

[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
26-08-2014, 01:55 PM
(26-08-2014 01:48 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 01:25 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  Huh? I didn't bring feels, I brought reasoned arguments.

O rly?

(24-08-2014 06:19 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  There are problems I have with feminism.
insert wholly unsubstantiated assertions here

(26-08-2014 01:25 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  This is the pathetic defence tactics I was talking about.

Concern trolling? Tsk, tsk.

(26-08-2014 01:25 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  Also, there's your fucking example.

Nope.

So if you are disagreeing with these actually being true about the feminist movement, you must disagree with them. If that is the case, we have probably similar views on gender politics.
Then this disagreement is purely on what feminism is, and who the people are when we refer to feminists. If that is the case, it is an argument about definitions. All I am saying is that the majority of people who call themselves feminists (PZ Meyers, Anita Sarkeesian, Rebecca Watson, Melody "Twitter PTSD" Hensley) behave and have these views.
So I am unsure of what you are actually disputing, as you aren't explaining the specific parts that you disagree with and why.
Come back when you are ready to have a rational discussion.

[+] 1 user Likes spinosauruskin's post
26-08-2014, 02:03 PM
(26-08-2014 01:55 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  So if you are disagreeing with these actually being true about the feminist movement, you must disagree with them.

That... doesn't actually follow, but whatever.

(26-08-2014 01:55 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  If that is the case, we have probably similar views on gender politics.
Then this disagreement is purely on what feminism is, and who the people are when we refer to feminists. If that is the case, it is an argument about definitions. All I am saying is that the majority of people who call themselves feminists (PZ Meyers, Anita Sarkeesian, Rebecca Watson, Melody "Twitter PTSD" Hensley) behave and have these views.
So I am unsure of what you are actually disputing, as you aren't explaining the specific parts that you disagree with and why.

I see no particular need to address anything based on mere assertion.
(that's the part where you use words like "majority", in case you missed it)

(26-08-2014 01:55 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  Come back when you are ready to have a rational discussion.

I love the smell of sanctimony in the morning.

[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
26-08-2014, 02:22 PM
(07-08-2014 03:59 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  You don't like feminism (I prefer to call it gender equality), or you don't like those whack-o's giving feminism a bad name?

Feminism started off as just gender equality, getting equal rights for women. Some really have taken it too far, and have ruined the movement and name.

Well said.
I'm for equality period.
Religion creed or color should have nothing to do with equal rights.
However, I will add that emotionalism can be an aid at times....to motivate people to act politically.

The rabid never helps tho.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
26-08-2014, 03:14 PM
(26-08-2014 02:03 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 01:55 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  So if you are disagreeing with these actually being true about the feminist movement, you must disagree with them.

That... doesn't actually follow, but whatever.

(26-08-2014 01:55 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  If that is the case, we have probably similar views on gender politics.

I see no particular need to address anything based on mere assertion.
(that's the part where you use words like "majority", in case you missed it)

(26-08-2014 01:55 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  Come back when you are ready to have a rational discussion.

I love the smell of sanctimony in the morning.

What I meant (it was a typo) was that you must think they aren't real assertions about feminism because you think those are bad attributes.

I will then substantiate my original post then with citations where needed.
1. No need, it is my opinion on definitions and self-identification. As much as I have very little care for the words you use for a stance in an issue, I choose my identity.
2. Negative claim. Prove that they deal with male injustice.
3. Look back on this forum. As for the question, answer it.
4. Definitions. Equal doesn't mean the same.
5. http://youtu.be/vLpzzaeNaKI
6. http://youtu.be/hVc2Z13uxV8
7. Either explain how men aren't affected by sexual harassment. Oh wait. http://youtu.be/5_saS417Pe8
Or show feminist policies that police male harassment as well.
Also, http://youtu.be/Jy5vRGtKPY0
8. Give me better counter arguments then.
9. Define whether there are either differences or complete psychological and phyisiological identicality between men and women, barring the obvious genetalia.
10. Just check Melody Hensley's twitter, or look at the nonexistent comments section of Anita Sarkeesian, or the ban happy policies of atheism + and FTB.
11. Just my personal opinion.
12. Is there a third option in your eyes? Last time I checked, it was feminist or sexist/misogynist. Or if you are a woman who disagrees with feminism, you are brainwashed by the patriarchy.

As for your criticism of my last comment, I meant the majority of feminists I have encountered, okay?

Are you a troll? I am calling Poe's Law. Either that, or you are being intellectually dishonest.

26-08-2014, 03:33 PM
I fail to see how some random schmucks on Youtube are representative of anything at all.

Nor do I see how silly assertions become anymore worthwhile if you call them "opinion".

"NO U PROVE ME WRONG" is not an argument.

(26-08-2014 03:14 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  As for your criticism of my last comment, I meant the majority of feminists I have encountered, okay?

Indeed. And do you understand how and why that is a very different statement to make?

(26-08-2014 03:14 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  Are you a troll? I am calling Poe's Law. Either that, or you are being intellectually dishonest.

Yes. I am a troll. Ask anyone else here.

[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post