Ferguson, Missouri for the past few days...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2014, 12:12 PM
Ferguson, Missouri for the past few days...
I haven't seen anyone posting about this and honestly, I don't know if it's world news or even nation-wide but I'm sharing it anyways because if I'm hearing about the crazy going down in my home state, you guys have to too! In all honestly, I am not the best at explaining things but I'm going to try to explain it anyways. Then provide you with a few articles. Alright? Alright.

So a few days ago in Ferguson, MO ( near St.Louis), a police officer shot and killed 18 year old Michael Brown, an African American, for no real reason other than discrimination. Since news broke out about Brown's death, it has gone crazy. A Quick Trip near the scene of the death was burnt to the ground as well as rubber bullets being fired. Riots against the police and police being shot. Threats are being given to the City Hall and Police Station.Among the crazys are more peaceful protesters/riots, consisting of a mass of people walking down the road with their hands raised shouting, "don't shoot" or standing on the side of the road with signs that read "honk for justice" and many cars honking as they drive by. All in all, people are demanding the name of the officer that killed Brown. The name is being withheld but, seeing how the events around this story are constantly progressing and becoming more violent, there's no telling how long they'll hold off on giving the name of the officer.

I'm sure I'm missing over stuff. Here's a few articles I found. Feel free to provide more that you find. Of course, feel free to share your reaction and thoughts regarding Micheal Brown's death and the everything unfolding since then.

Unrest Continues

New Police Shooting

Shooter's Name Withheld After Threats, Police Say

Obama Calls for Reflection

[Image: notagain.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
13-08-2014, 04:12 PM
Re: Ferguson, Missouri for the past few days...
Hadn't heard of it but see it on msnbc now being talked about.

The two eye witness reports I've seen depicts a bad picture for the officer.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
13-08-2014, 07:34 PM
RE: Ferguson, Missouri for the past few days...
Have read plenty about former Va. governor's accused trading the prestige of the governor couple's office in exchange for presents and loans that totaled $150,000 (about CNY 90,0000). I was thinking that wasn't a large sum of money, just what a medium size apartment in my provincial capitial is worth (would shrink to 1/10 of it if it was in the national capital).

I was thinking , with curiosity and a little shock and awe, that gees, US people really kept a tight leash on their government

And then this, the Ferguson shooting and looting and shooting in D.C. again ...

Want something? Then do something.
13-08-2014, 08:31 PM
The corporate media talks about the rioting because their job is to scare white people.

If you want to follow the story go to Rawstory.com

http://www.rawstory.com/

BTW, the LA cops executed another man today...apparently while he was laying face down on the road.

[Image: Atheismreality_zps62a2c96a.jpg]
13-08-2014, 10:31 PM
Sounds like the authorities are bungling in every way possible dealing with the fallout.

Seriously, they're even arresting supporters and bringing in tanks? Even brought in a politician for criticizing the response? What the fuck is going on?

[Image: giphy.gif]
14-08-2014, 05:16 PM
Where are all the Cliven Bundy supporters now when the popo shows up in military garb with .50 cal machine guns and MRAPS? You don't think their absence and silence has anything to do with the fact that the protesters are darkies do you? If there's one thing Ferguson has highlighted is that racism is a long way from being dead in the USA.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-08-2014, 05:37 PM
(13-08-2014 12:12 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  I haven't seen anyone posting about this and honestly, I don't know if it's world news or even nation-wide but I'm sharing it anyways because if I'm hearing about the crazy going down in my home state, you guys have to too! In all honestly, I am not the best at explaining things but I'm going to try to explain it anyways. Then provide you with a few articles. Alright? Alright.

So a few days ago in Ferguson, MO ( near St.Louis), a police officer shot and killed 18 year old Michael Brown, an African American, for no real reason other than discrimination. Since news broke out about Brown's death, it has gone crazy. A Quick Trip near the scene of the death was burnt to the ground as well as rubber bullets being fired. Riots against the police and police being shot. Threats are being given to the City Hall and Police Station.Among the crazys are more peaceful protesters/riots, consisting of a mass of people walking down the road with their hands raised shouting, "don't shoot" or standing on the side of the road with signs that read "honk for justice" and many cars honking as they drive by. All in all, people are demanding the name of the officer that killed Brown. The name is being withheld but, seeing how the events around this story are constantly progressing and becoming more violent, there's no telling how long they'll hold off on giving the name of the officer.

I'm sure I'm missing over stuff. Here's a few articles I found. Feel free to provide more that you find. Of course, feel free to share your reaction and thoughts regarding Micheal Brown's death and the everything unfolding since then.

Unrest Continues

New Police Shooting

I am in no way defending the actions of the police in this case, however, as a ex cop in Florida I have learned to evaluate things a bit. Whenever this situation happens there is the frothing media frenzy where they will splash "unarmed black teen gunned down by police!" as it serves their needs very well, draw in viewers. Witnesses say there was a struggle at the cop car between the victim and the cop, the cop claims the 18yo pushed him back in the car and hit him in the face. The cop has a swollen spot on his face to potentially substantiate that. Then the next thing people saw was the cop push him back and draw his weapon firing a round into the 18yo who was at that point turning and running away. INTERJECTION: This is where the cop screwed up, he can not articulate he was fighting for his life, defending himself or striving to retain ownership of his weapon when the victim had his back turned and was running. The victim at that point up to being shot had committed assault on an officer, but that doesn't constitute deadly force as he was turned and running away. Then allegedly upon being shot, he stopped, raised his hands and turned around, and the officer shot him until he dropped. That is murder in the first degree if that is true. Forensics will do a lot to assist in the fact finding.

My point is, let the facts come out, then put this potential murdering cop where he belongs. I don't condone his actions clearly in anyway, but realize the media and public love to instantly blame the cops (right in this incident in my opinion)while loudly proclaiming timmy was walking home from sunday school and the big bad racist cops got out of their car, planted drugs on him and then shot him for no reason. The whole time the mom will be wailing about "they shot my baby, he was a good boy, he goes to church and everything, not my baby".....their "baby" ends up not being such a choir boy a lot of the time, but moms are blind to the crimes of their kids. In THIS case, it seems while he was not a choir boy, and had the balls to aggressively fight the police, he didn't violate anything that authorized deadly force and I am pretty certain the cop is going to go down for it, as he should, BUT lets let the evidence come to light.

Meanwhile, looting all the nearby stores for tvs and tires will definitely set things right.

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens
[+] 6 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
14-08-2014, 05:49 PM
Obama:
"I know the events of the past few days have prompted strong passions, but as details unfold, I urge everyone in Ferguson, MO, and across the country, to remember this young man through reflection and understanding"... Blink

If President Johnson was willing to send National Guard TROOPS into Alabama once upon a time, I'd like to see Obama willing to at least send some federal investigators into Missouri, now-a-days.

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
14-08-2014, 06:11 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2014 06:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-08-2014 05:37 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(13-08-2014 12:12 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  I haven't seen anyone posting about this and honestly, I don't know if it's world news or even nation-wide but I'm sharing it anyways because if I'm hearing about the crazy going down in my home state, you guys have to too! In all honestly, I am not the best at explaining things but I'm going to try to explain it anyways. Then provide you with a few articles. Alright? Alright.

Unrest Continues

New Police Shooting

I am in no way defending the actions of the police in this case, however, as a ex cop in Florida I have learned to evaluate things a bit. Whenever this situation happens there is the frothing media frenzy where they will splash "unarmed black teen gunned down by police!" as it serves their needs very well, draw in viewers. Witnesses say there was a struggle at the cop car between the victim and the cop, the cop claims the 18yo pushed him back in the car and hit him in the face. The cop has a swollen spot on his face to potentially substantiate that. Then the next thing people saw was the cop push him back and draw his weapon firing a round into the 18yo who was at that point turning and running away. INTERJECTION: This is where the cop screwed up, he can not articulate he was fighting for his life, defending himself or striving to retain ownership of his weapon when the victim had his back turned and was running. The victim at that point up to being shot had committed assault on an officer, but that doesn't constitute deadly force as he was turned and running away. Then allegedly upon being shot, he stopped, raised his hands and turned around, and the officer shot him until he dropped. That is murder in the first degree if that is true. Forensics will do a lot to assist in the fact finding.

My point is, let the facts come out, then put this potential murdering cop where he belongs. I don't condone his actions clearly in anyway, but realize the media and public love to instantly blame the cops (right in this incident in my opinion)while loudly proclaiming timmy was walking home from sunday school and the big bad racist cops got out of their car, planted drugs on him and then shot him for no reason. The whole time the mom will be wailing about "they shot my baby, he was a good boy, he goes to church and everything, not my baby".....their "baby" ends up not being such a choir boy a lot of the time, but moms are blind to the crimes of their kids. In THIS case, it seems while he was not a choir boy, and had the balls to aggressively fight the police, he didn't violate anything that authorized deadly force and I am pretty certain the cop is going to go down for it, as he should, BUT lets let the evidence come to light.

Meanwhile, looting all the nearby stores for tvs and tires will definitely set things right.

The spark which ignited the fuse is incidental at this point GodlessGood. DOJ's on that. It's now all about the racist response by the popo. Goddam the darkies are collecting on the street. Bring out the MRAPS and the .50 cal. Reminds me of this.

[Image: tienamin.jpg]

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-08-2014, 06:11 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2014 07:27 PM by Smercury44.)
(14-08-2014 05:37 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  

Unrest Continues

New Police Shooting

So much this. As far as I can tell we don't know yet what actually went down the investigation is still pending. Either way releasing this cop's name right now will do no one any good. Let the investigation be completed, have him stand trials or any crimes committed.

People are getting upset that the cops are using riot control methods to control... A riot.

Have I been reading the wrong articles (or not enough)?

Seems all blown way out of proportion. It is truly sad if the cop shot down this young man for no good reason. Let the cop be punished to the full extent of the law. But come on, what does all of this other stuff do for anybody except create further racial rifts in the community, not to mention damage to community property as well.

People used to laugh at me when I would say "I want to be a comedian". Well nobody is laughing now!

You can never lose a homing pigeon - if your homing pigeon doesn't come back, what you've lost is a pigeon.
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post